It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Support? Or is just another Faked Globe Video?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

I was just wondering... why would anybody...in this time and age...or any other....want people to believe the earth is flat, round, square or any other shape or form? It is just plain useless and stupid. So let us just assume and accept it is round?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

In a lunar eclipse the light source, the sun is behind the earth and our shadow is cast upon the moon. . A sphere is a 3D circle who's shadow is round. Come on you said you didn't believe the flat earth theory why spend so much energy defending it?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I think you disclaimer in the OP is a lie. I think you whole heartedly believe and defend this. Come on own it. You are a flat earther. A few years from now when it's time to start college this may hold you back or even work against you in admissions.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

You give them more credit than I would; I wouldn't think flat-Earthers would even make it through high-school.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ok. You're right we're all wrong.
THREAD CLOSED ISSUE HAS BEEN SETTLED. WE LIVE ON A SHEET OF PAPER CAUGHT IN AN UPDRAFT IN SPACE.
edit on 6282015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Lies! Everyone knows we live on the back of a giant turtle!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here just want to add this for you Flat Earthers out there...

www.smarterthanthat.com...

www.physlink.com...

physics.stackexchange.com...

In approximately 300 B.C., Eratosthenes, a Greek mathematician living in Alexandria, devised a method of calculating the circumference of the Earth and in doing so, provided evidence to support his long held belief that the Earth is a sphere.

From the results of the experiment, Eratosthenes deduced that the towns could not be on a flat surface and that they must, instead be on the surface of a sphere. He went on to calculate the circumference of the Earth by the following simple reasoning:

He knew that Assouan lay due south of Alexandria at a distance of 580 statute miles. He reasoned that if the Earth were indeed a sphere, then a line drawn around its surface would describe a circle. Since there are 360o degrees in a circle and since 7.2o is one fiftieth of 360o, the distance from Alexandria to Assouan must be one fiftieth of the circumference of the Earth. Therefore, the circumference of the Earth, according to Eratosthenes, must be 50 x 580, that is 29000 statute miles.

The latest measurements show that the correct distance from Alexandria to Assouan is 500 miles and if Eratosthenes had known this, the result of his calculation of the Earth’s circumference would have been: 50 x 500 = 25000 statute miles.

Eratosthenes believed that the Earth is a perfect sphere and the above calculations were based on that assumption. However, we now know that the Earth is in fact an oblate spheroid (i.e. it bulges at the Equator). For this reason, there can be no single value for its circumference but the value generally accepted as its mean circumference is 24825.8 statute miles and when we consider that this measurement was made with the use of modern technology, it is quite remarkable that it is not too far removed from the findings of Eratosthenes whose only form of technology was the ‘shadow stick’.

astronavigationdemystified.com...

And that was in 300 BC...imagine that.
edit on 28-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Every one of us who's been high up in a plane know you can see the curvature of the earth. You made the claim a few posts back that you believe what you see with your own eyes. You've never been up in a plane? I have. Many times. I've seen this.

On another note science shows us that humans make bad eyewitnesses because our brains will fill in information based on past experiences to complete a memory. Have you ever seen that tv show Brain Games ?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
To be clear on the above post. That up high in a plane not high up in a plane LOL.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

SO explain sunrise and sunset. We can even communicate if you're far away from me and its night where I am and light where you are. A cell phone will prove it because we can see each other while we talk.

But really dude just give it up. The earth isn't flat and you know it.
And we have way more evidence than a NASA mosaic photograph as proof.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

To be clear on the above post. That up high in a plane not high up in a plane LOL.

Either way you still see the curvature of the Earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
why did they make the moon round, but the earth flat?

Crafty bastards!

Sure about that? Have you ever seen the moon spin around?

It's a little bit convenient that we only ever see one side of the moon. Just like it was some kind of... flat object.

I for one have decided to fully embrace the possibility of the world being flat. OP's video has convinced me.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

All the proof you need for a globe is a lunar eclipse. Our shadow on the moon is round. If the earth were flat there would be a flat shadow. Like a bar across the moon.
Plus we have pictures of the earth from space.

Not at all. The Earth and the Moon are both flat discs, but they are parallel and facing each other. So, the shadow cast on the moon (from "underneath" the Earth disc if you like) would be round.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

We can see the three dimensional orientation of the moon. It doesn't look like a flat disk it looks like a ball.
Plus we went to the moon and we have pictures of the other side.
Plus I have an app that turns the moon and I can see the other side. You can see photos of the other side online.
If you argue this point too strongly people will think you believe the earth is flat no matter how many disclaimers you post.

But who tells us this, exactly?

I have an app that makes my phone pretend it's a tricorder. It doesn't make it a real tricorder.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

If you calculate the mathematics it actually does add up to a oblique.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The answer is indoctrination.

No. The answer is physics, evidence, and mostly critical thinking.

Pfft. "Physics" is mostly made up of people guessing. Evidence can be made to fit whatever you want it to fit. If critical thinking was truly being used, this would all be obvious.

The so-called "science" of "Physics" is little more than nailing correlation to the wall and calling it causation.

I expected so much better from a mind like yours

edit on 28-6-2015 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Please show some evidence research on it is deleted.
www.scar.org...

I did once read a website that went into explicit detail about all the research that has been deleted.

Then the website got deleted.

I was like... woah.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
Pfft. "Physics" is mostly made up of people guessing. Evidence can be made to fit whatever you want it to fit. If critical thinking was truly being used, this would all be obvious.

That may just be the most grossly incorrect and ignorant statement I've seen today. ATS never ceases to amaze.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargazers

If you calculate the mathematics it actually does add up to a oblique.

Because I don't know what oblique means, I'm going to assume that you're agreeing with me.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sure about that? Have you ever seen the moon spin around?

No need to as space agencies have seen the dark side and have actually provided video for us.

www.space.com...

It's a little bit convenient that we only ever see one side of the moon. Just like it was some kind of... flat object.

Here is why we only see one side of the moon.

I for one have decided to fully embrace the possibility of the world being flat. OP's video has convinced me.

Seems that is a very exclusive club you belong to...too bad science has proven that wrong as early as 300 BC.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join