It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto has EVENLY spaced huge dark spots!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Consistent with Hubble images, fwiw

scienceblogs.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
One of the mission scientists discusses how the probe takes its images in a podcast:

podcast.sjrdesign.net...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

It could be tread marks from a large alien space vehicle? Just saying...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Soon another mystery that NASA can't explain first Ceres now Pluto. .. but it's to soon to really know what we're looking at...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I think that is a shot from the opposite side of Pluto's spots. I'm also very curious about this large dark band. Both are on the southern hemisphere of Pluto.
I can't wait until the July 14th.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I already knew this...

Indus valley weights and measures;

Best seen;

Pluto;

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
So Pluto is a Dalmation and should he been called Spot?

Blooming Walt Disney, you failed.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
4 Monoliths...

Seriously, I think we need better closer photo's before going all ga-ga about these odd spots.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't NADA STATE, 6 months ago pluto ws NOT a planet???!

I DO remember someone ststing that fairly recently...
edit on 3-7-2015 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Are these images long exposures? If so, maybe it's an unknown moon or the known moon of Pluto over a time-lapse?

If it isn't, it's quite interesting eh?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Scarring caused by gravitational pull of plutos satalite

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Scarring caused by gravitational pull of plutos satalite or bowling ball.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
That didnt take long for the "alien base" crowd to come out. You guys can go ahead and see structure in everything and call foul, meanwhile the rest of us will just be in awe of Nasas achievement and the pictures to come

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Soon another mystery that NASA can't explain first Ceres now Pluto. .. but it's to soon to really know what we're looking at...

And whats the issue with them not being able to explain it yet? Do you think we should know verything about everything straight away?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This reminds of a science fiction story I once read. The aliens had put a device on Pluto, alerting them when we reached it. The whole idea was that when we became advanced enough to reach it, we would be eligible for contact. Probes found it first, then it was decades later that the technology was developed to send a manned mission and open the device. Turns out they were friendly.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It's definitely an interesting feature and I would like to see what comes of it. However at that resolution I don't think there's room for much in the way of speculation yet. The way that those photos are extrapolated leaves a large margin of error.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
This reminds of a science fiction story I once read. The aliens had put a device on Pluto, alerting them when we reached it. The whole idea was that when we became advanced enough to reach it, we would be eligible for contact. Probes found it first, then it was decades later that the technology was developed to send a manned mission and open the device. Turns out they were friendly.

That would be so awesome if that happened. Wars would end. Everyone would be enthralled with first contact..or am i being too optimistic?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
Correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't NADA STATE, 6 months ago pluto ws NOT a planet???!

I DO remember someone ststing that fairly recently...

Pluto was reclassified in 2006. So it was about 8 months ago

edit on 07am09am312015-07-03T09:49:11-05:0009America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Does anyone know if such things as Sinkholes would be possible on Pluto?

No idea what this could be.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver
Does anyone know if such things as Sinkholes would be possible on Pluto?

No idea what this could be.

I would suggest that any speclation at this point is pointless. The images are far too lurry. Lets wait 10 days.

Which, by the way, im astounded at. That NH is opnly 10 days away and Pluto is STILL this small.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join