It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALITY of Marriage Equality

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

yet you're still ignoring me
.. and i thought you loved me

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

yet you're still ignoring me
.. and i thought you loved me

Ah, the fickle finger of fate ... and "Christian" love.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A lot about this issue reminds me of dealing with selfish, petulant, one-issue, tunnel vision children.

It's not gay people's fault that others had no self-control and discriminated to try to treat them as inferiors without equal rights.
edit on 5-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

a bunch of scriptures, and promise of "Gods Love" slowly it turns into "Unnatural Behavior" and "selfish, petulant, one-issue, tunnel vision children" and yet no answer that was promised

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

First, having enough people on earth is not a reason to abandon ones faith. Having a large population doesn't exactly change the way the genders were meant to join or what the intended result of that union is. It does mean that care should be exercised in deciding if, when, and how many children you should have.

Second, there are more than enough judgmental non-Christians too.

Third, I care because I am being asked to accept it, tolerate it, support it, and pay for it with my tax dollars. I don't know if I would call marching down the middle of Main street wearing leather chaps with the ass cut out classy, or graceful, for that matter. I guess we all have our own definition of classy.

I will never be embarrassed for anything I said here. I do however feel pity for those who seem to hypocritically preach tolerance while being adamantly intolerant of any view other than their own.

I have looked very closely again at this thread. It comes down to pretty much one thing. The inability of a few people here to acknowledge the difference between a simple act of disagreeing and the extremes of bigotry. One person actually said its all a degree of bigotry. That statement indicates the belief that it is impossible to disagree without being a bigot. I am sorry, but that is simply not true. There may be stages or degrees of bigotry, but not everything is either agreement of bigotry. There is a vast gulf between a simple expression of disagreement and an extremist bigot. If you, or anyone else, cant accept and understand that then there is no reason to continue discussing this or anything else.

I can accept gay marriage even though I disagree with it. And in doing so, I am far more tolerant and accepting of others than they have been of me in this thread. Nothing short of complete and total abandonment of my beliefs will ever be good enough for them and I simply will not do that. I shouldn't have to and no reasonable person would ask me to. And I shouldn't have to suffer through incessant name calling for it. That is all coming from the classy and graceful people you mentioned.

Happy 4th of July. I hope it was a safe and happy holiday for you and yours.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Is it possible to disagree with a homosexual and not be a bigot?

Is it possible to disagree with Obama and not be a racist?

Is it possible to disagree with a liberal and not be a conservative?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Im not ignoring you sweetie, whatcha need?

a reply to: Darth_Prime

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No, no, and, ummm no.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To coin the famous speech title, I HAVE A DREAM, and even if the dream turns out to be only a daydream/fantasy, it's still on an unquestionably higher plane than the existing sad and clueless (and worse) "civilization," and it will always be a great source of energy, motivation for me:

My Dream is where the word "truth" -- at least in the context of ALL political power and influence -- is ALWAYS interchangeable ONLY with absolutely objective and PROVED fact(s), and NEVER referring to (unproved) opinion, belief, doctrine, dogma, blind (enough) faith etc., no matter how heartfelt and sincere the mere believer or propagandist is. REAL proof is as solid as it gets, where (at least minimally intelligent) argument is NOT EVEN POSSIBLE! Example: There is undeniable proof that living organisms are comprised of cells, which in turn comprise tissues, organs, organ systems and other organic matter of the organism. Anything less solid than that is NOT and NEVER WILL BE the real deal. Anything less is relativist BS or just BS period.

If any religious believer or other bigot wants to give me flack (again) about not having clear proof about homosexuality/bisexuality one way or the other, please read my post on page 8 about BURDEN of proof. YOU mob of witch hunters are the ones putting innocent people (effectively) on trial unnecessarily! Deliver the goods or be null and void, merely a pesky-noisy black hole. Case closed, pun intended. *gavel whack*

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Next?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You're very affectionate...

I was asking what Steps i would take to help my Gay and Genderfluid disorder, among i'm sure many other.. besides just quoting scriptures and saying to follow God, what are the steps

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightworth

All the proof you need is right within this thread, if pondered with a truthful conviction, or using the criteria of your quote.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I know you're just being facetious, but look out, and congratulations, you just took the first step brother.

P.s. What the heck is "genderfluid" lol. Do I need to know?

edit on 5-7-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

First of all, you've got to become a lot less fabulous.

Then, you're got to quit all that caring about others stuff.

Then, you've got to be a lot more arrogant and dishonest than you are.

Oh, and no more good "lovin'"

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well, i want to know what the steps are.. to be honest i'm not saying i would follow them, or agree with them.. but so many people say they can change us and i want to know whats the plan

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

But, But...no more Fabulous

the 12 steps

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Your laughably droning, ad nauseum (and then some), weak insistence that you're not even slightly bigoted, but simply "disagree with homosexuality" is like saying you disagree with nature itself, photosynthesis, cell replication etc., again, unless you could ever PROVE the legitimacy of your mere opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Whoever said they would change you was lying to you. Only you can change you, assuming you feel you need a change.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You probably wouldn't like it

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

How do you differentiate between disagreement and bigotry?

Is it possible to disagree with a homosexual about gay marriage without being a bigot?

Does everyone have to agree with you or face the label "bigot"?

Do you realize that name calling and stereotyping those of us who stand for what we believe is exactly what you don't want done to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join