It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy Woman Granted Right to Die For Depression

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Laziest excuse for a bunch of doctors...let her live!

2nd

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No one can "grant" anyone the " right" to die. If someone wants to die, that's their business and no on else's. Sick of this world full of control freaks. Many of them who come here.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Spider879

There should be a place in every hospital for euthenasia. 30-60 days should be given. During that time mediation, possibly depression medication, and other practices should be done. Meditation (eastern definition) being the most important. If the person still wants to die after 30-60 days then society should help them. We should respect the choice.

so there have to be rules and guidelines according to you before someone is allowed?

i dont get that either.

about the only rule i can think of is a person should have to be of legal age so they and only they can be held accountable for their decision.

why should they have to try meds first? why should there first be a mediation?

i say if an adult wants to check out because it is monday then they should be able to.

the fact is some people dont want to live. why should they be made to jump through hoops before they kick off?

i really dont understand this

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Are we really having the "she just wants to die, let her die!" discussion involving a 24 year old healthy woman?

I've been dealing with real depression for most of my adult life. I understand what it means to not want to wake up day after day. BUT, I REALLY don't understand how any society anywhere can just say "ok, off yourself, it's your choice! We love you!"
This world is going bonkers faster as each day passes.

Depression can be a life long struggle but people CAN get through it, of course this girl doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, duh, she's not able to think clearly, hence mental illness. Wow.

yes. we are having that discussion. bummer huh?
healthy people might want to check out too. so what?

society should just say ok, go off yourself.
why the i love you? i dont love her. i dont even like her.
i say if she wants to die then she should be able to.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

What I am saying is, it's OUR job as a society to do everything we can do in our power to prevent the death of this woman and cling to EVERY bit of hope up until the tragic day she DOES decide to kill herself.

say what?
why is it my job? i am a part of society but i dont get why i should do everything in my power to prevent it.
has absolutely nothing to do with me.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I agree 100% I believe people have the right to self determination and I respect that. I myself have been in the throws and if that's what I want to do, no one is going to stop me, or guilt trip me on the way out. Frankly, because I wouldn't tell anyone, people think automatically it's selfish, no it's selfish that other people require people to live to satisfy their world-view and comfort. What about the person suffering ? Why should I continue to suffer just to make you happy, and to hell with my suffering because honestly no one knows what goes on inside of anyone's head! Yes I support her "right to die" I also support her right to live! And live happily! For people who have never dealt with depression,PTSD, or any number of severe psychological disorders, they don't know; it's just that plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I hear ya. Many "NORMS" have never dealt with anything. Ever spent a day wishing you were dead because of a migraine? Seriously, many "NORMS' think having a migraine is like having a headache. It's not. A headache is a minor nuisance, a migraine is like some jerk sticking molten lava nails behind your eyes and into your brain. I am scared of death more than anything else, for I believe nothing comes after. If I believed something came after, I might end my suffering. I have dealt with this for as long as I can remember, meaning I have had pain beyond belief since I was 3 or younger. If I chose to put an end to it, why should anyone condemn me for it?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Spider879

There should be a place in every hospital for euthenasia. 30-60 days should be given. During that time mediation, possibly depression medication, and other practices should be done. Meditation (eastern definition) being the most important. If the person still wants to die after 30-60 days then society should help them. We should respect the choice.

so there have to be rules and guidelines according to you before someone is allowed?

i dont get that either.

about the only rule i can think of is a person should have to be of legal age so they and only they can be held accountable for their decision.

why should they have to try meds first? why should there first be a mediation?

i say if an adult wants to check out because it is monday then they should be able to.

the fact is some people dont want to live. why should they be made to jump through hoops before they kick off?

i really dont understand this

An adult can check out whenever they please. Go to a tall building and jump off. There should be rules for hospitals. Not only because of ethics, but also because of the risk of getting sued.

If someone is willing to wait 60 days to die, then it is not just a momentary emotional decision.

It would be very unethical for a hospital to give lethal injection to a young woman who wants to die after a breakup.
edit on 9-11-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

yeah.
much better to jump off a building and possibly not die or land on someone walking down the side walk.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Post removed by ATS Staff
edit on 10-11-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Honestly, I haven't made it through the 10 pages yet.
I am probably speaking too soon...

It is her life, her choice now (she is 21). I didn't read in the article how much counseling or drugs she/her guardians have experimented with. I am certainly concerned that she has not "located" the specific treatment that could help her.
The article below shows as of 2013 possible 1 in 2 people with mental health issues seek treatment and possibly only
25 % receive "appropriate" care. Concerning.

THIS

Sometimes when someone has sought treatment time and again and it not helped or alleviated their anguish or pain, they certainly can become hopeless. It sounds, from what I have read, as if she has met her limit.
One can say to another "look at how beautiful the world is, the mountains, the oceans"..."look at your children growing and enjoying the innocence and wonders of life". "How could you possibly want to ever leave this before it is time?"
Now, imagine a world where those "simple joys" do come. They fill your heart and you are brimming with emotion and awe. But, yet, there is a dark grey cloud looming, always, overhead that cannot allow you to COMPLETELY feel it.
You awake every morning knowing that you MUST perform, you MUST get up. YES, you woke again!

One goes through the motions of the day, because people are counting on you, you have to produce so that the ones you love can live. You must work, shop, make the usual small talk at the corner store, run home, pay bills, cook, clean, homework...days and days go by...they seem endless. You think for a moment, dare to hope, that you are coming out of it, this time, then something happens. It can be as simple as the loss of , yet, another job, or the death of a loved one or the damn chili burns...you can't think clearly enough to balance the damn checkbook! "What do you mean you redecorated the ENTIRE house?!" They are endless...
Then the night comes and the world, the normal world, is sleeping and you are once again lost in your thoughts...alone. Your back is in a knot, undiagnosed illnesses plague you because, really, there is nothing PHYSICALLY/MEDICALLY wrong.
It's all in your head...truly...THAT'S where it is at.
Try THIS new drug, now go for a blood test, more needles, more questions...no answers...

Maybe, just maybe, THIS poor soul is tired. How are we to know HOW MANY times she has journeyed this road? Maybe she's been here before?
Is it fair to make her suffer longer? To appease "US". What right have we and how exactly does this benefit us?
Is it fair for us to wait until she takes her own life, by surprise and is "found" by her loved ones?
Maybe days after the occurrence and the sight and the smells and the scene are something that THEY will never get over?

If she were to end it all and make it to "the other side" wherever/whatever that is. It is HER burden to bear, not ours. It is her choice and I believe we owe it to another human being to allow them to have as dignified and educated end as they choose for themselves. It may not be our choice but, we are not living THEIR existence...

Thank you for allowing me to go on...

WHO

edit on 10-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join