It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Ghost147

Morally no, but there's no legitimate legal action that can be done to prevent it.

There's also no legitimate legal action that prevent murder, rape or robberies either. What's your point? Are you trying to say that our laws illegitimate?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

If its ok, then why do you feel the need to convince me? The state's anti-discrimination law is ILLEGAL. It alienates our constitutional rights.

Stop thinking with your emotions.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Maybe because i was trying to help you see.. can't force you though, continue to believe what you want

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That is absolutely wrong. Murder, rape and theft is a willfull violation of another individual's freedom.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I will believe what I want. Its my right. Thats my point. And I will voice my opinion even if you consider it discriminatory. That's my right too and yours as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I will believe what I want. Its my right. Thats my point. And I will voice my opinion even if you consider it discriminatory. That's my right too and yours as well.

Your opinion is yours and your own, and no one can snuff it out of existence, even the law. However, when your voice instead becomes an action, this is when the law steps in.

Have and yell your opinion as loudly as you want, but your ignorance to what the law says you can or can't put into action is what is going to get you in trouble.

EDIT: Could you please answer the question that has been asked to you several times now?

Where does it say in the bible that you shalt not serve homosexuals?
edit on 9/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Homosexuality is a sin and sins are caused by stumbling blocks. Jesus told us not to be stumbling blocks. Under the freedom of religion one has the right to believe that provoking and/aiding another individual to sin is to partake of that sin. That makes it an issue of faith, not discrimination.
edit on 9-7-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: spelling

Matt 18:77“Woe to the world because of itsstumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!

edit on 9-7-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added quote

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Baking a cake for a gay couple is not aiding in them being homosexual. They were homosexual before and will still be homosexual afterward. Are you implying that if someone bakes a cake for a gay couple they are somehow in their bedroom helping them have sex afterward?

This is some very strange logic. That's like saying baking a cake for a murderer somehow means you helped them murder people. Pretty ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Baking the cake would be contributing to their gay wedding celebration...a celebration of an event that the bible classifies as sinful.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Jesus told us not to be stumbling blocks.

Yes, he told YOU not to be stumbling blocks.

And what of this verse?

Matthew 6:1 “Be careful that you don't practice your religion in front of people to draw their attention. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

And

Galatians 3:28: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

And most importantly.... One of Christ’s teachings was that we are not to force our beliefs on anyone:

Matt. 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Maybe you should actually follow what your religion tells you, rather than just implement your own hate through the use of your misconceived version of Christianity?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The bible says nothing about gay weddings. But it does say that the church is the bride of Christ, a church that consists of males and females. You're married to a man named Jesus, does that make you gay?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's your interpretation, and obviously the baker had a different interpretation, which is his Constitutional right.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Ok, but you just changed the subject to me rather than the bakers right to personal interpretation of the bible.

Smooth transition. Nice.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Ok, but you just changed the subject to me rather than the bakers right to personal interpretation of the bible.

Smooth transition. Nice.

Forgive me, but isn't yours and the bakers concepts not identical?

It wasn't an attempt to focus on you, it was an example how the concept that the baker and you are proclaiming is a false one according to the bible you both follow

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

And it is the Constitutional right of gay people to get married and to have sex with one another. Love is love, no matter what form it comes in.

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If God is love then surely he will not keep a record of gay people having sex and then punish them for it. How can love be wrong?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

That is absolutely wrong. Murder, rape and theft is a willful violation of another individual's freedom.

So? It still stands that "There's no legitimate legal action that can be done to prevent discrimination, just like there's no legitimate legal action that can prevent anything.

So, answer my question please. "what's your point? Are you saying that are laws are illegitimate because they can't force people to behave a certain way?"

edit on 9-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Perhaps the baker and I share similar view, perhaps not. Perhaps my interpretation is accurate or perhaps not. Part of freedom of religion is the freedom of interpretation, and the baker's interpretation ruled out gay wedding cakes.

He was within his rights.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Perhaps the baker and I share similar view, perhaps not. Perhaps my interpretation is accurate or perhaps not. Part of freedom of religion is the freedom of interpretation, and the baker's interpretation ruled out gay wedding cakes.

He was within his rights.

There are over 40,000 denominations within the christian religion. We can fairly claim that someone, somewhere will believe any particular part of the bible as absolute truth. We can agree on that, correct?

So everything is fair game then?

So you must then also agree that it is within a persons religious rights and freedom to kill a person who rejects the verdict of a priest

(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT) anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

My point is that in an equal liberty society, morality can not be legislated.

Murder, rape, and, theft (while being immoral in my opinion) are a direct violation of an individual's freedom. Discrimination is not a violation of freedom (unless implimented by the government). You are not entitled to cake. The baker is entitled to refusing to serve cake. The homosexuals are entitled to looking else where for cake.

The moral of the story is by your cake from a willing baker and leave the disgruntled baker alone.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So you must then also agree that it is within a persons religious rights and freedom to kill a person who rejects the verdict of a priest 

No. Because in an equal liberty society, murder is an obstruction to another individual's liberty.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join