It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Jeb Bush's idea to improve economy- "people need to work longer hours"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
"" Jeb Bush's idea to improve economy- "people need to work longer hours" ""

with all the people working and still qualifying and receiving public assistances, the "working less hours" seems more like a Democrat marching theme.

"working less hours" is more like oppression than working longer hours.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
We are so stupid in this country.

What their doing to the Greeks, the Spanish, Italians, the French with austerity will come fact its already here...

They already destroyed millions of 401k plans for Middle class people and millions have lost their homes and absolutely NOTHING was done.

And this dog Bush says what’s in his heart and tells us what he will do and he will probably be the next president.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
a reply to: Willtell

compassionate conservative = oxymoron

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:04 PM
So let's see, last week was a holiday week. I had a couple of extra days off, but the week before It was 60-70 hours easy. And Jeb Bush thinks I need to work more hours? Wow! What a tool! Tell me again please why anyone should vote for this Schmuck?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
My time this year has been cut from near 40 hours to 24. I wish Jeb would inform the good conservative republicans that own/run the company I should be required to have more hours. They think they save money using more part time people.

If they actually had to compete in the market they would go belly up.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:26 PM
I concur. The US health system has become a pig trough for wealthy share holders

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: oilNGO
The USA has to end company paid healthcare for employees. Its a rort no one can afford.

Free based pension based medicine costs more than all wars in one year. Free is not free, especially when its abused. Its paid for by workers at a hefty rate.

If Americans cant afford the best healthcare whats the point?

then the USA has to come in line with the rest of the world on healthcare prices.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:39 PM
I said it a few posts ago and it's worth repeating. I have three kids and a household to maintain, I own a business...generally working 60-80 hours a week, depending on the week. Screw you, Bush, The problem isn't that I'm not working hard enough or long enough hours.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:00 PM
I have never been able to equate longer hours to increased productivity. At least not beyond a short term burst.

I actually see the opposite in employees and myself, with a general decrease in productivity during hours worked as the weeks and months go on.

I also notice that it depends quite strongly according to the field of work.

Either way, I know plenty of people that would disagree, probably including ol Jeb. It's turned into quite a debate on occasion in my personal life. I feel that beyond 50-60 hours a week, productivity and efficiency is lost with a continuing drop as time goes on.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:39 AM
People do need to work more hours... Obamas 32 hour full time doesn't pay the bills for most Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>