It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

Original French 'La Cage aux Folles' is even better if you understand french. Brilliant script.

I knew it was a huge hit....a Broadway show, wasn't it?

I don't understand much French, but I do speak Spanish - and Agador Spartacus was precious.....
reminded me of Fawlty Towers. But, I suppose lots of the Bible People never saw that, either - let alone Monty Python and the Quest for The Holy Grail.

sigh

It is so sad....so "too bad" that so many people have no appreciation of the varieties of cultures; even worse that they have no respect for, or knowledge of those other cultures.

Embarrica. The United States of Embarrica.

edit on 7/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: QUEST for the grail, not SEARCH.....lol

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Original French 'La Cage aux Folles' is even better if you understand french. Brilliant script.

I knew it was a huge hit....a Broadway show, wasn't it?

I don't understand much French, but I do speak Spanish - and Agador Spartacus was precious.....
reminded me of Fawlty Towers. But, I suppose lots of the Bible People never saw that, either - let alone Monty Python and the Search for The Holy Grail.

sigh

It is so sad....so "too bad" that so many people have no appreciation of the varieties of cultures; even worse that they have no respect for, or knowledge of those other cultures.

Embarrica. The United States of Embarrica.

Original script Jean Poiret...well, being that gayness is a disease and all

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that its neither wrong nor right. I say this because I have no argument for or against. People have the right to live their lives however they see fit.

Happy Trolling!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You confise disease with dis-functions.
The disfunction is that they have a body and mind that are at disfunctional cross purposes.

For example bruce jenner suffered for years living in a body that did not match his mind. He is one of the more extream cases. But neverthelessshe could have been corrected before years of suffering.

It is the same thing with homosexuals, autism, transgendered, ect. They all have bodies that are disfunctional with their mind.

It is simply wrong mean and harmful to deny people the chance to be what they are supposed to be at birth, than to struggle for years with their disfunction and be treated rather than cured.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

My son is autistic. He is not disfunctional? He is 'different' but this is welcomed. I like his quirks. They make him who he is, I would not cure, change or enhance anything about him. Looking at the world in a way that is not the 'norm' is not always wrong. All it takes is for people that are small minded to look outside of the box!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

You confise disease with dis-functions.
The disfunction is that they have a body and mind that are at disfunctional cross purposes.

For example bruce jenner suffered for years living in a body that did not match his mind. He is one of the more extream cases. But neverthelessshe could have been corrected before years of suffering.

It is the same thing with homosexuals, autism, transgendered, ect. They all have bodies that are disfunctional with their mind.

It is simply wrong mean and harmful to deny people the chance to be what they are supposed to be at birth, than to struggle for years with their disfunction and be treated rather than cured.

Welcome to ATS, Mengele...

...and thank you for supplying the definitive and undeniable definition of what we are 'supposed to be' at birth...

Who made you the God that decided this?

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

"For example bruce jenner suffered for years living in a body that did not match his mind. He is one of the more extream cases. But neverthelessshe could have been corrected before years of suffering."

There won't be any 'good example' when the suffering was caused by the bigotted intolerance being regurgitated over and over in this thread...

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: demondonna

But I am sure you wish he could live a normal life.

My girlfriends sister has an autistic child and she just got back from south america for experimental stem cell treatment on her child. I know she loves him and he is a good but we understand the suffering he goes through. And she is willing to does anything she can to give him the best life. Events if it means going halfway cross the globe.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Not his suffering was caused by the facts that his body did not match his mind. He later corrected that dis-function much later in his life after years of struggling.

And as far as god goes you must first show proof he/she exists before you can bring that up. Any choices to prevent birth defects should be up to the parents to decide.
edit on 7-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I do not believe he should be fixed. If these differences were gone I feel part of my sons personality would be too. That would devastate me. He's a happy lad most of the time. I would love for him to be a little biut more social but other than that by boy is what he is and i love him regardless.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Not his suffering was caused by the facts that his body did not match his mind. He later corrected that dis-function much later in his life after years of struggling.

And as far as god goes you must first show proof he/she exists before you can bring that up. Any choices to prevent birth defects should be up to the parents to decide.

His 'suffering' was caused by the anxiety produced by intolerance.

I asked you who made you the arbiter that decided how a person should be born...if you continue to address the OP question in terms of 'defective', there may have been a problem that could have been corrected at birth - nothing short of eugenics...get it...it could be applied to any dissent of character, innate, or learned that you wish, with exactly the same line of reasoning...in the case of the OP, religion has been brought into the sphere of eugenics, and vice versa...whether you have a 'faith' or not, your line of reasoning IS eugenics...

Conversation with you, over...

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: demondonna
I do not believe he should be fixed. If these differences were gone I feel part of my sons personality would be too. That would devastate me. He's a happy lad most of the time. I would love for him to be a little biut more social but other than that by boy is what he is and i love him regardless.

Of course you do but how do you think he feels? I am sure he would like to be able to do all the things others kids are doing and at their levels.

In any cases it would be up to the parents to decide if defects prevention is is something they want or do not want. Some parents want a 30 years old man child they can coddle their whole life.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yaaas! i agree..

though Robin Williams is giving me it in that movie

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

a reply to: markosity1973

Maybe I am over explaining things.

And if you think that people want children with dis-functions than you have nothing to worry about.

The thing is that there are a large amount of folk as in the great majority who disagree with you that homosexuality is a dysfunction.

You continue to talk as if it can be stamped out by simply treating the problem in the womb. Your assumption is based upon the notion that every single mother will wither terminate or get seek this 'miracle treatment' you keep posting.

Guess what? There are still parents out there who decide to keep their babies even when they know there are going to be serious birth defects. Some still choose not to know the gender of the child.

So, while you propose either genocide or treatment who's ethics are questionable at best, I have faith in the good people of the world. Yes there will be some who side with you, but there will be many more who do not,

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well if you want to tell catlin jenner that she was wrong for correcting her disfunction you can take that up with her.
I think that she was a girl traped in a mans body. Her mind was at a disfunctional cross purposes with her body. She later corrected that once the struggle was too much and she could not longer go around living the way she knows she was not ment to be.

And as I have pointed out in most every post that it is only up to me when it is my child who may suffer from such a disfunction. I would want my child to have the best life so I would want to prevent and disfunction I could. I does not blame my girlfriends sister for doing anything she can to give her austic son any treatment that may ease suffering she and him must go through because of his disfunction. I does not blame catlin jenner for correcting her disfunctional either.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If you could stop a child from being born GLBTQ+.. could you also stop them from being born Heterosexual?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nope its about to people of the same sex who couple, have sex, and society has accepted this due to political pressure.

This too shall pass.

Yes it will because one day in the future those who were terrified of the changes this would bring will wake up and realise it's been several years since the great marriage debacle of 2015 and their lives have not been affected one tiny little bit.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

If you could stop a child from being born GLBTQ+.. could you also stop them from being born Heterosexual?

Potentially you could get your child to be born addicted to drugs. You could raise/lower androgen levels to cause all kinds of disfunctions in what would otherwise be healthy levels. more likely you would end up with a child that has ambiguous genitalia if you tried to prevent heterosexual tendencies. It is very likely you could cause damage to mom by playing with such levels.

The whole point is to level out parental androgen levels subsequently when such things are within healthy metrics homosexuality, ambiguous genitalia, transgender, ect are prevented.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: windword

How long did Ellen have her sitcom show afterward? Will and grace lasted a blink of an eye because it was then distasteful. None of the cast have steady careers now.

All because it was not accepted then.

You're living in a (hate filled) dream world!

Ellen's sitcom lasted 4 years, not bad, but nothing compared to her talk show, which has been on for 12 years, 5 days a week, for 1 hour a day. Not bad for someone who is not acceptable!

'Will & Grace' cast: Where are they now?

Here's some very successful unacceptable gay pop-culture...

I just watched The Birdcage a little while ago too! It was ahead of its time.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

But i'm not a defect, do you assume that everyone is supposed to be born Heterosexual? what if everyone is supposed to be born Homosexual, and the Heterosexuals would be the "Defects"?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join