It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

There is no moral issue in allowing two consenting adults to have a romantic relationship. That's the difference between two homosexual adults and an adult with a child. You are deliberately refusing to grasp this differentiation.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

And there's is a differences between a pedophile and a child molester. no amounts of therapy is going to change sexual orientational development disorders.

The thing is, that the only way to prevent pedophilia is to prevent sexual orientational development disorder.

The most likely way to do so, given the evidence is to treate all at risk of sexual orientational development disorders.

Like when one has an infection, even though the exact infection is unknown the dr. will issue antibiotics that prevent all infections.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101
a reply to: markosity1973

And why should it not be considered a sexual orientational disorder, based on what we now know?
Is it because sex is involved?

You are a human being of the lowest order if you seriously think that my 'condition' is a disorder. A disorder is something that causes harm to the patient. The only thing about my sexuality that causes me harm is ignorant, beligerant attitudes like yours. You think it is your right to deny me (the next generation of me) the life natural breeding intended.

That makes you scum of the worst kind.

to prevent pedophila is to prevent sexual orientational disorders why is it wrong to prevent pedophila?

You completely ignored the priest example i gave you, brushing it off as illogical. There is not enough evidence to show that pedophilia is epigenetic. Most pedophiles were raped themselves as children.

You may think you are God, but you are not.
edit on 15-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

www.m.webmd.com...
Here we see the medical community labeling pedophila a "sexual orientation". The reason will be given in the new few links.
jamescantor.com...
Here we see physical differences in the brain of pedophiles and controls. Not unlike how homosexuals have a physically different brain of their hetrosexual counterparts.

www.cnn.com...
Here is a simplified resource with links to more complex data. Here we see that pedophila like homosexuality is congenital.

Here is a quick refresh on epi-markers. It is an older link but makes the point.
www.labnews.co.uk...
As you can see homosexuality is not the only disorder they can effect.

Your example of priests is as logically fallacious as your personal attacks. your logic there can go that since the male priests molested boys than homosexuals are pedophiles. That faulty logic has been used many times to show that homosexuals are pedophiles. And lets not forget that when the lgbt activism was starting out they were marching alongside nambla.

It could be argued that homosexuality does cause harm but that is not what defines a disorder.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Pedophili a erroneously classified as a sexual orientation in medical manual

DSM-5 Typo: Pedophilia Described as 'Sexual Orientation'

The phrase "sexual orientation" was used erroneously in the discussion section about pedophilia in the recently released fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5).

In a press release, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) notes that the correct terminology is "sexual interest" and that it will correct the error in the manual's electronic version and in the next print edition.

APA to correct manual: Pedophilia is not a ‘sexual orientation’

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You do realise that you control epigenetic markers are the heterosexual set. You claim that it is known and a 100% given that the 'abnormal' markers can be modified through basically playing with testoserone levels in the womb.

By knowing the mechanism and the process to change the markers one way, you can also do the reverse and make gaybies. Millions of them if we wanted.

But unlike you, I do not have a God complex. I firmly believe that nature should be let run it's course and no such thing should ever be attempted.

Homosexuality is nothing more that a standard variation in the curve we call life. Leave it alone and let it be what it is.

You state that it can be argued that homosexuality causes harm. I can also argue that heterosexuality causes harm. Heterosexuals are responsbile for all the wars and destruction in this world. If you are a rational, non religious person you will understand that the global population rate is growing to a point that in the next 10 - 50 years we will not be able to feed ourselves any more. Heterosexuals breed and are therefore driving the exponential population explosion. Homosexuals for the most part are not.

Homosexuals are not driving the destruction of our natural environment through overpopulation, but heterosexuals are.

edit on 15-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I am not citing the dsm(take another look at the links I provided). The DSM is not dictated strictly by science but by votes. And no amounts of votes or therapy will change pedophiles disfunction just like it did not changes homosexuals.

Just look at the removal of homosexuality from the dsm. The removal of homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or data set that brought this major change. Also noteworthy is the fact that the vote of the membership was by no means unanimous. Only about 55% of the members who voted favored the change. It was the simple reality that gay activist gained a voice and began to make themselves heard. The apa reacted with good reason. They realized that a protracted battle would have drawn increasing attention to the spurious nature of their entire studies. So they cut loose the gay community and forestalled any radical scrutiny of the dsm system. The overall point being that the apa taxonomy is nothing more than self-serving nonsense. Real illnesses are not cured by voting or by fiat, but by valid science and hard work.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I will say it one more time, harm is not what defines a disorder.
They are not at all "playing with testosterone levels"
Dr. new uses dexamethasone to level out androgens.

If you were to take an otherwise healthy mother and give her testosterone I do not know exactly what would happen but I would guess that she would possibly have a miscarriage.

Bringing androgens levels to healthy metrics is one thing. Violating the hippocratic oath is another.

edit on 15-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: dexamethasone

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

If your whole argument is curing Pedophiles, why do you keep mentioning Homosexuality? they are not the same, not even close and yet you try and equate them

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I will say it one more time, harm is not what defines a disorder.

The MEDICAL definiton of homosexuality

homosexuality [ho″mo-sek″shoo-al´ĭ-te]
sexual orientation toward or activity with persons of the same sex.

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

No mention of it being a disorder there anywhere.......

They are not at all "playing with testosterone levels"
Dr. new uses dexamethasone to level out androgens.

It could be Unicorn urine for all I care, The point is that you propose that homosexuality is a disorder, when the medical definition disagrees with you. You then propose screening and treatment to prevent something that is not a disorder. Unethical in the highest degree.

Bringing androgens levels to healthy metrics is one thing. Violating the hippocratic oath is another.

And here comes the God complex. Who are you or anyone else to say that epigenetic markers for homosexuality are in the unhealthy metric range? What gives you the right to deny someone of their sexuality as natural breeding would have had it be?

Definition of psychopath;

psychopath
a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc.

Your cold emotionless disregard for the right of a homosexual child to be born free from interference defines you as a psychopath in the true definition of the word.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Because they are the ones holding up the scientific research.
apparently their sexual interest are more important to protect than the safety of children.

Because what will prevent pedophila can aslo prevent homosexuality.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Pedophiles and Homosexuality have no merit to equate whatsoever, the more you keep comparing Homosexuality and Pedophilia the more your true agenda emerges

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Perhapse you should read my reply to markosity1973 on this page where I provided 4 irrefuted sources proving their connection.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

More personal attacks.

I once more point to pedophila being a "sexual orientation"
Perhapse you should look up the definition of disorder. While you are at it please look up dexamethasone.

What you fail to understand is that healthy levels of androgens do more than simply prevent disorders in the child. They also effect the parent. It is androgins that effect the mood and physical well being of the parent. The hippocratic oath is against playing god. As I said before bringing androgens levels to healthy metrics is one thing. Trying to cause errors in gestation (as well as potential serous harm to the parents physical and mental health) just to produced a homosexual is the only unethical and psychotic premise here.

Trying to raise androgens to erroneous levels goes against the hippocratic oath.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

There is no connection, Homosexuality is being attracted to the same Gender, not Children... how do you explain Heterosexual Pedophiles?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

More personal attacks.

I once more point to pedophila being a "sexual orientation"
Perhapse you should look up the definition of disorder. While you are at it please look up dexamethasone.

What you fail to understand is that healthy levels of androgens do more than simply prevent disorders in the child. They also effect the parent. It is androgins that effect the mood and physical well being of the parent. The hippocratic oath is against playing god. As I said before bringing androgens levels to healthy metrics is one thing. Trying to cause errors in gestation (as well as potential serous harm to the parents physical and mental health) just to produced a homosexual is the only unethical and psychotic premise here.

Trying to raise androgens to erroneous levels goes against the hippocratic oath.

What you fail to understand is that messing with androgens and changing natural sexuality is wrong.

There is nothing more to say on the subject. You believe that the hippocratic oath gives you the right to change what nature set in course.

I disagree.

A Doctor's role is to prevent and cure illness, not play God and make designer babies. This path you want to lead us down is the path where we lose our humanity. We are imperfect biological entities shaped by the natural forces around us. Tampering with that goes against millions of years of evolution and I will not stand for it.

ETA, you are so one track minded with your Androgens theory that you completely ignore the variable of environment. You've been given the example of a group where pedophiles are grossly over represented and you would still have us believe that it is a congenital condition.

Homosexuality is also quite likely partially environmental and you show a basic misunderstanding of the sliding scale of sexuality. It Is not just straight, gay and pedophiles in their own group to the side. Straight goes to gay with bisexual men right in the middle of the group.

All of this well documented knowledge flies in the face of sexuality being able to be corrected via androgens, because sexuality is not black and white to start with. You can post as many peer reviewed papers as you like, but you are looking at sun from 50 miles away through a 1/4 inch pipe. i,e, you're not seeing the complete picture by a long shot.
edit on 16-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

What you fail to understand is that healthy levels of androgens do more than simply prevent disorders in the child. They also effect the parent.

Thalidomide was supposed to help the parent too. Except it did horrible things to the baby in the womb.

Administering dexamethasone is also mutating the foetus. Changing its sexuality is wrong. Defining homosexuality as a sexual disorder is also wrong.Homosexuality is not a disorder or a dysfunction. We are adults who consciously know what we are doing with our sexuality and to be perfectly frank we bloody well enjoy it too. You have no right to take that away from the future generations.

If within the womb I was given the choice between homosexuality and heterosexuality, I would choose homosexuality hands down. Being infertile is far more disruptive than homosexuality will ever be.

Get it yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join