It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Because nothing speaks intolerance better than Religion.

"Just because we don't allow rape now, doesn't mean that we should try to allow it! After all, Rape is perfectly acceptable in the bible so long as the man marries the woman afterwords and pays a fee to her father"

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Do you believe that too?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well I was going to think of some hopefully witty snarky reply to the willful ignorance that is religion but then thought "who cares".(Chris Tucker Opera House Fifth Element)
Replying to the substance of the OP is the equivalent of arguing with the guy on the street corner with the "End is Near" sign shrilly crying "Repent, repent ye sinners", it's just laughable.

The only good thing with all these shrill desperate fear god threads of late, is the sure knowledge that even they know their time of rule is at an end.

K~

edit on 7-7-2015 by aethertek because: Name

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Have you heard of the Christian baker that was sued for refusing to bake a gay wedding cake? He was well within his rights and acted on faith, yet the LGBT wave used the incident to strip christians of rights. All I see in homosexuality is the potential for degeneration.

A drug user isn't evil, its the influence of the drug that propmts evil. The same goes for homosexuality. Its the gate way to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Is this nation any stronger because of free spirited sexuality? No. Infact its fallen apart.

woops. Now you added in all that garbage. You couldn't just leave well enough alone.

I don't feel empathy for you anymore.
Can't say I didn't try.

edit on 7/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

No he was not well within his rights.. why do people always bring up this argument without actually looking up facts

the Bakery was in a state that had Anti-Discrimination Laws, it was against the law to discriminate based on Sexuality,Gender or Race and the Baker did.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm just curious, why do you care so much what other consenting adults do in their bedrooms? And why does it matter to you who they love or marry? I've never understood why people are so infatuated with the sex lives & love lives of people they supposedly disagree with.

Love is the strongest & most amazing emotion we can have. I wish everyone can have love & feel loved. The God I submit to is beneficent, merciful, and doesn't make mistakes. We all have our own paths to walk. So why not just live & let live instead of trying to tear consenting adults down for not obeying your interpretations of right & wrong?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Do you drink coke or Pepsi? At some point you use discrimination to make the decision. The baker was acting on faith.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Have you heard of the Christian baker that was sued for refusing to bake a gay wedding cake? He was well within his rights and acted on faith, yet the LGBT wave used the incident to strip christians of rights. All I see in homosexuality is the potential for degeneration.

A drug user isn't evil, its the influence of the drug that propmts evil. The same goes for homosexuality. Its the gate way to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Is this nation any stronger because of free spirited sexuality? No. Infact its fallen apart.

woops.

I don't feel empathy for you anymore.
Can't say I didn't try.

Hahaha, this made me laugh.

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Right, because the stating that naturally-born people with perfectly natural traits are intrinsically flawed, lesser human beings is so much better than being forced to make a cake (which really does not effect the bakers religion at all by the way).

Unlike drug users, Homosexuals don't "get their fix" by choice, later on in life.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I don't Drink Either.. and that is relevant?

He can act on faith all he wants, it was illegal in the state he had his Bakery in. Religion does not take precedence over Law or other people, it was illegal to discriminate and he did.. that's it

link   

The baker was acting on faith.

The baker was acting on hysterical, self-serving, judgmental hatefulness.

link   
Breathing is natural.

Is that wrong too?

What about eating, should I give that up?

And this law written in hearts bollicks, where did you get that from?

Does the Atheist who refuses to believe in God have it? What about a Buddhist. A Hindu? A Astrozorian?

Face it, the Bible is just one of many ancient texts that contains a few truths and a lot if tall stories.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That may be you're opinion, but its no reason to violate their personal beliefs.

I simply stated my opinion in this thread. I haven't actually taken anyone's rights away.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Freedom of religion is a Constitutional right. The baker was not acting on personal antagonism, he was practicing his faith. No one is entitled to a cake.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Comparing gay sex to rape and murder? Give me a break! Two gay people having sex is a mutual agreement, rape and murder aren't! It's laughable that you would even compare them.

link   

No, it's pretty self explanatory. The baker did act hysterically to the situation in a hateful manner. You are just about the same level as he is with your similar stance presented in this topic. Perhaps these traits are only able to be seen from people outside of the belief system you carry.

Again, could you explain to me what laws in the bible were broken if the baker did bake the cake? He would not become homosexual by baking it, so what is wrong exactly?
edit on 7/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

link   

I simply stated my opinion in this thread. I haven't actually taken anyone's rights away.

And no one has taken your rights away.

But I did take my flag away.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
To all participating in this thread:

If you could take my Constitutional freedom of speech away, would you do it inspite of my personal opinion?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

And no one has taken your rights away.

But I did take my flag away.

You've just ruined his ATS career

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Nah. He did it to himself.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
To all participating in this thread:

If you could take my Constitutional freedom of speech away, would you do it inspite of my personal opinion?

No. you're free to have any opinion you want. And we are free to tell you why your opinion is bogus, hateful, intolerant, ignorant... must I continue?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You're communicating where your faith "teaches" you that path leads.

Food for thought:

Gay people exist. "God" MIGHT exist. So logic says ostracize people who DO exist because it could piss off someone who MIGHT?

Your faith is less a matter of faith and more a matter of geography.
Born in the southeast us? Probably baptist, Methodist, episcopalian.
Born in Italy? Probably catholic.
Born in Israel? Probably a Jew.
Born in Saudi Arabia? You are probably Sunni or Shia Muslim.

I was born and raised in Montgomery, AL.
Most people would think I'm a bible-thumpin' hillbilly who hates "darkies", and thinks them there homos is going to hell!
In fact, I am so close to atheist, that I almost take the pledge. I also think that if two men, or two women, or transgendered versions thereof want to be married and be able to be comfortable in who they love, then let them. Hell, three women, one post-op female, and a snapping turtle for all I care can be married.
That will not " Destroy the American family".
I am a white Hetero male, married to a white hetero female, whom I absolutely worship. Neither of us are going to "turn gay" or line up for gender reassignment surgery if it's more accepted. People are who they are. Period. You won't destroy America by going down this sinful road. To lump gay or lesbians or transsexuals in with rapists and murderers is not only ill-informed, uneducated, and rude, it's also hurtful. People who are not "normal-sexual" have a hard enough time dealing with very simple things in life we heteros take for granted. They don't need extra # from people who judge them from a position of hate and fear. Unless I'm mistaken, at one time being caught believing in Jesus was illegal. Even now in some Middle Eastern countries, being Christian is dangerous. If you really care about people the way ol' Jeezy says to, instead of slinging hellfire and rapey otters at people who aren't like you, maybe BE the example instead of MAKING one of someone else.
Don't you "sin"? Of course you do. Do you and your spouse ONLY have sex in the missionary position? You are having sex with only your actual spouse right? I'm no theological expert, but isn't ALL sin equal in the eyes of God? If you steal bread, that's the same as suckin a dick for beads at Mardi Gras.

My two pennies, good night all. Be good to each other. Be especially good to those who hate you, it really pisses them off.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join