It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Christians?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yet another reason why people have problems with "christianity"....

Parents Protest The Enrolment Of Gay Couples Children In Church School

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Blasted! Can thee walk on water? or do you sink to the bottom? Aye, matey, the truth you are in search of about the bible. You have to answer tho questions yourself on a long journey that will confuse many of what to believe. Quest that some take will can not be sure if it is the truth, the whole truth. Good luck to ya on your voyage and God speed.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
[edit on 31-12-2004 by Thinker]

Hehe...so now along with hating other religions, Christians hate secularism, feminism and rock music. Interesting how you mention that the serbs and spanish kept islam out of europe. From what I heard, muslims were well settled in spain along with christians and jews, writing books, learning, gaining knowledge, when the Archbishop (not sure about the terminology) endorsed by the queen attacked and burnt entire libraries of books and murdered hundreds of muslims, razed entire villages, women, children and all. What knowledge we have now of Math, Science, etc., is largely based on the surviving books.
I'd be interested to know how "Islam is not on the same level as Christianity".
I don't hate Christians. As you say, there is nothing to hate about people with "true Christian spirit". I just hate Ignorance and Ignorant hatred.

[edit on 31/12/04 by babloyi]

1.) It's not their #ing land.
2.) They are occuipor's and thiefs
3.) They killed the many spainish soilders and citzrens
4.) Most like raped a few spainsh women.
5.) They #ing deserved it.

Yeah, i want to see a theif enter you house, kill you for defending it, rape your wife and then setup his #ing lame libarary of the koran which teaches society become #ng terrorists.

Alfonso XI began the fight for Granada in 1312. It was to last for 25 years. He defeated Spanish and Moroccan Muslims in the battle for Rio Salado and ended the African threat. It was to be the most significant battle of the Reconquest.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Thinker]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by Thinker
I suspect the anti- christ will use these secularists, to hunt down future christians in the coming war's. Kepp the propandga up,...christians bad, they burned a few witches and want to reduce your freedom. destroy them teh anti-christ states.

Just a few witches? You're trivialising genocide. So people being persecuted for being pagen isn't that serious to you? Even the pope apologised for the trials.. even if you think the info I provided isn't credible.. surely you can take his word for it.
www.witchway.net...
17,000+ killed in Scotland from 1563 to 1603
70,000 killed in England after 1573
40,000 executed between 1600-1680 in Great Britain
22,000 executed in Bamberg, Germany 1610-1840
30,000 burned by the Inquisition
300+ killed in South Africa between 1986 and 1996
100+ killed in Indonesia, 1998

It is very moral book, the most moral book i've ever read.

Last I read it the old testimant had not changed.. it promotes 'evil'.. but then again everyone has different ideas on what moral means.

I THINK WHAT SECULARS HATE IS THAT CHRISTIANS TRUST IN JESUS. SONE HOW SUB-CONIUSLY THEY ARE ALLIED WITH EVIL.

I'm an athiest/buddhist.. are you saying that I'm subconciously evil?!
I thought Jesus said judge not etc?

MAKE UP ALL BASELESS CLAIMS ON HOW CHRISTANITY CAUSES SO MANY WARS. MAKE UP ALL BASELESS CLAIMS ON HOW CHRISTANITY CAUSES SO MANY WARS.

What.. is the term 'holy war' propaganda too?
www.geocities.com...
Whilst on your quest for truth.. I suggest you view the sites with an objective mind.

Well The american government, secularists which you follow, killed 1.5 million vietnamese in 20 years. Christians not so bad anymore. Secularism bad.

Oh and 1 Million babies are killed every year in abortions, thats mabe up to 26 million now in 26 years. Oh americanism, secularism, and freedom is so good!!!!. compared to like 100,000 dead witches..

This what i mean about america, when it hates some it attacks it. But it turns a blind to what it has done. 27 Million people killed in 20 years of population control. Then go get 100,000 dead witches. Which were not dumped at the back of the abortion clinics.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I am sorry, thinker, but you got it wrong. The Arabs were spreading their religion back then, and it caught up in Spain. The rulers accepted it as the religion. There was no violence. Besides, there were not such strict divisions back then. They killed no citizens or women at all. The killing came when the Archbishop sent armies to completely WIPE OUT the muslim villages. I am sure the few muslims who could, put up a fight and "killed many spanish soldiers". About the raping. Well, you got it backwards. Any muslim woman who did not convert was raped.
About setting up "library of koran", like I said, it wasn't only korans. Hundreds of texts on science, math, philosophy were burnt. Society might have been hundreds of years ahead if it hadn't been for those books being burnt.
Let me give you an example of how brutal the spanish church (backed by the queen) was. They first made a treaty allowing the muslims to live in spain. Then they broke their own treaty and killed them off. You know Hernan Cortes? The spaniard who is famous for killing off hundreds of Native Americans? His first missions were in Spain itself, against the muslims.

So, I have basically disproved everything you said. Why don't you learn something, instead of condemning a religion you know nothing about? Where does "the koran teach society to become terrorists"?

Like I said, I am not against Christianity. I am against ignorance. You were showing some very "unchristian behaviour" by displaying your hatred of a group you know nothing about.

[edit on 4/1/05 by babloyi]

JAK

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thinker and babloyi From what I can see there are no Mods online at the moment. If there were however I am sure they would not be grateful for the not so subtle circumnavigation of the censors.

It is interesting to read both of your points, but language such as mentioned only detracts from your posts. Judging from what I read neither of you have any need to do so, you both appear eloquent enough to offer your position without resorting to such measures.

Jack

[edit on 4/1/05 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
I am sorry, thinker, but you got it wrong. The Arabs were spreading their religion back then, and it caught up in Spain. The rulers accepted it as the religion. There was no violence. Besides, there were not such strict divisions back then. They killed no citizens or women at all. The killing came when the Archbishop sent armies to completely WIPE OUT the muslim villages. I am sure the few muslims who could, put up a fight and "killed many spanish soldiers". About the raping. Well, you got it backwards. Any muslim woman who did not convert was raped.
About setting up "library of koran", like I said, it wasn't only korans. Hundreds of texts on science, math, philosophy were burnt. Society might have been hundreds of years ahead if it hadn't been for those books being burnt.
Let me give you an example of how brutal the spanish church (backed by the queen) was. They first made a treaty allowing the muslims to live in spain. Then they broke their own treaty and killed them off. You know Hernan Cortes? The spaniard who is famous for killing off hundreds of Native Americans? His first missions were in Spain itself, against the muslims.

So, I have basically disproved everything you said. Why don't you learn something, instead of condemning a religion you know nothing about? Where does "the koran teach society to become #ng terrorists"?

Like I said, I am not against Christianity. I am against ignorance. You were showing some very "unchristian behaviour" by displaying your hatred of a group you know nothing about.

Mabe it's your ignorance not mine.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Thinker and babloyi From what I can see there are no Mods online at the moment. If there were however I am sure they would not be grateful for the not so subtle circumnavigation of the censors.

It is interesting to read both of your points, but language such as mentioned only detracts from your posts. Judging from what I read neither of you have any need to do so, you both appear eloquent enough to offer your position without resorting to such measures.

Jack

[edit on 4/1/05 by JAK]

It makes me angry that this guy says that arabs came in for the good of spain . The christian are the ones that spread a religion via doneys and paper, the muslims with horses and a sword.

Everyone knows the muslims where invading nations at this time. They where not coming in on donkey's.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
"Everyone knows"? Who is everyone? I am sorry if your idea of a muslim is with a sword in one hand and the book in the other, but that is not true. Christians spread knowledge on the donkey with paper? I told you in my post before that the Church was endorsing soldiers to MURDER innocent villagers. The muslims were not fighting. The Church attacked.
JAK, if you noticed, I did not use any language. I was just quoting Thinker. I will remove it if it is inappropriate.
Thinker, I was not insulting you by talking about ignorance. All it takes is a little learning on both sides. I have no wish to fight you. You posted something, and I informed you that it was not correct.

People have done some very bad things in the name of religion. BOTH Islam and Christianity. I am not defending either of them, just stating some facts.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
● You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

● Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

● Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

● Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

● Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

● Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

● Any city that doesn�t �receive� the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

This is why so many died in pagan times of christian beliefs. Now i guess because religion doesn't rule the world so much, they cannot just go around slaughtering people, who don't believe in their god.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Well The american government, secularists which you follow,

1. I'm not American.. contrary to popular opinion other countries exist and don't blindly follow Americas lead.
2. George Bush is an athiest now? So what was that thing in Iraq over?
God or oil?

killed 1.5 million vietnamese in 20 years. Christians not so bad anymore. Secularism bad.

That had nothing to do with 'absence' of god.. though I guess saying a war is in a holy cause always helps the effort.

Oh and 1 Million babies are killed every year in abortions, thats mabe up to 26 million now in 26 years.

And do you even CARE about the fate of all the unwanted children that were not aborted? How many 'saved' babies have you adopted now? How many mothers do you support as 'reward' because they didn't go forward with abortions?
And I hate to be the one to break this to you.. but abortion has ALWAYS existed.. [and infanticide was very common as well unfortuantly- no well to tell if a baby was severly deforemed till it was born] it only became illegal in the 1800 [I think].. a while after the rise of christianity.

Oh americanism, secularism, and freedom is so good!!!!. compared to like 100,000 dead witches..

So the crusades never happened?!
Slavery was endorced by the bible as well.. and I'm poretty sure women got the vote to vote it out. Those damned feminists.:shk:

This what i mean about america, when it hates some it attacks it. But it turns a blind to what it has done. 27 Million people killed in 20 years of population control. Then go get 100,000 dead witches. Which were not dumped at the back of the abortion clinics.

So it's not just a 'few' witches anymore? No they weren't dumped.. they were either drowned.. [witches float of course], drawn and quatered or burned alive. Though I suspect you would have no problem with that.. you already said anyone who is not christian is evil right? I was raised christian.. being judgmental and biggoted was condemned by Jesus.. his message was love and compassion.. guess that makes you a non believer too!! Great.. we'll 'burn in hell' together.

Can always count on the hypocricey..

[edit on 4-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think the likes of Dr Horacid are a self explanatory answer to the original question. Perfectly apt answer infact!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'd like to declare a moratorium on whiny christian posts. It's getting very tiresome, although like really bad TV I still find myself watching to see if anything interesting develops.

Some people don't agree with you.

Get over it.

We don't to destroy your religion, we just want you to go away.

btw, replies like this:

Mabe it's your ignorance not mine.
remind me of "I know you are but what am I?" playground stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
I'd like to declare a moratorium on whiny christian posts. It's getting very tiresome, although like really bad TV I still find myself watching to see if anything interesting develops.

Some people don't agree with you.

Get over it.

We don't to destroy your religion, we just want you to go away.

A more extensive post is planned in reference to some previous posts, but this one didn't take any research to respond to. We don't want to destroy your religion, we just want you to go away...Have y'all seen any of that news footage from the civil rights movement in the 60s? This was a very common sentament towards blacks at the time. Native Americans, as well. I find it interesting that it's acceptable to be bigoted against certain groups. If I were to tell some african americans or indians to shut up and just go away, I don't hate you, I just want you to go away, I would be flamed two ways from tuesday by, thankfully, almost everyone here, including, I hope, you, Radiant. Yet say the same thing about a Christian, and they're whiney when they say something about it. Those gays out there who keep complaining about not having equal rights: Just quit your whining and go away. To Martin Luther King jr.: Thanks for quitting your whining and going away. To Native Americans: quit your whining and go away. To all of Islam: quit your whining and just go away.

Sounds a little different when you apply it to groups whom it's not "PC" to hate. Hmm...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

You think that's a logical argument?? It's actually a "grass is green and frogs are green therefore frogs are grass" type of illogic. (Sure sounds impressive, though...)

There is nothing, I repeat absoultely nothing in common between the plight of minorities and the "plight" of christians. Christians have no plight, not as a group, not in any democratic country. You're perfectly free to go about your business.

I didn't mean "go away" literally. I just mean stop whinging about conspiracies that don't exist. And have the decency to allow me not to believe whatever I choose not to believe, the same as I do for you.

Disagreement isn't bigotry.

OK, now you can go away.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
But you're not disagreeing. You're saying you don't want to destroy the religion, you just want those who practice it to go away. That's not disagreement, that's condescending.

EDIT:
Sorry, thought the content of your post was my quote and you only had the one line in bold.

You're perfectly free to go about your business.

So I wouldn't have any problems if, as a pilot, I wished everyone a merry Christmas when we landed at our airport? I wouldn't have a problem explaining my faith to someone who asks about it in the work place? I wouldn't have a problem expressing my faith if I were a public official or associated with the government at all? If you say no, I wouldn't have a problem doing any of these things, let me know which ones and I'll have several links to various stories where people were persecuted for being Christian here in the US, and the ACLU likes to stay quiet through most of those, too.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
But you're not disagreeing. You're saying you don't want to destroy the religion, you just want those who practice it to go away. That's not disagreement, that's condescending.

Again, not literally go away, just simply accept the rights of others to disbelieve.

So I wouldn't have any problems if, as a pilot, I wished everyone a merry Christmas when we landed at our airport? I wouldn't have a problem explaining my faith to someone who asks about it in the work place? I wouldn't have a problem expressing my faith if I were a public official or associated with the government at all?

I'm not saying you'll never have a problem. We all have problems. Clearly, though, it's ludicrous to compare the problems you quoted with the problems faced by blacks in the 60s. You might feel somewhat constrained at times, but you don't have to ride in the back of the bus, and face little risk of being lynched or having hooded men burn stuff on your lawn, etc, etc.

I agree that PC culture has gone way too far. I don't care - and I doubt if many other non-christians care - what the pilot says (as long as he lands the damn thing safely!). I have no problem with you or indeed anyone else explaining their faith to me...even if I didn't specifically ask. There's a christian guy in our office (a US gov't office, btw) who wears his faith on his sleeve, and he's one of my best friends.

I don't even really mind the JW's who come around most Sundays. They're quite personable (for lunatics)...and they're sharp dressers.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Azeari
I think what you are trying to get across is,
Freedom of Religion is also Freedom from Religion

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Azeari
I think what you are trying to get across is,
Freedom of Religion is also Freedom from Religion

Amen, brother!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
�� You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

�� Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

�� Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

�� Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

�� Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

�� Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

�� Any city that doesn�ft �greceive�h the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Is this seriously in the bible? I am not christian so I wouldn't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join