It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Support? Or is just another Faked Globe Video?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

No they don't. There are people that have launched weather balloons and rockets that show a curved horizon in the pictures taken at high altitude. There are people that have flown in the U-2 that took pictures and video that show a curved horizon.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't think Alaska looks much like Antarctica as far as the terrain goes. But I'm sure you would have a different set of stars in the sky.

Apparently that means nothing to them.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It's not just the gov, it is independent scientist.

How about this, you like guns, how do you explain the coriolos effect?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

I would love for you to show me the curvature of the Earth from a photo on land.

Curveture.

Here ya go. Photo from the surface.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Greathouse

I have honestly never spoken with a flat earther?????

My natural question would be . Why do objects form Spheres in weightless environments ?

It's the lowest energy configuration. Which is also why water drops tend to form spheres, as much as they can.

Thanks But I was only attempting to lead him to an answer . That being that the same affect applies for planets also .

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The video is evidence of a spherical Earth. Notice how its in geostationary orbit. How would you have that kind of camera positioning with a flat Earth?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Who's mad?
It's hilarious.

I think it was a typo and he met sad !

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

How do you explain the curvature of the earth and the inability to see in a straight line ?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I see almost nobody wants to talk about the obviously edited photos

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Ever hear of the "lunar wave"?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
All I know is that in that bonus video you posted, rob skiba is definitely mistaking normal digital artifacting present in every single digital image file for nefarious photoshop techniques.

The reason there is a colored square artifact around the earth in that first photo is due to the algorithm that saves the image when it is digitally processed. All of the black "space" is the same exact info copied over and over. When the algorithm gets to the earth, it's a new set of info because it's a different color. Thus, creating the colored square that appears when the image variables are adjusted in photoshop. This is called MPEG compression, and it is used to conserve space on digital files. Any photo saved to a computer, be it analogue film or a digital photo, becomes a compressed digital file that has been created using algorithms that produce these artifacts when magnified extensively. Think of it like ur pc's LCD screen pixels, that digital image is actually just tiny squares of an approximation of the actual photo.

Now, for the other photo of the earth with the duplicate cloud formations. I'm going to guess that is either due to long exposure or due to stitching. That isn't one big picture of the earth. Like google maps, that image is a composite of several images stacked together to form a single shot of the earth. And here's the kicker, each shot is not taken at the exact same moment. And the clouds are moving, and the earth is moving, and the camera is also moving in orbit around the earth. So, therefore the same cloud is duplicated multiple times, because it's actually multiple images stitched together. U would need a mighty large camera or be mighty far away to get the whole earth in a single shot. A long exposure would be the same principle, but the camera's aperture would be open for an extended period of time, and the clouds would move and this would create a similar duplicating effect.

It's not that the guy is wrong for questioning NASA. Everyone should constantly question everything. And hell, maybe they are digitally painting the sky and sloppily copy and pasting the same cloud formations right next to each other, but I would hedge my bet to normal errors in a imperfect science of photography. The guy is just ignorant to photography and the digitizing process. a reply to: ThreeDeuce

edit on 27-6-2015 by SheepDipped because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDeuce

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

We can see the three dimensional orientation of the moon. It doesn't look like a flat disk it looks like a ball.

I have never seen anything other than the front of the moon. I personally like proof in what I can see, or what I can test. It's mighty coincidental that you we have pictures of a side of the moon that we never see, and that's enough proof for most people.

I don't even want to get into the idea that the moon is geo-locked with us. That's absurd in itself

What do you mean its absurd that the moon is geo-locked? You mean it is absurd that the moon is bound by the gravitational pull of the Earth? Why is that absurd?

You keep saying that people who understand the Earth is round only have come to that conclusion because of indoctrination. However, most rational. intelligent people UNDERSTAND that the earth is round, because we can SCIENTIFICALLY prove it.

We have thousands of satellites orbiting the Earth. Do you think EVERY country that has satellites up is in on some GRAND conspiracy to trick people into believing the earth is flat? Why?

You do realize that you yourself can PROVE to yourself via physics that the Earth is round. Have you ever studied physics? Through mathematics and physics you can come to know ALL of the movements of the Earth, along with its shape.

Also, considering the way gravity works, why would you think the Earth is flat? Objects come together to form a SPHERE in space, not some sort of line. Why would every other body in space be round, EXCEPT the Earth?
edit on 6/27/2015 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SheepDipped

Rob Skiba is a film maker by profession. I am sure that he is quite familiar with compression artifacts.

From his website

Rob Skiba is an award winning documentary filmmaker and the best selling author of several books including: Babylon Rising: And The First Shall Be Last and Archon Invasion: The Rise, Fall and Return of the Nephilim. As an “ancient Nephilim theorist,” Rob brings a unique and often unheard perspective to the UFO/alien discussion. As such, he has become an internationally recognized public speaker on these subjects, often appearing on paranormal and prophecy talk shows and as a featured, keynote speaker at conferences all around the world.

Link

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hhh

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Of course, if you go to where you can see a large part of the horizon (the prairies, for instance), you'll notice a curvature to the Earth.

Flat Earth Theory? And you're assuming that "Globe Earth" is just a theory ?

You're hilarious.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012
Also, considering the way gravity works, why would you think the Earth is flat? Objects come together to form a SPHERE in space, not some sort of line. Why would every other body in space be round, EXCEPT the Earth?

The typical explanation I see from FE people is that the other planets are actually holograms by TPTB used to try and convince us that planets are round.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: occrest
Well then he is deliberately lying to his audience. Because that colorful box around the earth in that NASA photo is not due to copy and pasting techniques as he would like u to believe.  It is due to the color of the black space being repeated in the algorithm to save space. Then when the algorithm gets to the blue globe, it now has to write new code for the new data of blue instead of black, thus creating the digital artifact. 

Here is a technical explanation:  
"MPEG-2 first exploits temporal redundancy through motion estimation and then proceeds to spatially subdivide the image in 8x8 blocks upon which the DCT (Discrete Cosine Transform) is applied to exploit spatial redundancy. Compression is done by quantizing resulting DCT coefficients and re-ordering them to maximize the probability of long runs of zeroes, and then run-length coded. Finally a Huffman encoding scheme is used. The whole process allows for great savings in terms of bit-rate ratio (>10:1).

However, these savings don’t come free, and because the codec discards some of the original video information, there can be serious side-effects; MPEG-2 is what we call a lossy codec. It discards image information believed to be of lesser visual importance. The more you want to compress, the further away you get from the look of the original image. Image quality and fidelity now depends on the chosen (or often imposed) level of compression. And since that is directly tied to the available bandwidth, we must ask ourselves when is the video simply too compressed?"

www.embedded.com...

edit on 28-6-2015 by SheepDipped because: Formatting

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Of course, if you go to where you can see a large part of the horizon (the prairies, for instance), you'll notice a curvature to the Earth.

Of course you can. You can also see it from on top of a mountain, from the tops of tall buildings, or even from atop a good sized hill.

Those arguing in favor of a flat Earth are just trolling (I hope).

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
the earth is not FLAT, if you want proof without having to go space just look at a rainbow its that simple, the curve of the rainbow is the curvature of the earth,

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: angrymob

What?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join