It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush's idea to improve economy- "people need to work longer hours"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
14% of Americans have 85% of US wealth. Only the billionaires can stimulate the economy. The US politicians have to stop asking the poor to stimulate the economy. The poor cant stimulate the economy.

Spend your money to stimulate the economy in the US, or pay tax on it.

The $5 Trillion Stash: U.S. Corporations' Money Hoard Is Bigger Than the GDP of Germany

www.theatlantic.com...

edit on 10-7-2015 by oilNGO because: ADDITIONAL CONTENT

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Maybe US corporations should receive tax deductions for purchasing products on US made in the USA by US citizens.

So a government official determines the percentage of the item made in the US. If the item is only assembled in the USA then it may be that only a 20% of that tax break on the item is claimable based on the tax model created.

If a product is entirely imported then a company doesn't get the extra tax break n top current claimables.

So a car manufacturer might be given a class 20% status. That would allow the manufacturer to display class 20 status decal on the windscreen in the car yard according the level of job creation in the US by US citizens. Purchasers would then be given the chance to purchase based on jobs & tax deduction they receive.

The more jobs a business expense creates in the USA, the greater the tax break for a company.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I already work 50+ hours a week just to make ends meet. I make just enough to cover the basics, live paycheck to paycheck and haven't had a real vacation or "raise" in years. I've been laid off three times in 15 years and I've watched my jobs go to India and come back more times than I can count. I've retrained and jumped back in and it's mostly been for nada. I'm 46 years old and I support two kids because their mother lost her mind to prescription anti-depressants and ran off to join the circus. I'll probably work until I die because "saving" isn't possible in a paycheck to paycheck economy, and I'm fine with that.

Really.

I'll tell you something ugly though. In 1999 -- when my daughter was born -- I had what most would describe as a fairly middle class life. I had life insurance and a 401K and every once in a while I took the family to Disneyland. I no longer participate in any of that because my wages crashed, and have remained flat while the world around me doubled in price.

Because I don't participate in any of the things that mark a middle class life, I don't care about them. I don't care about terrorism, or politics. I don't care about social security or retirees in their campers and 5th wheels. I don't care about flags or marriages or real estate inventory.

The world can rise or fall. Those of us with no skin in the game aren't rooting for you either.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The USA has to end company paid healthcare for employees. Its a rort no one can afford.

Free based pension based medicine costs more than all wars in one year. Free is not free, especially when its abused. Its paid for by workers at a hefty rate.

If Americans cant afford the best healthcare whats the point?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: CB328

Google US congressman average hours of work per week

Lots of views and reports but the net result is about 28 hours / week on average that a US politician works when the house and senate are active. There are a few "political sources" that say yeah but they work 70 hours a week when not on the floor blah blah blah.

The long and short of it is that many politicians may have started out with nothing but good intentions, but once they've spent time in the vipers nest they become corrupt pieces of ship that are in it to line their own pockets at the expense of the majority and wouldn't know what real "work" was if it came up and bit them on the ass.

Jeb BUSH - nuff said - dynastic bloodline, great grandad worked for the Nazis, and his ship-for-brains brothers' biggest achievement was "mission accomplished" - LOL

Jeb the bushman is going to be America's next president, you want to know why, well it has to do with "war crimes". Do you realize how many countries want to try george bush for war crimes, but can't since America has proclaim it to be the world dictator.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Typical example of how millionaire politicians can't relate to the average American. This must be his alternative answer to raising the minimum wage.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

'Slavery' nothig but..

can i type # off?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: oilNGO
The USA has to end company paid healthcare for employees. Its a rort no one can afford.

Free based pension based medicine costs more than all wars in one year. Free is not free, especially when its abused. Its paid for by workers at a hefty rate.

If Americans cant afford the best healthcare whats the point?

then the USA has to come in line with the rest of the world on healthcare prices.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

"Go home Jeb, you're drunk."
-beezzer

We need to bring back the 85K/year jobs that we lost, not piss around with minimum wage jobs and longer hours.

Idiot.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

“You can take it out of context all you want, but high sustained growth means people work 40 hours rather than 30 hours and that by our success they have disposable income for their families to decide how they want to spend it rather than standing in line and being dependent upon government,” he said.

This is an idiotic remark. You can't work 40 hour weeks if the businesses only staff 30 hour positions because it is cheaper.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I don't get paid for OT...

So, Jeb, how about cutting taxes and stop spending tax money on stupid # instead?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Jeb Bush is an idiot

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Part time workers are allow to work less than 30 hours. So working longer isn't an option.

Too many people don't know what is going on.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Jeb Bush is an idiot

That's why he'll be put in place. There's no fair elections no more with electronic voting. There isn't people, wake up for pete's sake.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Even though Jeb, a first glance, would seem to be a bit sharper than brother George, he isn't. This is part of that proof.

He could, if he had real nerve, suggest that Congress work harder and longer hours in order to fix some of the country's problems.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

What I see by your reply is that you are locked into the herd mentality of just plodding along . You do realize that you could start your own business don't you? If you're going to work long hours don't do it for someone else do it for yourself .

When 50-80% of businesses fail with the first few years? Maybe starting a small business was a good thing in the 50s and 60s but it's not true today.

It's always something, go to college - start your own business - work longer. It's some excuse to blame the middle class for their shrinking wages. People were told college was the key to higher wages - many listened, worked hard and ended up with no jobs plus debt.

I'll answer your original question about what's wrong with working more hours.......

Long work hours are not only bad for the worker's quality of life but also bad for their health.

PLUS IN THE LONG-TERM it's bad for the overall economy.

People stop having children (as we see happening now). Low population growth is a killer to the economy.
There is also less discretionary income. Before one income could support a family - if they wanted something like a summer house the other partner could work. Now both are working just to survive.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

a whole lot of hard work and many many hours

What about people who can't or don't want to work many, many hours?

My point is that is the default republican position- that any problem is the fault of the working people and we have to work more and do with less to fix it. The reality is the working people don't cause any of the problems in our society, they're all caused by people like Jeb- politicians, bankers, the wealthy, etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: oilNGO
14% of Americans have 85% of US wealth. Only the billionaires can stimulate the economy. The US politicians have to stop asking the poor to stimulate the economy. The poor cant stimulate the economy.

Spend your money to stimulate the economy in the US, or pay tax on it.

The $5 Trillion Stash: U.S. Corporations' Money Hoard Is Bigger Than the GDP of Germany

www.theatlantic.com...

well with all the demand to take it all away, how can anybody blame them?

Government will not do anything for you.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I repeat this again that there was a time when the American work force was looking at progress: maybe a 30 hour work week, retirement at late fifties or early sixties at the latest, and best of all a 4 day work week.

Then Ronald Reagan was elected and passed a huge giant tax cut for the rich

And ever since we’ve been going nothing but downhill

With Clinton repealing Glass-Steegle and enacting NAFTA

And now the GOP and Obama want to literally seal the doom of the American work force with this TPP trade scam

Even the Europeans started years ago to becoming human and began a trek to the above possibilities

look at Greece now!

The elite bandits have seen this and have put puppets in power to begin the down hill road to serfdom

And that means all the hopes of progress in the late 70’s and early 80’s has turned into the nightmare of today where now people work 60, 70, and 80, or 90- hours a week just to survive

Bush is the culmination of what their doing, Him and the wicked witch Hillary

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
American politics is a total circus...I obviously knew that Jeb was in the Bush family but I just learned from wiki...THAT IT'S ACTUALLY HIS BROTHER?!

THE BROTHER OF THE ONE THAT LET 911 HAPPEN?

Seriously, the battered women syndrome has taken over? The GOP really think people are retarded enough to vote for them? AND THEY ARE?! Isn't there any other competition for the conservative minds?

Excluding people that want it or own their business, longer hours isn't a good indication of an evolved society, I think that's something we can all agree on.

Other than Sanders, I don't understand how anyone could vote for either the GOP or the Dems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join