It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Support? Or is just another Faked Globe Video?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

That might be a bit of a topic drift, but there are some who say that.

No there isn't.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Selective editing by NASA. That's the entire premise of this thread, after all.

Wow and all along I thought this was about someone claiming the Earth was flat.

And the OP video is from a Russian satellite and has nothing to do with NASA, so now how is NASA doing anything?

Here you go all about that Russian satellite that NASA is selectively editing.

www.russianspaceweb.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Tru dat.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If I throw a cream pie in someone's face the cream will drip down the front of their shirt. Physics proves this. Wanna test it? I'll be right back . Stand over there and you might want to shut your eyes.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Alrighty then,
I have been away for a while......I thought the whole "flat earth" thing had been settled years and years ago.
What is bringing it back up now and why? Seriously I like to know.
I noticed several YouTube vids recently on this but didn't watch.

Because the mother of idiots is always pregnant.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And the OP video is from a Russian satellite and has nothing to do with NASA, so now how is NASA doing anything?

Exactly my point. It's still NASA doing the selective editing.

Like I said, there are some that question how independent the other nations' space programs actually are.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The Earth is not round!.

This has been proven.

It is an oblate spheroid.

Seriously, where do people get these crazy notions?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: network dude
why did they make the moon round, but the earth flat?

Crafty bastards!

Sure about that? Have you ever seen the moon spin around?

It's a little bit convenient that we only ever see one side of the moon. Just like it was some kind of... flat object.

I for one have decided to fully embrace the possibility of the world being flat. OP's video has convinced me.

Ever seen a lunar eclipse? I have. Or is the moon round but flat? Like a big pizza pie? That's amore.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek
The Earth is not round!.

This has been proven.

and these were proven by what? Math and theory? Look at physical proof, and true science proves flat. Airplanes don't fly down, lighthouses don't beam down, NASA fakes earth photos.

The moon doesn't make sense. It is locked perfectly. It has been for years. Perfectly. So this would require a perfect system, but it is not..... They say the moon is moving away from us. They say the Earth is oblong, so would have an oblong field of influence. Even as the moon moves away, it stays perfectly locked in geo synchronised orbit with us? Doesn't make sense to me. With a sphere, and with steady distance. Yes.

Part of their truths are lies. Why follow other "truths" without taking a full impartial scientific research into it for yourself. Look at the plane of water at great distance. There is a 6 mile lock in UK, perfectly straight, with no decline over the distance.

There is so much more, and I am putting together a video. Not looking to debate if you say that "it has been proven". Have you researched how it can be disproven?

I say this from the opinion of a full globe supporter 2 months ago. I was quickly a skeptic, ands now I am a full flatter.
edit on 29-6-2015 by ThreeDeuce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

Question, you say we all can't know it is round because we haven't seen it.

Have you seen the world flat?

Or are you just using math and theory to prove you point...

There is a 6 mile lock in UK, perfectly straight, with no decline to horizon.

Holy mother of god, that proves it.

SIX MILES?!? PERFECTLY STRAIGHT?!

Where is your science now round earthers!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Question, you say we all can't know it is round because we haven't seen it.

Have you seen the world flat?

Or are you just using math and theory to prove you point...

There is a 6 mile lock in UK, perfectly straight, with no decline to horizon.

Holy mother of god, that proves it.

SIX MILES?!? PERFECTLY STRAIGHT?!

Where is your science now round earthers!!!

Your response there shows that you have not researched the math behind the globular Earth. Over 6 miles there is (36x8) inches of decline because of the circumference of the Earth. I didn't do the math there, but is around 280 inches of decline. This is much more than the zero observed.

And yes, I have looked at the horizon of the ocean, and seen zero curve.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And there is zero decline because you say so right?

I know this sounds crazy, but would you really be able to notice at a glance 280 inches in six miles?

Now were are talking a even bigger scale and what it would take to notice it...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

That horizon IS your evidence of curvature.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

That horizon IS your evidence of curvature.

Why, just because you can only see a few hundred miles, and if you travel a few hundred miles, you will see a few hundred more? All that proves is our eyesight is limited to a few hundred miles. (and please don't mention the moon as we can see that too, since it's fake and all)

Oh, and don't EVER look for the ISS to fly over your head. (it's not real)

I think the chemtrails were used to hide flat Niburu and provide a backdrop for the huge projector that displays the fake sky.

spotthestation.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Exactly my point. It's still NASA doing the selective editing.

Well...

You do understand that Russia operates their own satellites and the pics it takes...NASA has nothing to do with what Russia releases concerning their satellites.

They don't, but when it comes to the OP they aren't.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The earth is a sphere it is known

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDeuce

originally posted by: spygeek
The Earth is not round!.

This has been proven.

and these were proven by what? Math and theory? Look at physical proof, and true science proves flat. Airplanes don't fly down, lighthouses don't beam down, NASA fakes earth photos.

You're kidding, right? Physical proof and true science proves flat? Again I ask, where do people get these crazy notions? Aeroplanes fly around, lighthouses beam photons across.. these examples are not evidence..

How do sattelites orbit a flat earth?

What possible motivation could NASA have for manipulating images in order to dissuade us from thinking the earth is flat?

The moon doesn't make sense. It is locked perfectly. It has been for years. Perfectly. So this would require a perfect system, but it is not..... They say the moon is moving away from us. They say the Earth is oblong, so would have an oblong field of influence. Even as the moon moves away, it stays perfectly locked in geo synchronised orbit with us? Doesn't make sense to me. With a sphere, and with steady distance. Yes.

The moon is tidally locked with the earth. What is so difficult to understand about that?

A tidally locked body takes just as long to rotate around its own axis as it does to revolve around its partner. This causes one hemisphere constantly to face the partner body.

It is possible for the moon to be tidally locked and moving away from us. Eventually, it will have moved far enough away for the duration of its orbit to be longer than the duration of its rotation, and an observer would begin to see more than the one side we currently see.

No one in the scientific community says the earth is oblong.. no idea who the "they" you refer to are..

Part of their truths are lies. Why follow other "truths" without taking a full impartial scientific research into it for yourself. Look at the plane of water at great distance. There is a 6 mile lock in UK, perfectly straight, with no decline over the distance.

I would humbly ask the same of you. The Earth has been measured to curve approx. 8 inches per mile. This 6 mile lock would have a measurable curve of 48inches over it's length. Where have you found the claim it has no measurable curve?

There is so much more, and I am putting together a video. Not looking to debate if you say that "it has been proven". Have you researched how it can be disproven?

Admittedly until now I had not, but in the ten minutes of study into how it is claimed to have been disproven, I have to say I am completely unconvinced. The theory falls apart before it even begins.. if you have any kind of evidence I would enjoy reading it, but I can say right now that there is none.

Answer these questions with scientific certainty and I will take your claims seriously..
How can a satellite orbit a flat earth?
How did a flat earth form?
How does gravity work on a flat earth?
What's underneath, or on the bottom, of a flat earth?
How does one travel in one direction continuously and yet end up where they started on a flat earth?

If you're going to make a video, cover these points first, before you start going on about NASA faking photographs and planes not flying "down".

I say this from the opinion of a full globe supporter 2 months ago. I was quickly a skeptic, ands now I am a full flatter.

How did this occur? Please don't tell me you're another victim of baseless YouTube propaganda..

edit on 29-6-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh, and don't EVER look for the ISS to fly over your head. (it's not real)

No doubt. It could be easily faked. Just use a plane that can fly 17,000 mph!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The Flat-Earth-Theorie has bugged me a while, until I was led to this youtube video. This video should allegedly prove the flat earth based on flight routes, however it actually shows the opposite: it proves the spherical shape of earth. The example uses the flight route from SYDNEY to SANTIAGO (Chile) – which are on opposite sides of the FET-map.

Direct flight [Sydney-Santiago] (7000 miles)
Duration: 13 hours

Flight with breakpoints [Sydney-SanFrancisco-Houston-Santiago] (14000 miles)
Duration: 34 hours, of which 7 hours are waiting times of breakpoints. That means 27h pure flight.

If you look at the picture below, you can see the flight routes for both flights. The latter flight route with breakpoints is practically the same route like the direct flight, with an additional 2 breakpoints. This also means that the total flight time with breakpoints should only last 13h (direct flight time)+7h (waiting times) = 20h total time... and despite the total time is 34h. Now where do these 14 hours come from if not from a greater length? This only works with a ball shape and nothing else.

PS: the average speed of a boeing 747 is about 550 miles/hour, which confirms both flight durations and both lengths of the routes. Of course flight routes won't always take a direct path like shown above, but they never use exaggerated curved paths costing 14 hours (!) of time.

PPS: also note that the guy in the video says he doesn't believe the direct flights exist, but fact is, they do exist in multiple flight offerings and companies. And you can actually book them!

PPPS: All here is fact and not speculation. Feel free to rub this in the face of anyone still promoting the earth is flat. For all the FET-promoters: now GTFO and remove your stupid forums, videos, speculations, money-making-attention-whore attempts, who blatantly ignore these verifyable facts. You only contribute to the misinformation out there. SHAME ON YOU!

edit on 3-7-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi all, we were discussing FE on another thread and I presented ways to test the theory that do not rely on NASA or any government. These points were never addressed by FE supporters so is it OK to bring them up again here?

1 - Lunar eclipses. For the earth to cast a shadow on the moon the earth needs to be between the moon and sun. The standard FE model has the moon and sun both 'above' the disc, so lunar eclipses should never happen, if the moon goes 'behind' the disc then the eclipse would not be viewable anyway. All lunar eclipses are explainable and predicable using the globe model.

2 - The FE model has a way for what we normally think of as northern hemisphere countries to have longer days than nights (and an arctic midnight sun), but not the southern. Can some ATSers in a southern hemisphere country confirm or refute that the day is longer than the night in your summers?

3 - ATSers in northerm hemisphere could confirm that the stars appear to rotate anti-clockwise around the pole star, ATSers in the southern hemisphere could confirm that they rotate clockwise around the south celestial pole. Videos can be made and shared (not by me I don't know how to do that lol).

4 - Who saw the transits of venus in 2012 and 2004? For that to happen venus has to eclipse the sun, FE model doesn't provide a way for this to happen. Globe does.

5 - We could check the ISS tracking data isn't made up by having different ATSers confirm it passing overhead, then mark the time and places of sightings on both a globe and an FE map just to see what each path looks like.

6 - We go on an expedition to the south pole (lol joke).

7 - Another member mentioned the Volvo Ocea boat race. Try plotting the route on a flat earth map and you'll see that there would be no way to complete the race in the times that people do it. (I think leg 5 of the route was the clincher)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join