It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

Let me try a different example... are you Ok with a State not allowing you to practice a Religion or Not Practice a Religion?

Again, you're confusing the differences, THIS IS A RIGHT written in the constitution. The Constitution does not give you the right to be married.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

OMGOsh have you never seen it?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Religion is a Belief system, and in the Constitution it says:

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So making a Law that bans Same-Sex Marriage is against the constitution

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Oh, definitely a good watch. It has been one of my go to movies when feeling down. Plus an amazing cast (RIP Patrick Swayze).

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Have you looked in the "Drag Topic"? i mean if you like Drag Performances

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

Did you read any of the sources I cited in my first post? They have already moved on to actively preventing such defects from occuring.

I do not understand what you are talking about nature. I simply stated that it should be up to the parents to decide what birthdefects risks they are willing to take. By leveling out gestational chemicals to prevent ambiguous genitalia research and mathamatical models show subsequently homosexuality will also be prevented.

Bahahaha MATHS? So you are saying that MATHS is telling you that they have cured it?

Let me tell you something about real life; Genitalia is not sexuality. Birth defects are not sexuality. Maths has been wrong many times before...... All it takes is one wrongly entered variable to blow the whole theory.

And you forget one fly in the ointment of your 'cure' - twins. How is it that some who share the same womb at the same time grow up in pairs where one is gay and one is not?

ETA This theory is now sounding as stupid as this one

Gay is unhealthy. That is because the human body is designed to be Visually Bilaterally Symmetric, and homosexuality is strongly associated with Asymmetry of the body

One idiot's idea on why gay is wrong
edit on 6-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

How are Civil Unions different then? That provides you with all the same benefits of marriage without the actual religious intervention and these were being approved by states and voted on in many referendums. Civil Unions offered the same advantages as marriage and equal rights. That was the correct way to do it and make everyone happy, but this whole same-sex marriage thing isn't about marriage. It is something the far-left uses the gay community on to advance their agenda, to demonize the largest base of their political opposition, Christians, much like they use minorities with free stuff and inevitable poverty.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Religion is a Belief system, and in the Constitution it says:

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So making a Law that bans Same-Sex Marriage is against the constitution

Show me marriage anywhere in this BTW.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbstractDreamz

How are Civil Unions different then? That provides you with all the same benefits of marriage without the actual religious intervention and these were being approved by states and voted on in many referendums. Civil Unions offered the same advantages as marriage and equal rights. That was the correct way to do it and make everyone happy, but this whole same-sex marriage thing isn't about marriage. It is something the far-left uses the gay community on to advance their agenda, to demonize the largest base of their political opposition, Christians, much like they use minorities with free stuff and inevitable poverty.

They had civil union in NZ and I believe the UK before marriage. The thing is that the word marriage is everything. Call it something else and it becomes 'less' in the eyes of some. True equality means same word, same civil rights and same civil regulations.

Since the problem seems to come mainly from the church, people should re-term their marriages 'religious marriage' to promote the significance they feel God has in it all.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Because since Marriage is a Privilege as you can agree with, if you deny that same Privilege to Same-Sex couples it's against the Constitution

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;

So when states made laws that banned Same-Sex Marriage they were against the constitution...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Because since Marriage is a Privilege as you can agree with, if you deny that same Privilege to Same-Sex couples it's against the Constitution

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;

So when states made laws that banned Same-Sex Marriage they were against the constitution...

While I understand your argument and I am indifferent to same-sex relations, the federal government still has no right to trump a states rights and the 10th amendment. My argument is that it was done the wrong way, the SC made same-sex marriage an institutional right, which is completely wrong and something that traditional marriage isnt afforded. States and the majority have a right to vote on such issues and let the outcome become law, such as Civil Unions which were being approved by States. The SC decision and the marriage idea is again, a front to attack political parties and use a voting bloc to do so.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Do you understand that States were Breaking the laws of the constitution? so the Supreme Court ruled that they were breaking the constitution and thus the laws that banned Gay Marriages were overturned

so what i was asking before, do you believe the states have the right to not follow the constitution, so a State could Ban Religion or the lack of Religion?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

No the states weren't breaking the law, they provided a fix, that was denied. Show me in the Constitution were marriage is defined.
Let me ask you this, since you believe federal law trumps state law. Should every pot head in Colorado and California be arrested by federal agents? Because I am sure you are advocating that Federal trumps state, but you would be against these individuals being arrested by federal agents? On top of that, do you think those who deny providing services for gay marriages based on religious liberties should be subject to lawsuits as well? Do you believe that churches HAVE to provide services for gay marriages?

Two different obstacles since a compromise of Civil Unions could've been had but was avoided by the left....but it distinguishes the hypocrisy of the left on states rights vs federal laws.
edit on 7-7-2015 by AbstractDreamz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

May confuse you but most of us are fine with the definition of marriage.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No, i don't think Churches have to provide Services because they are a private non-profit business.

i don't think you understand, i'll try again.. Sates Made laws that banned Same-Sex Marriage, that is against the constitution, i've already showed you were it says that

Do you understand, the states made laws that banned Same-Sex marriage, that is against the constitution? all the Supreme Court did was say those laws are illegal against the Constitution and States couldn't enforce them, so now Same-Sex Marriage is legal

so you don't believe the States have to follow the constitution?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

No, i don't think Churches have to provide Services because they are a private non-profit business.

i don't think you understand, i'll try again.. Sates Made laws that banned Same-Sex Marriage, that is against the constitution, i've already showed you were it says that

Do you understand, the states made laws that banned Same-Sex marriage, that is against the constitution? all the Supreme Court did was say those laws are illegal against the Constitution and States couldn't enforce them, so now Same-Sex Marriage is legal

so you don't believe the States have to follow the constitution?

But you are missing my point...Marriage isn't in the Constitution therefor...
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Marriage is a privilege, not a right.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

So you did not read the sources I cited in my first post and all you want to do is beat up irrelevant strawmen.

As I pointed out the dis-function of a homosexual is that their body and mind are at dis-functional cross purposes. As shown in the facts that gay men have a brain structure more like a straight woman and gay women have a brain structure more like a straight man. MIR study results show this.

And as far as twins go I never said it was genetic but infact epic genetic markers that go array. Epi-markers explain how twings who shair the same genetic makeup can be exposed to different androgens due to their location in the womb.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Agreed and established in this conversation.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think people forget it is not just the usa whom have recognised marriage how it is now.
Heck Ireland voted for it.
I wonder why a brit made this video now and not last year when it became legal in the uk?.
Hit and run job by a coward btw.
Anyone who hides behind their religion to be a bigot is a coward.
edit on 7-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join