It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy Woman Granted Right to Die For Depression

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Wookiep

Even 10 or 12 years for someone suffering severe depression is two or three lifetimes of hell. It doesn't matter if it was 24 years, or 10 years, or even 5 years for some people.

So you would rather her family have to find her body, and be responsible for cleaning it up, instead of having memories of her going peacefully.

I don't know the solution but I really hate the idea of it being legislated as well.
Government has proved inept at every turn and tyrannical as well when it is to their advantage.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

You seem to have issues weighing things in, and are taking extreme black and white positions. I'd like to point out that no doctor would euthanize all depressed people, and also this would be impossible because the patient has a choice, and obviously we can see not all depressed people choose suicide.

You've played word games throughout this thread. I don't know why you have to find this as anything but what it is. The most humane way to leave if you choose. This isn't a scary government coming to take your life cause you're deemed too ill to carry out your duties. It's not anyone pushing anything. It's nothing more than a tragic case of human suffering, a will to escape, and a plea to an entity to make it quick and painless.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Um, I simply responded to what you said.

Are the shrinks not indirectly killing those they are prescribing the pills too? Read the side effects of these drugs! Hell, at one point the drugs my shrink had me on were so dangerous that I had to go see my regular doctor to get a blood test to make sure the damn pill wasn't killing me!

I actually agreed. Brought up big pharm and an example I know well, Prozac. Sorry you took offence.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Ok, you're entitled to your opinion. I disagree with it, sorry!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Um, I simply responded to what you said.

Are the shrinks not indirectly killing those they are prescribing the pills too? Read the side effects of these drugs! Hell, at one point the drugs my shrink had me on were so dangerous that I had to go see my regular doctor to get a blood test to make sure the damn pill wasn't killing me!

So because of what I said that was the a truth you threw out the Conspiracy angle?

What did I say that wasn't truthful?

I'll tell ya this much bro! Your idea of depression? Isn't mine or what I am seeing others talk about, because if you REALLY suffered with debilitating depression? I can guarantee you, your shrink would have had you taking medicine that would have required you to take a blood test once a month......

You have a right to your opinion as do I, but if you want to talk down on me because I per chance brought up a conspiracy?

Have fun bro!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You're not me and don't have the right to judge me. I couldn't care LESS if you agree or disagree with any of my posts, but YOU have no idea where I'VE been and where I am NOW.

Just because I don't agree with assisted suicide for the severely depressed, that means I have NO idea what it is to be severely depressed? WTF ever, man. There's no need to discuss this with you or ANYONE here. All you want is absolute AGREEMENT with you on this. ATS is starting to suck, and threads like this are proving it. Peace out, have fun with your like-minded conversations.

ETA- and where the # did I accuse you of saying something that wasn't truthful? Go be butt-hurt all you want, I NEVER said such a thing. RE-READ what I said.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh absolutely not. I am dead set against pills.

Different horses for different courses . You have managed to beat depression chemical free . Myself , well the drug i am taking now has given me a life again and apart from a few kilo weight gain is side effect free . Before that i had been prescribed an encyclopaedia of drugs none of which worked . It is the MO of psychiatrists im afraid , keep trying pills until one appears to work . In my case it did , 5 years of normality although what normal is supposed to feel like i am no longer sure .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

And for those that use pills, and they work, then more power to them. My choice against pills, is just that, MY choice. I would never try to tell someone else that they shouldn't take pills. Different things work for different people. I tried two different pills, and they made things worse, so I chose to do things for myself, and was lucky enough to find ways to battle through it. Again, they're not ways that I would recommend to anyone, because they worked for ME. That doesn't mean they'll work for anyone else.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I just have to say - no one can tell another whether or not they have a life worth living. That is a decision we all have to make for ourselves.

This is a personal decision and one that wasn't taken lightly.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

xox to you Spider

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
In most cases we are not even talking "doctor assisted suicide" in the way that lethal injection occurs in prison. In most cases patients are/would be prescribed a drug or cocktail of drugs to take on their own on their own time in the privacy of their own home. It's not like people will be lined up outside of some clinic waiting to be injected with poison and tossed into the crematory while they are still warm.

Doctors aren't out willy nilly killing everyone's baby since abortions became legal, why would they do so if it was made legal to prescribe a cocktail to make someone go to sleep and never wake up again? Fear mongering....

There are no serial killer veterinarians out there...

I'm having a hard time grasping why this would get so out of control.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have to respond that it is humane. However, I wonder about her actual experiences in life and what could be if not on meds and tried some other things. I would bet she could be changed around in a few weeks. However, I know her nightmare. I have had it for 20 years. It started with my choice of work in life when I realized just how corrupt and the false facade people see. It was riveted into position with 23 surgeries and severe chronic pain and loss of most of my family. For me it is logic. I can fight and carry on, but I am only going to die anyway. If it is tomorrow or 2 years why struggle? People will think I am crazy I know, but I have died twice before and know what is on the other side. It is much better than this existence in my opinion.

However, the girl in this OP is very young and probably suffered a lot of mental trauma in life and drugs do not help in many cases. That is why I think she could be changed. I would not recommend it so early in life unless in severe physical distress for some medical reason.

I decided long ago that rather than be caught and tortured I would use the last round on myself. It was so ingrained into my core being that when coming out of my 17th 4 hour surgery I thought I was being tortured in a government building. I came off the table fighting and tore all the surgery loose and started bleeding internally. They had to put me back out and do it all over again. Maybe after all the years of accepting the course of action it is not a crazy idea to me. However, I have seen and done a LOT and lived through more stuff than many lives would experience. I guess that is why certain jobs see a high rate of suicide. It is life changing and depressing. It is much better than struggling through each day.

I thought of volunteering to be the first in the door on a team so that no one that has family or cares about dying would have to do it themselves. Of course I know I wouldn't get past the first interview with that attitude. They would instantly stamp Section 8 on my file. LOL! I think people that don't believe in life after death and who are having a normal existence just can't understand the thinking. The only thing that stops me from doing it is I can't stand to think of putting my family I have left through that. This girl in the OP though just seems to be wrong. Like she was trapped between family and chemicals from psychiatrists. I believe she could be changed around with the right experiences in life.

Oh, and about the pharma. I once was put on Prozac and I became homicidal bad after the first 24 hours. I had to get off that particular med because people were going to get put out to pasture if I stayed on it. That is another issue with these psych meds. They can cause homicidal or suicidal thoughts. I feel like a lot of the violence in society today is due to putting kids on these meds. We never had meds for every little issue like they push out today. The kids are developing minds. Put these powerful chemicals into their brains at that stage is only asking for trouble then or later. This girl is young at 24. I wonder if she was one that was on these meds as a kid and has suffered as a result?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The Europeans are insane. This is why I fight against anything European coming to the US. We already fought one war to free ourselves from European oppression and I would like to keep them OUT of the US.

I feel the same way about all things American keeping them out of the UK

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have read nothing but the OP as of now. That scares the hell out of me. If it had been legal back in the day, I would not exist anymore. As bad as life has been for me, there has been lots of silver lining. At 18 I would have taken a legal death and been done with it I think.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Gothmog

And it never goes away. You can be "cured", and then suddenly just have one bad thing happen, and it slams back into place before you know it. Even if it's something minor.

The triggers are everywhere.
I can move forward one step, then it's five steps back.

Some of us have no idea what it feels like to be happy.
I'm ok right now, this minute, but it can change in an instant if there's a trigger.
Now I'm at the age where each trigger or stressful event completely drains me.

I just exist....

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Depression can be a terminal illness of the mind just as cancer can be of the body. There are examples of this everywhere and statistics to back it up, yet some seem to have a hard time accepting this, maybe because it's not as visible or obvious an erosion or seems to some to be a real choice when it's not.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: violet
You really have never been happy? I am a pretty miserable dude, but there were definately some happy moments. Moments that I would not ever trade for the world. Moments that were worth the years of pain. Meeting my niece for the first time, even #ty things like carrying grandma's casket and lowering it. My pain is not only mental, but physical, migraines and insomnia, phantom pains, and also weird # like visual snow that no one can explain. And my story is nothing compared to others that are probably happier than I.

I don't really like country, but this song has always touched me.

To expand on what I meant to say, the main difference between a happy person, and a depressed person is perception. On average of course. A depressed person, me included, dwells on and gives extra weight to the bad times, while brushing off the good times as flukes. Happy people do the exact opposite. And in my experience, happy people seem to have more to be unhappy about if they chose to think of it that way.

edit on Sat, 04 Jul 2015 02:28:55 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Metallicus
The Europeans are insane. This is why I fight against anything European coming to the US. We already fought one war to free ourselves from European oppression and I would like to keep them OUT of the US.

Europeans are insane? What the hell kind of statement is that.
You fight to keep Europeans from coming to the US??? What? Really?
We fought a war against European oppression? With no help from other European nations????
So who would you allow to come to the US
Africans.?
Asians?
South Americans?
Eskimos?
Who?
Oh I get it you are an isolationist. Only us are allowed, nobody else.

Actually, you need to reread my post. I never said I fight against Europeans coming to America. I don't want European political and social ideology in the US.

And yes, allowing a mentally ill person to make life and death decisions is stupid.
edit on 2015/7/4 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Yeah, europeans can be imprisoned for trolling facebook. Screw that mess, keep that overseas if you ask me lol.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join