It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Christians?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Why would you fight back? Because you fear those who hold power over you before death, and none after. If you were a true believer, you would not fear those who only have power over you before death, you would fear that which has the power after death, and you would not break a commandment for any reason - just as Jesus didn't

Slybb didn't say kill he said pick up your sword which means prayers.

Our sword is prayers which produce grace.

Now fear is a human condition badmedia, and st Peter feared as well, but God did that to show him he needed Gods strength and grace to die, and so it's a way to humble the soul out.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
well. God exists or not, heaven exists or not, bible is words of God or not, we'll find out when we all die. long way to gooo.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think that it is wrong to hate christians. The same way it is wrong to hate someone that has a flu. The christians simply has gotten a virus of the mind. Most of them was smitten when they were to young to understand by their parents. And they can't get rid of the fear of their god.
But we really should protect the next generation from the contagious people of today. How to stop parents from infesting their young with their delusions is a tought question.

/matte

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Jesus was murdered by man.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
......Trying to prove the validity of a religion is not hurting it

Very true -why should the 'truth' fear objective free enquiry?

Why should one people's set of opinions get 'special treatment' by others not being allowed to criticise them or test their validity in any way?

'Hiding behind religion' should not afford anyone any special privileges.

Why is it, when any relgion is questioned or researched it's called an attack?

I think it has more to do with insecurity and 'courting victimhood' than anything else.

This cartoon sums it up quite well:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't dislike the Christian himself, I just greatly dislike Christianity as a whole. I am an atheist. It slightly annoys me, however, when atheists hold disdain against all religions. I am very supportive of Hinduism, Buddhism, Taosim, Paganism, and Wiccan beliefs.

Christianity and Islam are the only ones I actually have contempt for. In fact, I am actually considering becoming an atheist missionary and spreading atheism, faith in mankind, etc... I have a somewhat detailed plan of what I'd like to do, but on the whole it's vague. I will likely lose the drive to complete this as I have a something I passionately love in plan for the future. It's more of a back-up plan, really...

I have many reasons for disliking Christianity. The list would be huge. However, I do not necessarily dislike the Christian himself. I have actually met a fair number of nice Christians. I believe I have met 2 people who profess Islamic faith, but I'm not sure...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

One of my major issues with "certain" christians as I have experienced recently in college, is when they try and judge you on certain things you do/like such as music etc and say that it is a SIN to be who you are. I have nothing againest christians but I really don't appreciate them trying to shove their beliefs down my throat, I just wanna be myself and be comfortable with who I am.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticshadow

If christianity wouldnt tell people to believe in it or die then maybe people would not be against it.

Good point, believe in god or burn in hell for eternity seems to be how they pursuade people. I think people should find thier religions, not be scared into them.

And it's not Christian, because there's no love in it, since love to be love must be free, and so it's a violation of the spirit of Christ to say, believe or be condemned, what a disgrace, what an outrage, it's like the work of the devil!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

I think a lot of people dislike and/or hate Christians...is because...there are a lot of people who claim to be Christians...and hide in the Christian Churches....and they are perverts....and even if a lot of the Christians aren't perverts...they don't seem to be smart enough to know...those in their congregation that are perverts...and get rid of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

as soon as you step foot in a church someone wants to stick a dick in you and wants your money: Eddie Griffin

tthat pretty much sums up your stupid christianity

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

That's exactly why I've chosen to believe in God as a loving God, despite what hate men will always have for each other. Christians are just like anyone else; imperfect. Christianity teaches us to love ALWAYS. Despite what enemies we have--there are no exceptions. It says in the bible, 1 Corinthians 13:

"1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. "

Jesus was asked what the most important commandment was. Jesus' response was this in Matthew 22:36-40 (NIV) :

"36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

When we love each other as we do ourselves, many of the sins that we commit would be hard to do--pain and sadness would no longer be as prominent in the world. WE do all of this for the glory of God. God is love.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mariuss

There are several Christian organizations outside of church that help to support all kinds of different people around the world. For things like: diseases, clean water, food...etc. Many churches raise money for those organizations or even small organizations of their own. All for the betterment of other people's lives!

Think a minute about what you say before you say it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

That is probably ONE of the many reasons that people distrust Christians. But why blame an entire religion on a few individuals? There are child molesters and perverts outside of the church who aren't even Christian. Christian or not, we all are still disgusting, unworthy sinners. But that is why there is the mercy of God (Jesus), to help cleanse those who truly want to be cleansed. Christianity still teaches that we are to love our neighbors as we would love ourselves. God is a loving God, a God that created us all out of love. If we choose (by our own free will) to go against God's commandments (which were set there to protect our heart and souls), then we can only blame ourselves. Thankfully, God will forgive us if we choose to repent of our ways (which is essentially anything done in the absence of love). It's impossible to understand fully until you seek a relationship out with God. Reading the bible is a great start, but also, prayer and an open heart to hear Him speak to you will change your life. I am not trying to preach at you, and you are going to do whatever you want with what I've written here, but I just want to encourage you to seek the most perfect love you will ever be able to have/need in God. I hope you would consider it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PoisonousSynphony

I'm sorry you've come across Christians like that. They are wrong in their approach.

God loves you for who you are. I think that if your heart was meant to follow Him, you'd easily see what love He has for you, and what love you have for Him. God created commandments as a way to protect our very beings. We were given free will (just like the free will to listen to whatever music we like) but if it's something that is detrimental to our very heart or will hurt us spiritually, God wouldn't condone it. Christians aren't perfect, and never will be, but God's love is. Once you understand God's love (which you can only understand by seeking a personal relationship with Him) will you understand why those Christians are fighting so hard to make you see. Their approach is wrong and isn't representing the love that God has for each and every person on the planet.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Actually, much evidence exists that supports biblical history. While I'm sure that some evolutionary ideas, theories, and such is compelling and intriguing, there's still much biblical-based findings as well. I'm going to ascertain that you've searched your Darwinism/evolutionary concepts much more vigorously than you have biblical evidence, simply because your interest in it is more prominent. But you should consider the facts before you are quick to decide. I believe there are many concepts in evolution that require a little faith to believe in just as there is Christianity. It's just a matter of what it does for you on a spiritual level. Have you ever heard of apologetics?

Apologetics: (from Greek ἀπολογία, "speaking in defense") is the discipline of defending a position (often religious) through the systematic use of reason. Early Christian writers (c. 120-220) who defended their faith against critics and recommended their faith to outsiders were called apologists.[1]

Here's a Christian website entirely apologetic-based, defending my Christian beliefs:

carm.org...

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join