It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Christians?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye

Feel free to tell me all about your religion. People often do. I even (sometimes) listen to the ubiquitous JWs when they come around.

Well, I may be docked points for this short reply, but what's a JWs?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Jehovah' s Witness'
door to door preaching at its worst.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Jehovah' s Witness'

Not if you answer the door

Naked

Armed

Let your Rottwieller answer it

OR all of the above

Its not nice to wake me up on the weekends.....LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
I don't think anyone is out to bash Christians per se' just trying to get
to the truth, through extra biblical research, something a lot of christians
can't seem to grasp for some reason.

This has always perplexed me! Why do Christains not want to know the truth? To find the truth out through researching things like the original biblical writings...by reading the original meanings of the words and texts and other writings from that same time, ancient writings and writings that are ancient to the ancient writings!

Why do todays bible toting Christians seemd to deny the findings of these things? Why do they not want to know and embrace the truth of the studying and the understanding of archeological findings and scientific facts?

It seems to me that they would use this type of evidence as a form of glorifying God! Of exulting him! And the seeking in and of its self as a form of praise.

What about the Sumerian texts? Ever read the similarities in that and the bible? It is ancient texts...set in Mesopotamia..ancient babylon, todays Iraq! It has stories of Abraham and others some known by other names such as Noah as Gilgamesh. even a tower of babal story! It was a ziggurat! There are other things, too. For example the word Elohim...it is pleural. Do a word serach on it. "Let ELohim make man in OUR image." right from Genesis...expain that. It is a pleural word in its original form and there is no other was to transcribe it. An original message. "Let US (Elohim) make man in OUR image." In the Sumerian text the word Elohim means "those who from heaven to earth came."

I believe that the english bible most Christians in this country use today has been transliterated from the original texts so many times that it has lost some of it's true meaning. Think about that...seriously think about it. If a true meaning has been lost then people could be practicing false beliefs! That is a very disturbing thought...that and realizing that these misled people are the people who most likely elected the president of this country. So get educated, all! Seek the truth in everything. I don't know about anyone else but I do not want to be found practising a false belief when my number is up!

Knowledge is power. Mankind has always searched for the Truth...always. We have also always sought the "other" ....other than us.

I don't think that most of the people on here are out to bash Christians.

But, I do think that most of the people on here are out to find the truth...and to reveal and share it with the world. To deny ignorance!

Sorry for the long post! I just couldn't help myself.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
Do US schools really not teach about religions? They do here in the UK...I haven't lived in the States for 22 years, graduated HS in 77, seem to recall covering religious issues. (Those years are admittedly a little hazy...)

I don't agree that not teaching religion = teaching atheism.

There are plenty of sources of religious information; I can't believe anyone wouldn't know how to find out, if they were interested.

Isn't aethism a lack of religion or belief in God... the only way to teach it is to completely not even bring up God and say this was how it was done instead of saying a God may have been a part of this. No the U.S. Public Schools are not allowed to teach religion that is until you get into College. It may be a very small unknown elective in highschool too, but its one of those things where you are forced basically to take other classes instead.

This is to the other poster who asked me if i remember reading about how Jesus said that this was the way it was going to be and why should i question it. I'm not questioning that, i'm just wondering why the people here do this, i didn't say world wide.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, I got fed up with the whole believe this or I kill you so i left christianity and made my own religon, The Pebble People. You can't prove they don't exist, so they exist.(Using christian logic)

Anyways, it isn't christianity, it the idiots who go out and say you gay? You going to hell. Or if in the bible belt/Confederate States/republican states they go out and say you gay? Then burn your house down with you inside it.

I swear, I never had a jew come up to me and say I was going to hell for believeing in facts, reality, science, things that are real. Same with mauslims or hindus. It only seems to be christians who go out and say killing is wrong, abortion is wrong, then blow up an entire hospital killing everyone because one room did abortions. Also, the history of christianity, all in inquisitions, the slaughter of the indians, crusades, trials, no witches ever did that. Also, christianity is 2000 years old, Judiasm is a hell of alot older, also, well, christians can't believe it since the earth is only 6,000 years old, but Witch craft, now known as Wicca, is between 28,000-35,000 years old. Of course, they can't be that old, earth only 6,000 years old. What a riot, proof it isn't, but they still believe it. Oh yeah, people have a problem with ignorance. They don't like to teach others that masturbation leads to blindness and pregnancy. Or that you can get aids from tears and toilet seats. Or the earth is 6,000 years old and Adam and Eve happened, Noahs ark.... all the other bs that, get this, in the real world can't happen. You know, scientifically anyways, but hey, use faith, anything possible. Aliens from Uranus have played with my anus, I have faith so it must have happened.

And the reason any question, facts, logic, reality is a attack on christianity is because if you use facts, logic, reality, and question the bs in the bible the religon falls apart. At least witches don't have a book that can be questioned. Pebble People come from Wicca, the whole do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
hi
no offense intended but i think that organized religion has about run its' course. The Inquistion, Crusades and various other insundry fun times is about over. There is time for a new age and a new spirituality which IMHO does NOT include any of the organized religions that are around today. People are more educated, more literate and not as easily manipulated and controlled. People like to think for themselves and organized religion doesn't allow for this. So to answer your question Christianity and the others are about dead....... nothing personal. have a good life and use the noodle on top of your head to do your own thinking. Crutches are for the sick and lame. g man joe

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by guadalupejoe
hi
no offense intended but i think that organized religion has about run its' course. The Inquistion, Crusades and various other insundry fun times is about over. There is time for a new age and a new spirituality which IMHO does NOT include any of the organized religions that are around today. People are more educated, more literate and not as easily manipulated and controlled. People like to think for themselves and organized religion doesn't allow for this. So to answer your question Christianity and the others are about dead....... nothing personal. have a good life and use the noodle on top of your head to do your own thinking. Crutches are for the sick and lame. g man joe

YES! That's about sums it up for me. I have a huge problem with people telling me what/who I should believe in when it comes to spirituality. I have a personal relationship with God - nobody else needs to know about it or should have an opinion on it. This is what I believe "religion" is really about...its about your personal relationship with your God (whoever you may believe he/she/it is) and about your right to not be brow-beaten into believing someone else's packaged-in-a-box-religion.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Jehovah' s Witness'

Naked

A good friend of mine did this just last weekend as it was the 8th weekend in a row that the JWs had knocked on his door at 7:30am!! He just walked to the door starkers and opened the door for the JWs (man, woman and children).

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Jehovah' s Witness'

Naked

A good friend of mine did this just last weekend as it was the 8th weekend in a row that the JWs had knocked on his door at 7:30am!! He just walked to the door starkers and opened the door for the JWs.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Speaking of going to the door starkers, here is a very funny story written by a dear friend of mine. He is eccentric, to say the least, as you can tell from the story. This is a TRUE story, yes even the uniciorns are real. My friend researched and found out how unicorns were originally bred and so he bred 4 of them.

So click on the linky:
geocities.com/Athens/Bridge/1831/zell.html

and read all about the day the JW's came to this guy's door and encountererd not only he and his wife, starkers, but also his OTHER WIFE was, too. I told you he was eccentric.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
A good friend of mine did this just last weekend as it was the 8th weekend in a row that the JWs had knocked on his door at 7:30am!! He just walked to the door starkers and opened the door for the JWs.

That's epic. Hey, it's the way God made ya right?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A famous comedian (I Think, though I can't remember his name) said on his 10 Things it took me Forty Years to Learn list said:'
Most people who want to discuss their religious views with you often do not want you to discuss your views with them'

Now I'm an agnostic and I have no problem with Christians, being friends with quite a few

However I'm quite opposed to the Christians/atheists who believe it is their right to convert me to their religion/beliefs, either by throwing Biblical verses or 'logic' at me.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't hate Christians,not at all. As a matter of fact,I love them. However, I don't have much use for the Institutuion of Christianity because of its history.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't hate Christians but I hate how the Bible is misinterrpreted and they become a mass of sheep.

/7A

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i don't hate christians, i hate what they believe. 2 of my 3 closest friends are christians (#3 is jewish) and we even have discussions about their religion.

why is it that i can hate your politics, your economics, your views on child-rearing, your favorite sporting team, and all of your other views but not your religion?

hell, your politics and economics are even something i can argue with you over because they have a factual basis, but your religion is purely opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

And the reason any question, facts, logic, reality is a attack on christianity is because if you use facts, logic, reality, and question the bs in the bible the religon falls apart. At least witches don't have a book that can be questioned. Pebble People come from Wicca, the whole do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

You seem confused. Facts and logic prove the Bible. Have you ever even read it?

The Bible is a book of facts. The question is do you have the faith to believe the facts. If you want to prove the existence of God, it is possible. All you have to do is follow the Bibical blueprint.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
You seem confused. Facts and logic prove the Bible. Have you ever even read it?

i've read the bible, 2 1/2 times, facts and logic disprove the bible. just look at genesis, the bible is wrong with the creation stories.

also, the whole geocentric statement of the sun stoping in the sky, that was blown out of the water by copernican astronomy.

The Bible is a book of facts. The question is do you have the faith to believe the facts. If you want to prove the existence of God, it is possible. All you have to do is follow the Bibical blueprint.

you don't need faith to believe in facts

i challenge you to start a thread and prove to us that god exists

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i've read the bible, 2 1/2 times, facts and logic disprove the bible. just look at genesis, the bible is wrong with the creation stories.

i challenge you to start a thread and prove to us that god exists

God has challenged you to prove he exists. I can't prove to you what must be proved by you.

What problem do you have in Genesis?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
God has challenged you to prove he exists. I can't prove to you what must be proved by you.

awfully convenient. but if something exists, anyone with sufficient knowledge (in this case you'd have sufficient knowledge) would be able to prove it to me.

What problem do you have in Genesis?

there are two creation stories, both conflict with science.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join