It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALITY of Marriage Equality

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why are you so angry? Have I touched a chord? I've said none of the above.

Darth_Prime is my brother. I love him, does that bother you?

Darth is a wonder of creation, unique in all of space and time. There will NEVER be another Darth. However, His behavior is an abomination. It stands firm and resilient against Truth

Ignatian is a wonder of creation, unique in all of space and time. However, His behaviors are abominations. Alcoholism is a disorder. I am disordered. I am nowhere near the best version of Ignatian.

For starters...I stopped drinking. Kinda.

a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

that reads really creepy, like i feel very watched right now...

So, question: you feel i can stop my 'Disorder' kind of like how you stopped drinking?.. so serious question, how would i do that? like what are my steps?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Darth is a wonder of creation, unique in all of space and time. There will NEVER be another Darth. However, His behavior is an abomination. It stands firm and resilient against Truth

Ignatian is a wonder of creation, unique in all of space and time. However, His behaviors are abominations. Alcoholism is a disorder. I am disordered. I am nowhere near the best version of Ignatian.

It's interesting that you're comparing homosexuality to alcoholism, and think gay marriage should not be legal, so I must ask...

Should bars and liquor stores be illegal too, like gay marriage?

Why should you be able to force a christian version of sharia on others in a nation whose law says...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

edit on 5-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Have you "struck a chord"? ... no, but you did slam yourself in the foot with your harp ... I also noticed that your wings are held on with wire and are covered in ersatz glitter.

Who do you think *wants* to be your "brother"? ... why do you think your religious beliefs give you leave to claim familial relations with other people?

I've seen your type of "love" too many times. You don't love Darth or the real person behind the nickname, because if you had the slightest regard you wouldn't automatically be using the pronoun "him." Very likely, your understanding of what "love" has bears little relationship to what most humans feel.

Yeah, yeah, you have your understanding of abomination, I have mine. I find it fascinating that you patter on about your exclusive access to Truth ... and yet, you still haven't demonstrated where Jesus told you to judge others behavior and actions.

I mean, that's what you claimed, right? Show us your carte blanche from your Lord and Savior to judge others as you see fit!

(Good luck with your addiction! I'm sober 21 years last March.)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Every time i read your post, like, i get this Majestic Being floating above.. it's magic and i love it

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

"First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

"Take the speck out of your brothers eye"...is clear permission to judge other's behavior. Mathew Ch. 7, in case you'd like to read it in its' full context.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Truth is truth, no matter how you or I feel. There's no such thing as my version of Truth, and your version. Something is either true or it isn't. You're being a relativist, which is truly a mental disorder.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

"First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

"Take the speck out of your brothers eye"...is clear permission to judge other's behavior. Mathew Ch. 7, in case you'd like to read it in its' full context.

Do you approve of someone trying to force their religious rules on you? Then why try to force yours on others?

Liquor stores are legal, even though there are other type of religious people that don't approve of it. That's Freedom of Religion.

Gay marriage is legal, even though there are other type of religious people that don't approve of it. That's Freedom of Religion.

edit on 5-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So, what would be my steps, like what would cure me of Gay and Genderfluid and the other things that make me a disorder?
edit on 5-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

I'm familiar with the verse, just not with your unique interpretation, but let's move on and go with it.

So, you've cleared all the logs from your eyes then? Nothing clouding your vision? No sins of your own corrupting your discernment?

Jesus said the same thing in a different way: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

So, since you feel free to judge, you are yourself without sin? Without flaws? Without failings?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Truth is truth, no matter how you or I feel. There's no such thing as my version of Truth, and your version. Something is either true or it isn't. You're being a relativist, which is truly a mental disorder.

Truth is truth eh? Wow, that's really deep. So that implies such revolutionary concepts as up is up, down is down, and ignorance is bliss.

Wait, scratch that last one, it's technically a proverb.

With very few exceptions (say, at the quantum level) yes, truth is truth, a fact is a fact.

You don't get to speak everyone's "truth" though, at least in the sense you're claiming it ... and your Bible and your religion are not in any way "truth" to many, if not the majority of the world.

1. Can you point me to a diagnostic manual that classifies any version of "relativism" as a mental disorder? Wait, let me be specific, any reputable scientifically or medically based manual? To be clear, don't bother with anything published by The 700 Club or the Family Research Council.

2. Perhaps you're not clear on what the term relativist means. You're likely trying to imply that I stated that your truth and my truth are different ... nothing could be farther from the facts. What you call Truth is religious belief, not fact, not reality.
edit on 19Sun, 05 Jul 2015 19:39:18 -050015p072015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

And another... "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us."

How do we know to forgive someone for something, if we haven't judged their behavior to be offensive towards us? We judge them accordingly, by their actions, their behavior. We are the judge.

Plus, that's just common sense.

edit on 5-7-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You can't be taken serious if all you do is quote scriptures, how about your own opinions and answers to the question i and others asked?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You're quoting from the Lord's Prayer? LOL. Okay.

If by judging you mean "comprehending and understanding" then, yes.

But the way you have used "judging" to the point, you were talking about "making an evaluation of someone else in light of a standard, like the Bible" in your case, the specific thing that Jesus, very clearly on multiple occasions, forbade.

Actually, in distinction to the way you're trying to warp it to fit your argument, that part of The Lord's Prayer is an acknowledgement that everyone sins, and asks god to forgive our individual wrongdoings as we forgive the ones that are done to us.

You can certainly continue to judge if you wish, but remember the last part of Christ's maxim: Judge not that you not be judged, because you will be judged by the same measure you use against others.

Another reason to make sure your own house is completely clear ...

Best.

edit on 19Sun, 05 Jul 2015 19:54:45 -050015p072015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What is an ear for? What is its' purpose?

What is a penis for? What is its' purpose?

These straightforward questions have very distinct, straightforward, one or two word answers. We're talking about "Truth" now, I haven't said anything about God.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

What is an ear for? What is its' purpose?

What is a penis for? What is its' purpose?

These straightforward questions have very distinct, straightforward, one or two word answers. We're talking about "Truth" now, I haven't said anything about God.

Your questions are, pardon the pun, loaded.

Both ears and penises can serve many functions ... sometimes in tandem ... use your imagination!

Remember that your god hates a liar, even when you've had a few nips ... ready, now ...

When you referred to Truth, were you referring to God's Truth or not?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'm having a dialogue with you, I'm not judging you, I don't even know you. I'm not worthy to even judge myself, why would you think I could judge you?

But there's two aspects to this judging, I'm sure you know. Judgement of our soul, that's nobody's job but God's, period. In the here and now, in the physical world, we judge each other's actions, all the time. This is just a reality of being human. It's not a bad thing either.

It's always against a set of rules, norms or traditions that these actions are judged.

The gay community obviously wants to move the goal posts. Change the rules. Unfortunately they're arguing with the wall of Natural Law. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I'll take my chances.

Best.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If this behavior that is the outcome of a same sex attraction is so ordered, so normal, why the need to seek approval from all society in the most exasperating ways? Constantly! A psychiatrist could answer that for you, in case you're curious about the answer.

It reminds me of my kids, making up the most outlandish excuses for bad behavior. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. A lot about this issue reminds me of dealing with selfish, petulant, one-issue, tunnel vision children.

I think that's one of the reasons I don't fall for the cheesy, tired, worn out arguments that shuts up most folks who argue for traditional marriage as defined by the dictionary and common sense. It's cuz I have kids. I'm used to the routine.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I've never sought approval from society for anything in my life. EDIT: Honesty check. In my adult life. I probably, as a child and teenager, tried to get other people to like and appreciate me, but not "because I am gay."

What I have done, and worked for, and what the gay community has worked for, is to be treated equally by the law as an American citizen.

After 2003, I can't be arrested for being gay.
After 2012, I could serve in the armed forces as an out gay man.
After 2015, I can now marry my committed partner of 8 years.

Soon the EEOC will add sexual orientation and gender identity to the classes of people protected out of necessity against unfair discrimination, and I think we'll be pretty much full citizens, after only 220 years or so.

That's us getting closer every day.
In spite of your condescending, Neolithic beliefs!

Funny your alluding gays to children; that's exactly how I consider most adherents to your religion -- the equivalent of believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

edit on 20Sun, 05 Jul 2015 20:42:12 -050015p082015766 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join