It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: akushla99
While all this americana politico is being discussed...the same trash, as in the OP is being regurgitated in parts of the world where it has not become legal (under different political systems)...and some where it already has, and is still rallied against using The little golden book, as reference material...so much for love...

Å99

And to you I raise a glass and give a standing ovation.

Love is all that this is about. Being able to express it freely and on the same terms as everyone else.

Simple, really...

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

You either seriously don't understand, or pretending you don't so you don't have to agree and you can keep repeating yourself

The supreme Court did not make Same-Sex Marriage a Right, they ruled that the states who created laws that made Same-Sex Marriage illegal was against the constitution, so the laws were overturned, now Same-Sex and Opposite-Sex Marriages are both privileged and legal. can you understand that?

So once again, the ruling is not Protecting Marriage as a right, it's saying that if Heterosexual couples have the Privilege than so do Same-Sex couples.. can you understand that?

You are also missing my point and not responding to how the left has used the gay rights movement as a tool to further ridicule Christians and to shut down any voice of dissent in an attempt to try and shut down voices to further their agenda.

Don't let blind ignorance lead you,, are you GLBTQ+? if not you don't have ground to speak about any agenda because not only is that a made up thing, it's ridiculous

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

GAY speaks to sexual orientation of 2 people, hence GAY marriage. It is the GAY part, the sex part, that is the foundation of the GAY marriage acceptance.

Nope! It is about two people of the same sex being LEGALLY recognized as FAMILY. That is all. The person wants to form a family unit with another person. That's all it is.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I LOVE that movie!!

(Priscilla Queen of the Desert).
In fact, whenever I see Darth_Prime's avy pop up, I think of it. And also, I think of Carlos, a guy I worked with (Hyatt was good about hiring diversity) - he was training me on how to run the 'regency club' (nothing but a breakfast bar for the people on the upper floors) -

the day I started training under him, he was filling out Barbie valentines (like the kind little girls use in early primary school) - for all of his coworker friends. We became friends, it was very easy. He used to bring me his sundresses when he got tired of them - and some lovely evening gowns as well. We were about the same size. It was delightful....Carlos himself was delightful.

I am glad to have known him, and been his friend. Never did get to see him in drag, but he had plenty of pictures he would proudly show to people.....
also, I have yet to see a live Les Girls show, and want to do that!!! Fun!!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

No were in the Constitution does it say anything about marriage, it does however say that all issues not related to the Constitution are subject to the 10th amendment and states rights.

Your argument is moot. The Supreme Court already ruled in Loving Vs Virginia that marriage is protected under the 14th Amendment and that states DON'T have the right to discriminate against anyone based on race, sex, religion etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Marriage was only advanced as a reason for the far left to dissent the voice of the Christian majority in the republican party as bigots and homophobic jerks.

Yes, and......

it worked!!
Suck it up. It shouldn't make one damn bit of difference to you if "Steve" gets to visit "Adam" in the hospital, or that they can live together happily and without assaultive, backward-thinking so-called "Christians" giving them a never-ending hard time.

If you don't want to look like a bigot and homophobic jerk, then don't act like one!!!
(That goes for ALL of you!)

So, let me ask you (ALL of you) this - when you die and 'get to the front of the line' at the 'pearly gates' - is it that important to you that your "paradise" must NOT have any gay people there?

Is THAT your problem? You're worried that you'll have to "tolerate" them in the afterlife AS WELL AS HERE?

What a self-serving bunch of crap. "Well, if we can't have apartheid here, at least in heaven we won't have to put up with them."

Anyway - I haven't seen "God" doing any smiting since last Friday. (Or ever, for that matter). You all are living a childish delusion, and what becomes of other people's 'souls' does NOT have any affect on your 'soul's' outcome. Selfish, bigoted, narrow-minded, mean, ugly, snobbish, elitist, and nasty ---- all words that come to mind.

And don't give them any of that crap about "Well, we love you and want your soul to be saved."
BullSH!t at its zenith.

For my part, I wish the Bible said that STUPID people are not allowed in 'heaven.' That would be far better. Because stupid can't be "fixed" anymore than gay can be "fixed."

[self edit]

"Act like an a-hole, get treated like an a-hole." That's one of my husband's favorite mottos.
And YES, I am 100% hetero. So is he.
edit on 7/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

How long did Ellen have her sitcom show afterward? Will and grace lasted a blink of an eye because it was then distasteful. None of the cast have steady careers now.

All because it was not accepted then.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nope its about to people of the same sex who couple, have sex, and society has accepted this due to political pressure.

This too shall pass.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yes: eventually you'll be dead.
Grow up and mind your own damn business. And Will & Grace lasted for 8 years. That's hardly the 'blink of an eye' in terms of entertainment.
You should be concerned about the Duggars and the idiot Duck Dynasty people, though.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: windword

How long did Ellen have her sitcom show afterward? Will and grace lasted a blink of an eye because it was then distasteful. None of the cast have steady careers now.

All because it was not accepted then.

You're living in a (hate filled) dream world!

Ellen's sitcom lasted 4 years, not bad, but nothing compared to her talk show, which has been on for 12 years, 5 days a week, for 1 hour a day. Not bad for someone who is not acceptable!

'Will & Grace' cast: Where are they now?

Here's some very successful unacceptable gay pop-culture...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What shall pass? acceptance of GLBTQ+ people?

you want to live in a society where people are not allowed to be themselves? where people get discriminated and killed because they don't fit in your Hetronormative world?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

May confuse you but most of us are fine with the definition of marriage.

Good to know you speak for most people and know what they think. Maybe you should go into law enforcement and become a detective, you know, solve all those cold cases, maybe figure out where a million children go missing a year. Something productive.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Fact is most people in the UK, USA, Ireland and many more do support gay marriage.
Sour grapes dude you reak of them.
You hate the fact it is now law and nothing you can do will change it.
So instead of being a smart ass bigot I suggest doing what Jesus would do.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Maybe you just didn't understand his language, it's confusing now

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Maybe I am over explaining things.

This link should simplify the information I am trying to get across.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

similarly to treatment of diabetes,cancer or schizophrenia. Prenatal hormone therapy may also be used to reduce the probability of homosexuality

And if you think that people want children with dis-functions than you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101
a reply to: markosity1973

Maybe I am over explaining things.

This link should simplify the information I am trying to get across.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

similarly to treatment of diabetes,cancer or schizophrenia. Prenatal hormone therapy may also be used to reduce the probability of homosexuality

And if you think that people want children with dis-functions than you have nothing to worry about.

What it seems you're 'trying to get across', is that love...is a disease...

Perhaps Prenatal hormone therapy could also 'cure' bigotry?

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

i mean Discrimination is Love now days right?

At this time I'd like to call everyone's attention to what the guy was saying in the first part of the video--that the same-sex marriage issue has been framed in civil rights language to deliberately distort the debate and present marriage as something it isn't.

I couldn't agree more.

Exactly. People are trying to say that marriage is the sole domain of Christianity and not only is that not the case presently, it was NEVER the case.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Oh wow!!!!!
I just watched The Birdcage. Believe it or not, I'd never seen it, and had no idea what it was about.

LOVED IT!!! Going to buy the DVD asap.

@Every Conservative Christian on this thread (and on this site):

WATCH IT.

The Birdcage.

One of the best movies ever. Ever.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Oh wow!!!!!
I just watched The Birdcage. Believe it or not, I'd never seen it, and had no idea what it was about.

LOVED IT!!! Going to buy the DVD asap.

@Every Conservative Christian on this thread (and on this site):

WATCH IT.

The Birdcage.

One of the best movies ever. Ever.

Original French 'La Cage aux Folles' is even better if you understand french. Brilliant script.

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Good to know you speak for most people and know what they think. Maybe you should go into law enforcement and become a detective, you know, solve all those cold cases, maybe figure out where a million children go missing a year. Something productive.

Cheers - Dave

Dave. Seriously. GOOD GAWD............

and you all wonder why you're losing ground.
Watch the movie The Birdcage. Get off your G-D high horse. And RELAX.

If that movie doesn't make you laugh at the absurdity of modern society, then nothing will. And if nothing will make you laugh, well, then -

it must suck to be you.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join