It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Christians?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Basically i am referring to the ones on this board... It seems that the majority of the people on this board tend to want to soley focus in on Christianity to try and destroy it. Sure, not everything is correct, the bible wasnt in the hands of the least corrupt when it was written, and it was written by man. But some people on this board, such as someone like Amadeus, are out to soley try and disprove, or bash Christians. It is getting old and ridiculous. Listen i dont care if you dont want to believe that Jesus was the savior, and God, but the question is why do you choose to fight those who say that he is. You dont focus in on Islam, the religion that has parts that could be interpretted as preaching terrorism, instead you attack christianity, and some people even try to say its God's fault that man went on the crusades, when that is obviously a lie. I am just so sick of you people pulling this crap. I will tell you what, anyone who can read Isiah, then read the Gospel, and still NOT be convinced that there is a God, and that Jesus was the Messiah, is lying to themselves. No matter WHAT religion you are. Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Aethist, Budhist, ANY form, i promise.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

It seems that the majority of the people on this board tend to want to soley focus in on Christianity to try and destroy it

I think Christianity is doing a good job of destroying itself.

But some people on this board, such as someone like Amadeus, are out to soley try and disprove, or bash Christians.

I don't think anyone is out to bash Christians per se' just trying to get
to the truth, through extra biblical research, something a lot of christians
can't seem to grasp for some reason.

I will tell you what, anyone who can read Isiah, then read the Gospel, and still NOT be convinced that there is a God, and that Jesus was the Messiah, is lying to themselves. No matter WHAT religion you are.

I think they call that circular thinking.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It might have something to do with the fact that most of the religions, christianity at top, have caused lot of grief, war, killing in the name of god And everything else what bible teaches. So it�s better to be atheist and peacefull than kill in the name of god, bush whatever..
-ap

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I will tell you what, anyone who can read Isiah, then read the Gospel, and still NOT be convinced...

This is the basic point that some people can't seem to grasp: you can't argue the validity of christianity by quoting the bible!!! This is a "Begging the Question" (Petitio Principii) fallacy, a type of circular fallacy that takes the form of arguments or other statements that simply assume or re-state their own truth rather than providing relevant evidence and logical arguments.

I simply don't believe that the bible is the word of god; if you want to convince me otherwise you'll have do something other than re-quote the bible.

And your comment about board members trying to "destroy" christianity aren't even worth responding to...

Sep

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Ryanp5555

It is sad when people try to hurt a religion. I have not seen many of it, but if it is happening as you say (not doubting your words) it is very disgusting. That being said it is sad, that while you try to stop people from attacking a religion, you, in the same respose attack a religion yourself. Attacking a religion or belief (no matter what it is) is truely disgusting and wrong.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   

It is sad when people try to hurt a religion.

......Trying to prove the validity of a religion is not hurting it

That being said it is sad, that while you try to stop people from attacking a religion, you, in the same respose attack a religion yourself. Attacking a religion or belief (no matter what it is) is truely disgusting and wrong.

Why is it, when any relgion is questioned or researched it's called an attack?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye

I simply don't believe that the bible is the word of god; if you want to convince me otherwise you'll have do something other than re-quote the bible.

If your willing to take the time to read up on theomatics, maybe you will learn the truth of the bible.
www.theomatics.com...

Sep

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
......Trying to prove the validity of a religion is not hurting it

I was refering to the post that I quoted. It said people were trying to "destroy" Christianity, and that to me is hurting a religion. I sid in the post that I had not read people attacking Christianity but I was willing to take the authors word for it.

Why is it, when any relgion is questioned or researched it's called an attack?

If a religion is researched and there is undeniable proof that it is wrong then a person is allowed to express his research in a civil manner. Questioning or researching a religion is not an attack, but disrespecting a religion is.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hi Ycon, just went to the link that you provided and it looks like there
is a bit to get through, which i will eventually.
One thing that does concern me about the site though it this paragraph
here:

It should be pointed out that it is impossible to scientifically prove the existence of God (God cannot be placed in a test tube and analyzed in the laboratory, obviously). The existence of God must be accepted by faith alone. The best that theomatics can tell us is that the mind of man could not have orchestrated and written the Bible. That being true, the only possible conclusion is that "God" must indeed exist. What other possibility is there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the existence of god must be accepted by
faith alone, then whats the point of theomatics or any other scientific
research, however I will go back and read through the site you provided

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
If your willing to take the time to read up on theomatics, maybe you will learn the truth of the bible.
www.theomatics.com...

I've had a look at the website...I can't claim to have studied it fully, but it's already failing to make much sense to me. For example:

"As it was shown on a previous page, the name for Jesus in Greek has a numerical value of 888. If you cut 888 in half, it comes out to 444. If you cut 444 in half, the number is 222. And half of 222 is the number 111. This number 111 is very predominant in reference to Jesus. "

Why cut the original number in half three times?

Also, the site (glibly, imho) states that ONLY the bible contains such "codes"; but is that an actual fact? Has anyone actually examined Gone with the Wind, The Grapes of Wrath, A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, or the user's manual to my new washing machine? It could well be that repeating patterns can be found in any text, if you look hard enough.

Finally, even if it's all true, it's another logical fallacy to claim that if such codes exist, they must have been put there by god. Sorry, but it just doesn't wash...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I was refering to the post that I quoted. It said people were trying to "destroy" Christianity, and that to me is hurting a religion. I sid in the post that I had not read people attacking Christianity but I was willing to take the authors word for it.

Sep Sorry I didn't mean to mix your post with the original thread
, but by saying that your willing to take the authors word for it, kind
of says it all.

Questioning or researching a religion is not an attack, but disrespecting a religion is.

Who said anything about disrespect??

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
But some people on this board, such as someone like Amadeus, are out to soley try and disprove, or bash Christians. It is getting old and ridiculous.

So.. you don't think christians telling me that I'm going to burn in a lake of fire because I believe in evolution is a bit ridiculous? This has happened several times here.. and i haven't been here that long. In contrast.. I have NOT seen athiests spewing the same condemnation and abuse.. they have [mostly] only provided requested information to back things like evolution.. then some have tantrums because they were not able to convert all the lost sheep into believing the earth is only 6000 years old.
I've also been told that I [and others] must be morally bunkrupt for not believing in god.. who's bashing who? The 'persecuted christian' card gets a bit old when there are christians doing the persecuting.
edit. I do admit there are christians here who practice what they preach and don't condemn others from not sharing their faith.. I respect those who stand by their princibles.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by riley]

JAK

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Why do people hate Christians?

Any such blanket hatred of a people is true ignorance. One of the things that really brought that home to me recently was all the politics that filled ATS during the recent US elections. There were heated debates and strong opinions some with which I agreed, some I didn't.

More than that though there were some I just could not comprehend, that were in their detail totally alien to my understanding. While it was interesting to read them though, it was even more interesting to note the authors and realise that many of the people who held such views were ones whom, because of their posts before I even knew their political leanings, I held a deep respect for.

Perhaps, to my shame, if I had known the political leanings of some it would have coloured my view of them and denied me the opportunity that I had. Namely to hear their ideas with such clarity. I honestly did not believe that there were those more conservative people out there who actually genuinely care and believe that they were or are doing the right thing. I thought that they were all just blinkered, selfish partisans.

It is thanks to ATS then that this ignorance of mine has been denied, and it is with that lesson in mind that I offer the opening sentence of this post.

Jack

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye

Originally posted by Ycon
www.theomatics.com...

I've had a look at the website...I can't claim to have studied it fully, but it's already failing to make much sense to me. For example:

"As it was shown on a previous page, the name for Jesus in Greek has a numerical value of 888. If you cut 888 in half, it comes out to 444. If you cut 444 in half, the number is 222. And half of 222 is the number 111. This number 111 is very predominant in reference to Jesus. "

Why cut the original number in half three times?

Also, the site (glibly, imho) states that ONLY the bible contains such "codes"; but is that an actual fact? Has anyone actually examined Gone with the Wind, The Grapes of Wrath, A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, or the user's manual to my new washing machine? It could well be that repeating patterns can be found in any text, if you look hard enough.

Finally, even if it's all true, it's another logical fallacy to claim that if such codes exist, they must have been put there by god. Sorry, but it just doesn't wash...

theomatics deals in multiples and clusters, if you go to the examples on that site, you will find that all verses in the bible that deal with the birth of jesus can be broke down to multiples of 111.

I dont think you would be able to find much in other books. Theomatics doesn't happen by chance.

If you continue studying theomatics, you will see that it wasn't done by man.

Sep

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Sep Sorry I didn't mean to mix your post with the original thread
, but by saying that your willing to take the authors word for it, kind
of says it all.

I have seen the disrespect for other religions many times so it doesnt sound too crazy when someone says their religion is being disrespected.

Who said anything about disrespect??

The first author said some people were "out to soley try and disprove, or bash Christians" I said that is wrong, you said : "Why is it, when any relgion is questioned or researched it's called an attack? " I said that questioning a religion after reaserching it is not wrong but disrespecting it, something that the first author claimed was happening, was wrong. Sorry if I lost you.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Hi Ycon, just went to the link that you provided and it looks like there
is a bit to get through, which i will eventually.
One thing that does concern me about the site though it this paragraph
here:

It should be pointed out that it is impossible to scientifically prove the existence of God (God cannot be placed in a test tube and analyzed in the laboratory, obviously). The existence of God must be accepted by faith alone. The best that theomatics can tell us is that the mind of man could not have orchestrated and written the Bible. That being true, the only possible conclusion is that "God" must indeed exist. What other possibility is there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the existence of god must be accepted by
faith alone, then whats the point of theomatics or any other scientific
research, however I will go back and read through the site you provided

Faith is very important because like he said, we can not put god under a microscope. Theomatics is a code which shows us that someone besides man had their hand in the bible. We can't always prove things but between faith, are own personal signs and miracles plus our studies on the bible and theomatics, our faith becomes stronger.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
i dont think that it is a hate thing, i think that prehaps people that are neither religious nor christians, that they find it hard to comprehend why people are. i sure do, i have no idea why people go on about a relationship with god, visions of god, the bible is the word of god etc. i think it's the fact that christianity is spreading through people like a slow disease, teaching something that isn't there.

quote: ''I will tell you what, anyone who can read Isiah, then read the Gospel, and still NOT be convinced''...

so you base your beliefs on the fact that isiah made some predictions and they apparently came true? that's why you believe in god...your having a laugh aren't you. the gospels written after isiah (matthew, mark, luke and john), were written by people that never even met jesus. they are not even put in to the bible in the order of history, when they were wrote. luke was the first to be written by paul (founder of christianity), then along came the matthew version which copied in some parts directly from luke. next was the mark version that took parts from both the books before that one. finaly the book john came. all four books contradict with each other on many different subjects like the crucifixtion. this is because the four gospels were written by four different people, who never met jesus. they were also written to make the predictions made in isiah to look more perfect, however in one of the gospels you won't even find the birth of jesus...it merely picks up in his hometown. without paul who wrote most of the new testament, all you would have is a cult that jesus and john the baptist were promoting. jesus died from crucifxtion and john the baptist was decapitated...that's punishment for doing your god's work. many christians think that the four gospels are eye witness accounts and even written by some of jesus' desciples, when they are actualy quite the opposite.
this is why people do not like christianity because most of people don't even know the history of their religion let alone how the bible was put together. if you get all the info on the history, corruption, editing or your religion/bible and you can still believe...then all you would have is 'faith'.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

But some people on this board, such as someone like Amadeus, are out to soley try and disprove, or bash Christians. It is getting old and ridiculous.

So.. you don't think christians telling me that I'm going to burn in a lake of fire because I believe in evolution is a bit ridiculous? This has happened several times here.. and i haven't been here that long. In contrast.. I have NOT seen athiests spewing the same condemnation and abuse.. they have [mostly] only provided requested information to back things like evolution.. then some have tantrums because they were not able to convert all the lost sheep into believing the earth is only 6000 years old.
I've also been told that I [and others] must be morally bunkrupt for not believing in god.. who's bashing who? The 'persecuted christian' card gets a bit old when there are christians doing the persecuting.
edit. I do admit there are christians here who practice what they preach and don't condemn others from not sharing their faith.. I respect those who stand by their princibles.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by riley]

I dont know what christians youve been talkin 2 but people arent supposed to tell others to go to hell. Thats Gods decision. I cant believe there are people who dont believe in evolution. I just think of it as Gods way of creating things.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Croat56]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Basically i am referring to the ones on this board...

Although the motto of ATS is 'Deny Ignorance' there are many people on ATS who are too ignorant and self centred to admit there is a possibility that they could be wrong.
People can say look what the evil 'Christian' Bush has done in Iraq, people forget that each religion is split into two factions:
Moderate
and
Extremist
People always see the worst actions of a religion, they never look at the good and kind things that are achieved through it.

So in future, DENY IGNORANCE and look at the possibilities.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You must not be a Christian if you ask that question.

Our Savior told us that we would be hated, just as He was hated. Notice the lies and the twisting of facts, while the ignoring of the real threats. And, notice that they attack only Christianity and all the while claim to only be going for the "truth".

Fact of the matter is, humans are rebellious, Christians are a nagging reminder of the One the rebel against; the One who died for their sins. Attack the Christians, rid the world of them and there will be no more reminder.

Patience, we'll be gone soon enough, and the rest of the world will be free to raise all the Hell they wish to raise - and then some.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join