It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Support? Or is just another Faked Globe Video?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Pfft. "Physics" is mostly made up of people guessing. Evidence can be made to fit whatever you want it to fit. If critical thinking was truly being used, this would all be obvious.

Oh my...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

originally posted by: EvillerBob
Pfft. "Physics" is mostly made up of people guessing. Evidence can be made to fit whatever you want it to fit. If critical thinking was truly being used, this would all be obvious.

That may just be the most grossly incorrect and ignorant statement I've seen today. ATS never ceases to amaze.

Far from it.

The entire process of "physics" is that something is observed, people come up with an idea for why it works that way, fiddle with some variables, and the process is observed some more to see if it fits with the theory. A few smatterings of correlation and hey presto! they've magically transformed it into causation.

They're only guessing they understand why it works. They're only guessing they've fiddled with the right variables.

All of physics is simply wild guesswork and fiddling.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: AmericanZombie

No they don't. There are people that have launched weather balloons and rockets that show a curved horizon in the pictures taken at high altitude. There are people that have flown in the U-2 that took pictures and video that show a curved horizon.

Which is the same effect you'd get if you were looking at the curved edge of a flat disc.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
why did they make the moon round, but the earth flat?

Crafty bastards!

Oh $n!p, that's funny as#*+* Great answer

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I can't figure out if you're trolling, or if you really are just unbelievably ignorant when it comes to anything involving physics/science that requires a 3rd grade or higher education. I'm really hoping it's the former.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I for one have decided to fully embrace the possibility of the world being flat. OP's video has convinced me.

Seems that is a very exclusive club you belong to...too bad science has proven that wrong as early as 300 BC.

Only for those Luddites that seem to accept "science" as gospel. Worse than that, even, as at least the gospels are based on fact, not wild guesswork like "science".

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The gospels are based in facts but science isn't?

No shock you didn't know what oblique means with that kind of statement.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So, the shadow cast on the moon (from "underneath" the Earth disc if you like) would be round.

But the sun is said to above the disc and travels in a circle above the flat earth opposite to the moon circling above.

I think that is what the flat earth theory says.

If my memory is correct about the sun and moon in the flat earth theory, what would be the light source underneath the earth disc then?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I for one have decided to fully embrace the possibility of the world being flat. OP's video has convinced me.

Seems that is a very exclusive club you belong to...too bad science has proven that wrong as early as 300 BC.

Only for those Luddites that seem to accept "science" as gospel. Worse than that, even, as at least the gospels are based on fact, not wild guesswork like "science".

Nevermind my last post....You just answered my question.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Now I know this has to be trolling...

When someone says the gospels are based on fact and not wild guesswork like science..

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
But the sun is said to above the disc and travels in a circle above the flat earth opposite to the moon circling above.

I think that is what the flat earth theory says.

If my memory is correct about the sun and moon in the flat earth theory, what would be the light source underneath the earth disc then?

It's an interesting question. Unlike the scientists, I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know the answer.

Perhaps there's another sun that's below the Earth? Perhaps we actually orbit a large star (the land side facing outwards at all times) and what we think of as our "sun" is simply a smaller starlet that is in some kind of binary orbit with the moon? That would make a lot of sense and answer some of the questions quite neatly. Occam's razor and all that.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Which is the same effect you'd get if you were looking at the curved edge of a flat disc.

So now I have a question...or two.

Why is it when we see the Earth from space we don't see all of the continents in them?

You see if the Earth were flat we should see them, yet we don't...why is that?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Alrighty then,
I have been away for a while......I thought the whole "flat earth" thing had been settled years and years ago.
What is bringing it back up now and why? Seriously I like to know.
I noticed several YouTube vids recently on this but didn't watch.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
I have been away for a while......I thought the whole "flat earth" thing had been settled years and years ago.

Wait, let me fix that for you....

The flat earth thing had been settled centuries and centuries ago...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Why is it when we see the Earth from space we don't see all of the continents in them?

Selective editing by NASA. That's the entire premise of this thread, after all.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Selective editing by NASA. That's the entire premise of this thread, after all.

So NASA is the only group to have been to space ? No other nation but America has ever been there to take pics?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Wait, let me fix that for you....

What needed fixing? How is what I said any different? Jeez, some people.......

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

So NASA is the only group to have been to space ? No other nation but America has ever been there to take pics?

That might be a bit of a topic drift, but there are some who say that.

Also, NASA pretty much do what TPTB tell them, as do many other nations.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

What needed fixing? How is what I said any different? Jeez, some people.......

The definition of a joke from the dictionary..

JOKE: something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That might be a bit of a topic drift, but there are some who say that.
Also, NASA pretty much do what TPTB tell them, as do many other nations.

It's not topic drift, you specifically said " Selective editing by NASA. That's the entire premise of this thread, after all"

My question to clarify that is asking if any other nations besides America have taken pictures of Earth from space.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join