It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusDontHaveABeard

episcopalian.

No.

Unless you're talking about the AME - African Methodist Episcopal.

Episcopalians actually have no issue with gays - in fact, many of them are in the clergy, male AND female. "Episcopalians" are generally quite educated and clear-headed. They are the US version of the Church of England. Very few of them in the southeast.....or the "Bible Belt." (I was raised as one.)

edit on 7/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You do know good and bad are human subjective interpretations of events right?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: doclec

So there is no standard? Is it all just a free for all? What about murder?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Ok, so you don't understand.. that's fine. i'm sorry i thought you could have this conversation with some kind of understanding

but for the record, in his state it's illegal to discriminate, he discriminated and broke the law

his Freedom of belief was not broken or taken away, he can still believe what he wants, when he wants and how he wants, but if he had/has a public business that offers services he can Not discriminate

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

instead of slinging hellfire and rapey otters at people who aren't like you, maybe BE the example instead of MAKING one of someone else.

LOL!! Brilliant.

"rapey otters." Too funny.

edit on 7/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: add in a beer

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I didn't think of AME but you're right. I wasn't talking about their stance but rather where you are born has more to do with what branch of faith you subscribe to than actual faith does.

link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No, you dont understand. He believed he was fulfilling his faith. That falls under freedom of religion. But obviously cake was more important to the couple than respecting freedom of religion.

link   

Murder under certain conditions can be counter-productive, but if youre asking if its good or bad, who is to say? Is the murder of a child molester by the parent of the child it happened to good or bad?

It could be a free for all. We have created rules and structures that punish murder, but its just that. A made up rule that we think is good for society.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I think the cake situation is a one off. The gay people I know are FFFFAAAARRRRRR to fabulous to have supermarket level cake for gay wedding. As if, boo!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I agree with the OP that our belief in God and self-awareness separates us from the animal kingdom. I also agree that things like abortion and homosexuality are wrong, but I don't think it is fair for us to force our morals on others.

Maybe it is because I am not Christian or maybe it is because I am a Libertarian, but I don't want to see others have belief systems and choices forced upon them by others. Each of us has to make our own peace with our God and ourselves. Each of us has our own path to travel.

I have enough trouble just worrying about my own choices. I don't need to worry about someone else's choices nor would I be willing to pass judgement on another.
edit on 2015/7/7 by Metallicus because: Spaced Sentences

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Exactly. It has a lot to do with where you are born, and also how ignorant indoctrinated (or, conversely, educated) your parents are.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

He believed he was fulfilling his faith. That falls under freedom of religion. But obviously cake was more important to the couple than respecting freedom of religion.

He only believes that because some jerk told him that he'd go to hell if he deigned to bake a cake for someone else.

The cake was more important to him than RESPECTING TWO HUMAN BEINGS.

God you all make me tired.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You don't understand, and that's ok.. but i don't have to keep repeating myself. Religion can't dictate laws, or create laws it is a Belief system, a personal belief system you can't use your religion to control me or other people. if you open a Public business in the state he was in you are not allowed to discriminate, point blank period.com
edit on 7-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

rapey otters period.com

This is getting better and better!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Just because you believe in Religion doesn't make it right

Today its the LGBT doctrine. Tomorrow it will be pedophilia, gang rape and murder. Its not a social rights issue. Its order vesus lawlessness.

You know i can tolerate a whole lot, but seriously don't you dare compare me or anyone else in the GLBTQ+ community with Pedophilia, Gang Rape, Murder, Incest, Bestiality or any other thing you can think of

We've seen such logic portrayed already, see: Civil Rights Movement.

Plenty of black hating racists said the very same things about the black community.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I will say that USA is not and has never been a theocracy, so legally its your right to marry another member of your gender. I'm not disputing your rights. I'm simply stating the facts. As heterosexual monogamous family units have declined, so has the integrity of the nation.

If you morally justify homosexuality on the notion that humans are animals, then you must accept and justify the bad qualities of the animal kingdom with the good.

We are not animals, we may be tempted, but unlike animals we can resist. Homosexuality is a CHOICE despite genetic factors that may introduce temptation.

We are all responsible for our choices. Animals, not so much.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We are not animals, we may be tempted, but unlike animals we can resist. Homosexuality is a CHOICE despite genetic factors that may introduce temptation.

We are all responsible for our choices. Animals, not so much.

You are SO wrong.
AND you are a 'crap' priest. "BELIEVER" or not. What a load of crap...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The baker owned the bakery, they were not controlling anybody. The homosexual couple could have and should have taken they're business elsewhere, but they just had to take the baker's rights away first...not for justice but out of spite.

No one is entitled to a cake.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You are SO wrong. 
AND you are a 'crap' priest. "BELIEVER" or not. What a load of crap...

Oh yeah, well you're just a big fat poopy head. Grow up.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

LOL!!!!

Perfect. Absolutely fabulously perfect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join