It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALITY of Marriage Equality

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: Lightworth
As for demands of proof, that often comes down to who shouts "prove it" first.

There is a most astronomical difference between "shouting 'prove it'" for its own sake, in a vacuum, and requiring proof in real, relevant and tangible matters. Too many people falsely equate opinion with facts, and moreover, opinions/beliefs are given MORE weight or authority than facts i.e. in religions. That's just plainly lacking in morality and intelligence, or it is that it DOES, what the results are. What is there to show for it?

Pretty sure proving the existence of God will NEVER be possible, not "at least in this lifetime" or EVER. Even if only a single unimaginably powerful ET, ultraterrestrial or whatever were to arrive and perform feats of beyond mind-boggling capability, there's almost certainly no way He/She/It could prove creation of the infinite, incomprehensible universe, beyond doing whatever glorified magic trick that controls our perception. And that's not even getting into MANY other proof requirements such as the most absurd-insane notion of an "ONLY Begotten Son" in the entire universe. I mean, where else but in THIS violent and ignorant "civilization" could POSSIBLY be the center of the universe? *end sarcasm*

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Just peeked back into see your latest revelations ... all I find is personal commentary and pseudo-psychological crap.

OK.

*I* am in denial? Friend, Anyone who's still bothering to read this can see that when you get called on something by someone, somehow they're always the one doing it or saying it in your next post. You're not even original ... you're told that some of your statements are bigoted, and your response is "No, you're the bigot!!!"

Your lies are pointed out to you, and your next post is "No, you're lying!!!"

That's a very primitive, i.e. childlike mode of argument. Like I said, your posts are like those made by a petulant child: "I know you are but what am I?"

There's more than one definition of every word. Every word has different meanings. Every dictionary has different definitions. None of them are the "actual definition" i.e. the only one, the one that will let you say "I'm right."

That's what you cannot tolerate. Being shown clearly time after time as being flat out wrong. You don't even care about being called a bigot, you literally just can't accept that you're mistaken. Fragile ego. Terminally fragile I'm afraid.

Quote me. Quote where I said: "No one can disagree with a homosexual about gay marriage and not be a bigot".

Go ahead. And when you can't, what will your new excuse be, I wonder? One thing I do know, there will be no admission from you that you're wrong. Probably just more jumping through your own ... hoops ... to somehow prove that I am wrong for not saying what you said I said.

Or you'll ignore it and try to cite me for misquoting you ... "NO you misquoted ME!"

"Yada yada, bigot, yada yada, you're wrong, yada yada, I'm right." That's what I hear when I read your posts. You're making a fool of yourself at this point.

What was that about it being impossible for you to be wrong? You use "Free Dictionary" because it's "always right"?

LOL, you must have written it then, since you're never wrong.

I AM intolerant of intolerance. You finally got one right! Good job!

Prison? LOL If you're thinking of taking up psychology as a new profession, I suggest that you keep your day-job.

You're not very good at it.

I have a great life. Dealing with posts like yours takes about 10 minutes out of my day. But you are always going to have to make one more post, chocked full of lies and blatant stubborn repetition, because you just can't be wrong.

Too bad that every post you makes proves otherwise.

edit on 7Tue, 07 Jul 2015 07:47:34 -050015p072015766 by Gryphon66 because: Minor typos

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I am uncomfortable with that, when it is so extreme and flamboyant. But I can also say I am equally uncomfortable with any other over the top extreme affectation whether its the chest thumping tough guy, the whiny gimme gimme, the never ending one-upper, or whatever. The only difference is I wouldn't think twice about asking the others to tone it down a bit but the gay guy I would say nothing for fear of retaliation. In typing that I experienced a bit of a revelation.

It kind of reminds me of the old Apollo theater show where every once in a while the camera would switch to an audience view and there would be three or four black women sitting on the edge of their seats waiting. When the camera came on they would burst out laughing and fall off their chairs literally rolling into the aisles. They would lay there for a few seconds, then get up, get back on the edge of their seats and wait for the camera to come back. It was so over the top it was sad to watch. It seemed like nothing but a giant look at me look at me.

edit on 7-7-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Except we don't have a camera right?

i'm sorry you feel uncomfortable around people that don't express themselves how you want them too.. i can't imagine thinking like that. it has to be depressing every time someone expresses themselves out of the Hetronormatice actions you automatically get uncomfortable.. i'm sorry

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Its not about me wanting them to act the way I want them to. And its not every time someone acts differently than me. Its when its so over the top and dramatic and flamboyant that it makes me uncomfortable.

Its not up to me to tell people how to act. I have no right to do that and I wouldn't try to. I wonder why they feel it necessary to make such grand gestures and emote to such a great degree. One of my wife's cousins is gay. When I first met him he made that head nodding big snap gesture and loudly said "Hello" while we were talking politics. I laughed, which I hope was the appropriate response, and we continued talking. After forty or fifty times it grew very irksome. I have to admit I wanted out of the conversation. Fortunately my wife can read my mind and she called me away.

All in all he was a nice enough guy but the over the top stuff really took away from the conversation. Without that I could have enjoyed the conversation much more.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

All in all he was a nice enough guy but the over the top stuff really took away from the conversation. Without that I could have enjoyed the conversation much more.

I feel the same way about Macho-Ego men. And, of course, they represent all men.

I spent the 4th of July with a gay guy at a party. We spent the night looking up hot guys on my iPad. Great fun!
edit on 7-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

OMGosh, sounds like a perfect way to celebrate.. well anything okuuuuur!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Maybe that was his Catchphrase, like "Hello" in agreement.. i got a whole bunch, i mean coming from the Drag Community all we got is snappy Catch Phrases, Ok!

Maybe i just don't think that way, i mean yeah we have all been in uncomfortable situations before.. have you ever had someone tell you it's such a shame that you're Gay and such a waste.. well you're not Gay so no, but i mean we have all been in uncomfortable situations... but to single out feminine actions actions as uncomfortable.. i just don't think that way i guess
edit on 7-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was also uncomfortable with the chest thumping tough guys, among others. Its not the act itself, but the over the top "I have to do it bigger than everyone else" aspect that makes me uncomfortable.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I think everyone has been on the receiving end of an "Its a shame you are not..." statement of some kind. And no, its not particularly fun. I don't know why but the excessive behavior is just too much for me. But I can honestly say I feel the same way about kids when they start acting up and trying to out do each other for attention. It just ends up being annoying and stressful. Kids you have to forgive because they are kids. Adults, well, you tolerate but you don't necessarily have to embrace the behavior and applaud it. Thugs walking around with their pants around their knees. Its too much. I don't tell them they cant. I don't insult them. But I am not comfortable with them near me and I don't want to see it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

But it's not always for attention, i don't do it for attention.. sometimes it's just how people act

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hi folks, I hope I am correct about this, but doesn't it say under the Bill Of Rights that ALL men are equal? It does not say only straight men are equal. The Gay marriage was about equal Rights and nothing more. I agree with the OP and I am sick and tired of homophobic Christians using the Bible to discriminate and demonize Gay people. Being a Christian is not about Hate, if your a Christian and you follow the teaching of what Christ teaches, he teaches us to love one another. No one is without sin! Christians have no right to judge, that is for G-d to decide. The Bible preaches about male and female prostitutes and idol worshiping. No where in the Bible does it talk about gay men and woman having a committed relationship. I seen the clobber passages and I have witness many Christian take it out of it's true context. I blame many of the churches for false teaching and brain washing their congregations because the ministries have a sick agenda. Apparently what some of the churches are teaching is to be a Christian one must be straight. People don't chose to be gay. You are born that way just as straight people are born straight. And there is plenty of science to back this argument up. The Bill has past! Lets move on...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Two things about your post: 1) I believe the HOLY vow of matrimony should be between a man and a woman. The legal right to wed is not an issue. 2) I resent being lumped in with homophobes just because I disagree. I can disagree without being afraid. That is nothing more than an insult.

I wont try to stop, eliminate, or prevent gay marriage. I am not threatened by it nor am I afraid of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Well thank you now I feel evolved and special not the one that was just born like some animal to breed and die. /sarcasm

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Informer1958

Two things about your post: 1) I believe the HOLY vow of matrimony should be between a man and a woman. The legal right to wed is not an issue. 2) I resent being lumped in with homophobes just because I disagree. I can disagree without being afraid. That is nothing more than an insult.

I wont try to stop, eliminate, or prevent gay marriage. I am not threatened by it nor am I afraid of it.

It is some people's opinion that you are a bigot and homophobe. That obviously offends you. It is your opinion that gay marriage is offensive to God. Some people resent that and find it nothing more than an insult, as they feel they are good and decent people who aren't hurting anyone, least of all God.

I fail to see the difference between you and the people that offend you. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is offended by the other's opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

And sometimes people will be uncomfortable with it. That's just how they act too. I think every one has something that other people do that bothers them or aggravates them or irks them. I don't think that's unusual at all. In fact, I would be suspicious of anyone who said nothing anyone else does ever bothers them. People are free to be whomever they want to be. And I am free to decide whether I am comfortable around them when we meet. Not everyone gets along for a huge variety of reasons. And sometimes people get along just fine. You never know.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Obama's science czar, John Holdren, talked about pushing the gay agenda as a means of population control in many of his books, along with forced abortions, sterilization etc. I could not care less about gay marriage, it is nothing but a distraction from the important issues, but there is most definitely a "gay agenda" being pushed by the elites for their own purposes.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

That's stupid. Gay people don't cause any noticeable decrease in the population growth rate, and even if it WAS becoming a problem, gay people can still breed regardless of their sexuality.

That's like saying a society of gay people will die out. Uh... no... I'm pretty damn sure that the lesbians can figure out how to use a turkey baster.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's not my idea, you can read about it in Holdren's book Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment. It's about how the elites can depopulate, and pushing the gay agenda was one of their concepts. And it got Holdren to czar.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Percentage of gays in society is steady. There might be less undercover gays with wifes and kids because of wider tolerance but I can't see gay epidemic only because two gays can marry lol

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join