It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto has EVENLY spaced huge dark spots!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok this has got me wondering what could cause these evenly spaced dark spots?!? And what are they? This is going to be very, very interesting I think!

Each of the spots is about 300 miles in diameter
WOW!...

There is a part of me that goes oh there will be an natural explanation...and then there is the part of me that is why I am on ATS.

pluto.jhuapl.edu...

I am going to laugh myself silly if there are claims of a camera artifact...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 15:52:05 -0500pm3America/Chicago by abeverage because: cause of pluto's spots

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ha! You beat me by about 2 minutes, was just going to post the same thing. Pretty interesting, have no idea what it could be. But I sure can wildly speculate!

edit on 2-7-2015 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wonder if Oberg already knew this and that's why
we got the "stuff may be weird with Pluto so don't go all alien
on it" thread a week ago ? That's a direct quote btw I'm not paraphrasing at all.
I'm 100% sure of it

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You can see on the second sphere from the left, the bottom has what appears to be a scalloped edge. They would have to be huge excavations or structures of some sort, all lined up...

a reply to: abeverage

Ooops, just thought of something....it's swamp gas.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Subscribing to thread so one of you can tell me what it is 😊

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Alien chemtrails, OR the Galactic Federation has some sort of mold-crops growing in 3,000-mile diameter circlular patches (mold = good protein for prolonged space travel)

JUST how DEEP does the RABBIT HOLE go???

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Dark spots in a longitudinal direction could be impact blemishes from Pluto rotating under an incoming broken up comet or asteroid. Chain cratering on the Moon and Mars are similar to this, as well as what we saw when Jupiter was rotating under the incoming broken up comet, Shoemaker-Levy 9 .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Evenly spaced?

I would have thought a crater chain, but across the entire planet like that and 300 miles across? I am seriously curious to see the next batch of images on Pluto.

Be so much fun if they appear artificial and are obviously evenly spaced wonder what we might do next?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The line of dark patches reminds me of when Comet Shoemaker-Levy crashed into Jupiter years ago...it left a line of equally spaced holes in the cloud layers of its atmosphere. Maybe this is what we're looking at on Pluto? Only these would potentially be far older since the scars were made in rock rather than gas and are essentially permanent scars.

It would sort of make sense given Pluto's location in the Kuiper Belt that we may find far more comet bombardment since, well, that's where comets come from...
edit on 2-7-2015 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Alien mining operations? Ancient orbital bombardment of a military outposts?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Gigantic Plutonian caterpillar!

No idea. Should be interesting as we get closer.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You can't prove to me that it ISN'T aliens!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

There are four dark spots and, if you care to zoom in, they are not 'exactly' evenly spaced.

Perhaps a chance occurrence of natural craters?

Perhaps the impacting object had broken up into 4 pieces prior to impact and those pieces impacted one by one as the planetoid rotated?

edit on 2/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
I wonder if Oberg already knew this and that's why
we got the "stuff may be weird with Pluto so don't go all alien
on it" thread a week ago ? That's a direct quote btw I'm not paraphrasing at all.
I'm 100% sure of it

Yeah, that guy doesnt want the existance of aliens to be considered regardless of what is discovered. Havent you noticed?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
The line of dark patches reminds me of when Comet Shoemaker-Levy crashed into Jupiter years ago...it left a line of equally spaced holes in the cloud layers of its atmosphere. Maybe this is what we're looking at on Pluto? Only these would potentially be far older since the scars were made in rock rather than gas and are essentially permanent scars.

It would sort of make sense given Pluto's location in the Kuiper Belt that we may find far more comet bombardment since, well, that's where comets come from...

I am not disregarding that this could be impacts.

However Jupiter is massive and turning actually very fast! 9.8 Earth hours for a complete rotation!

Pluto on the other hand...is smaller than our moon and Pluto's rotation period...wait for it.......6.39 days longer than any known planet in the solar system!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I hope that upon closer inspection it turns out to me a message from the creator and says.

"Sorry for the inconvenience."

On a serious note, it is kind of exciting though.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Isn't Pluto's surface thought to be breaking up?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No.

It's thought that during it's long summer parts of the surface that is frozen gases sublimate and form a thin atmosphere around Pluto, and then as it heads into it's 150 year long winter, those gasses freeze again.

edit on 7/2/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Gotcha.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

They are actually huge billboards warning aliens not to feed the animals or take them home.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join