It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy Woman Granted Right to Die For Depression

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Millions of Americans are depressed because the world is going to crap. Big pharma is a BIG problem and it's super corrupt, but this doesn't mean that people can't overcome severe depression. Many have, some don't. Many who don't, kill themselves. By no means should we have some law allowing docs to assist in the suicide of the severely depressed.

edit on 3-7-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Having 1 suicide in my immediate family and 3 from aunts and uncles I can only say if the person wants to go let them go.

...I will also say that these people are cowards (cowards in that they could not face life) and took the wrong door out...not realizing the selfish action they are taking will hurt and reverberate with every person that loved them. That's probably the whole point, but regardless of whether it is the wrong decision, it is ultimately their decision and no one else's.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It's not "allowing docs to kill off depressed people". It's allowing people suffering from severe depression to choose their time to die, with a doctor's assistance, and go peacefully.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
When a government starts passing out "death with dignity" it will not be long before they are the ones deciding who gets it. It would probably start with the severely handicapped and eventually grow to include anybody the state chooses. a reply to: Spider879

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There's no way that she had severe depression for 24 years, this didn't start when she came out of the womb. Maybe it started during childhood, so maybe it's been a decade or so, who knows. What I do know, is I'd rather cling to all hope for her as a person in society rather than support assisted suicide. That's my opinion. Anyone can commit suicide whenever they want.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Wookiep

I agree that mental illness is a problem and needs addressing. It's the same with drug addicts who go to jail etc. They need serious rehab, not jail. The mentally ill need relentless treatment, not death, not at any point unless they do it themselves.

I really don't think it is so much that mental illness is the problem? But how Psychiatry depends on mad scientists that work for profit driven corporations where the almighty dollar and making the share holders happy giving doctors trips to the tropics for pushing their pills?

To be honest? I don't know how anyone in this day and age ISN'T depressed with the political nonsense and government officials pretending to care about our welfare!

I hate to go off topic but we are talking about depression?

Just take a look at how our current form of government is treating mental illness! Who the hell in their right mind would want to raise their hand and say, "I'm mentally ill!"

See what I'm saying?

Yea, in this day and age and everything in your face, do not need to elaborate....depression is at an all time high.
They did a study recently where the Chinese that were kicked off their lands, around 250 million are actually worse off mentally and unhappy. How could this be?

I think it has a lot to do with being independent and in control vs handing your fate over to Corporate Governance.

Face it, we have less control over our lives than we used to and the options are limited if you want to survive.
We are given the illusion of options but gone are the days of huffing it out to the wilderness and planting your log cabin and making it on your own without having the tax man or federal agent show up or a land owner with a shotgun.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Agreed. Everyone's "enough" is different. Not many people screaming in pain from terminal bone cancer for months and months are denied an easy death by doctors or family and if anyone thinks this does not happen on a daily basis, they'd be horribly wrong. Overdoses of morphine are often given to folks in hospice who the doctors have deemed "suffered enough".

I may can live with more than she can and you may can live with more than I can... "Enough" can only be determined by the one determining it for themselves IMO.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Even 10 or 12 years for someone suffering severe depression is two or three lifetimes of hell. It doesn't matter if it was 24 years, or 10 years, or even 5 years for some people.

So you would rather her family have to find her body, and be responsible for cleaning it up, instead of having memories of her going peacefully.

link   

Millions of Americans are depressed because the world is going to crap. Big pharma is a BIG problem and it's super corrupt, but this doesn't mean that people can't overcome severe depression. Many have, some don't. Many who don't, kill themselves. By no means should we have some law allowing docs to kill off depressed people though.

Are the shrinks not indirectly killing those they are prescribing the pills too? Read the side effects of these drugs! Hell, at one point the drugs my shrink had me on were so dangerous that I had to go see my regular doctor to get a blood test to make sure the damn pill wasn't killing me!

What's the difference?

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's not "allowing docs to kill off depressed people". It's allowing people suffering from severe depression to choose their time to die, with a doctor's assistance, and go peacefully.

I see. Well, I've edited my post now to read -

By no means should we have some law allowing docs to assist in the suicide of the severely depressed.

Hope that helps!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine
When a government starts passing out "death with dignity" it will not be long before they are the ones deciding who gets it. It would probably start with the severely handicapped and eventually grow to include anybody the state chooses. a reply to: Spider879

An unavoidable slippery slope I might add,even if I agree that one who is terminally ill and in pain with no hope of recovery but with a sound mind should be able to.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

And you can't just stop taking them. There's a chance that they'll kill you if you just stop. After a month or so you have to be weaned off them slowly.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Perhaps, but I think this is swaying from the topic of assisted suicide for the severely depressed. Maybe those drugs ARE causing more suicides like in the case of Prozac, I remember when that drug came out. BUT that would be considered a whole different conspiracy. Or maybe it's not! Could this be a part of the whole population control thing everyone has been talking about? Instead of giving us drugs that make us want to kill ourselves, how about just give doctors a pass to kill off millions of severely depressed people. Genius!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And you can't just stop taking them. There's a chance that they'll kill you if you just stop. After a month or so you have to be weaned off them slowly.

Oh hell! I thought they were going to call a SWAT team on me when I finally got fed up and told them I was DONE! Funny you mentioned that!

link   

I'd rather not see a case in which her dead body is viewed in any capacity, but that's just me.

link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

That is what I am afraid of.
There is already propaganda out there you always see about the useless eaters.
If you are not contributing then why are you here?
These kind of psychological games do affect people and will contribute to depression.

Once we have legalized euthanasia, it won't be long before people help the propaganda along by saying some people need to go see the euthanasia doctor. Words have consequences and do effect other people. Yea, toughen up. I am there, but some people aren't and you just helped sending them to the grave.

link   

And AGAIN, it's not giving doctors a pass to kill depressed people. It's a person choosing their time to go, and to go painlessly and peacefully, without causing her family undue pain and suffering by finding her body.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

And she has decided that she IS going to end it. So the choice is that she does it on her own, and someone have to find her, and deal with that. Or she goes peacefully, and painlessly, with assistance.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Perhaps, but I think this is swaying from the topic of assisted suicide for the severely depressed. Maybe those drugs ARE causing more suicides like in the case of Prozac, I remember when that drug came out. BUT that would be considered a whole different conspiracy. Or maybe it's not! Could this be a part of the whole population control thing everyone has been talking about? Instead of giving us drugs that make us want to kill ourselves, how about just give doctors a pass to kill off millions of severely depressed people. Genius!

WTF are you talking about?

Sorry if my experiences are so threatening to you that you have to deflect by bringing up "Conspiracy Theories".....

Holy hell man, the MSM deflects the truth by using that tactic today.......

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yeah man, I get it! Assisted suicide, we disagree!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join