It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The republic of Australia.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
Where did your ancestors come from though?

Where did the ancestors of the aboriginals come from? They were not always here.....

edit on 28-6-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
No every law passed in Australia has to be approved by the English government here is one members.iimetro.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

I have forgotten the website I first found the official court documents that proved in an Australian court that the government of Australia had no power there are three professors that have been working on this for around 20 years Britain had to change their constitution in 1965 to incorporate Australian legislation or something can't remember exactly.

Of course you also have the American Invasion of Australia on the 11-11-1975 (which virtually no-one knows about) the day the Americans had Gough Whitlam removed, even under the freedom of information act Australia will not say who owns them (they are a registered corporation in America who look like they are controlled by british Israel according to the link I proveided) Australia has the second largest amount of minerals in the ground only south Africa have more Australia is being completely raped by the American Zionists almost all of the businesses have been moved out of Australia over the last 40 years and trillions of dollars of minerals are being stolen out of the ground. In last years budget a financial adviser called Koch who appears on morning TV went through the books and said he could save the Australian people 70 billion dollars a year yet a week later the budget was announced by joe hockey who said he had to take another 13 billion dollars from the Australian people. the amount of money that goes towards financing the military and pharmaceutical industries is scandalous with them receiving billions of dollars under the guise of the threat of invasion from the Indonesians which is pure fabrication as the governments are best of buddies with the military even supplying weapons to the Indonesian government so they can slaughter hundreds of thousands of West Papuans the Indonesian government have killed 500 thousand of these people just because they want independence,

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

FYI - there is no such thing as the "English Government"..

There hasn't been for over 300 years.

Oh, there is no British Constitution either - not a codified one anyway. The only thing of note that happened in 1965 was the first appointment of an Australian born Governor-General.
edit on 28/6/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73
a reply to: tothetenthpower
No every law passed in Australia has to be approved by the English government

No law passed in Australia has to be approved by anyone else but Australians....

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
yeah I need to find the court document that proves this. ok here is a book that details the facts

the case was settled in Melbourne at the high court on December 15 1998 by justice hayne declaring that Australia had domestic sovereignty not international and Australian citizens have no civil rights whatsoever

here is the file/book its 40mb so its quite big but if you are genuinely interested these are the facts.

www.themeasuringsystemofthegods.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason
was this to do with the introduction of roman law?
oh you are being pedantic are you british isn't it amazing how they divide us all.
edit on 29-6-2015 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Roman Law? No.....

If you honestly don't know why there is no "English " government then it calls into question your entire post as you clearly don't have a clue.

It's not being pedantic - it's being accurate and factual.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

the case was settled in Melbourne at the high court on December 15 1998 by justice hayne declaring that Australia had domestic sovereignty not international and Australian citizens have no civil rights whatsoever

How about quoting exactly what he said, and state the court case he was supposed to have said it in.... if you can!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Complete legislative independence was finally established by the Australia Act 1986, passed by the United Kingdom Parliament as well as those of the Commonwealth and States. It removed the possibility of legislation being enacted at the consent and request of a dominion, and applied to the States as well as the Commonwealth. It also provided for the complete abolition of appeals to the Privy Council from any Australian court. The Australia Act represented an important symbolic break with Britain, emphasised by Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Australia to sign the legislation personally.

I am pretty sure every time we pass a new law we dont rip of a fax to England and say can you sign this and send it back .

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Any Aussie who declines to show there support for Australia becoming a independent Republic, is just soft in the head, imo.

I'd have said it the other way around.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher
Any Aussie who declines to show there support for Australia becoming a independent Republic, is just soft in the head, imo.

Any Aussie who wants a republic with no clue at all what it will entail, or what it will mean is soft in the head!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Azureblue
It turns out that our government is a privately owned business that is registered on the new york stock exchange, as are all the government departments and as are our banks.

What a silly story - where did you get such nonsense from? It sounds like OPPT or freeman nonsense!

I think that makes us a privately owned country of the Federal Reserve.

The government has usurped the constitution by changing it in a way other than is provided for in the constitution.

Perhaps you might like to consider doing your own research.
Care to show us exactly where that was done?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Complete legislative independence was finally established by the Australia Act 1986, passed by the United Kingdom Parliament as well as those of the Commonwealth and States. It removed the possibility of legislation being enacted at the consent and request of a dominion, and applied to the States as well as the Commonwealth. It also provided for the complete abolition of appeals to the Privy Council from any Australian court. The Australia Act represented an important symbolic break with Britain, emphasised by Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Australia to sign the legislation personally.

I am pretty sure every time we pass a new law we dont rip of a fax to England and say can you sign this and send it back .

No, we don't need to seek permission in England specifically. Just the Governor General, who resides in Canberra and represents the crown.

It does seem the Queen has some extraordinary powers to dictate how the Australian parliament operates. The crown seems to have far more power (in theory) to interfere into Australia's democratic process than even UK's democratic process.

However, there are some powers which the Governor-General may, in certain circumstances, exercise without – or contrary to – ministerial advice. These are known as the reserve powers. While the reserve powers are not codified as such, they are generally agreed to at least include:

The power to appoint a Prime Minister if an election has resulted in a ‘hung parliament’;
The power to dismiss a Prime Minister where he or she has lost the confidence of the Parliament;
The power to dismiss a Prime Minister or Minister when he or she is acting unlawfully; and
The power to refuse to dissolve the House of Representatives despite a request from the Prime Minister.

In addition, the Governor-General has a supervisory role to see that the processes of the Federal Executive Council are conducted lawfully and regularly.

In essence then, the Governor-General’s role is to protect the Constitution and to facilitate the work of the Commonwealth Parliament and Government. For example, before giving assent to legislation, the Governor-General must be satisfied that the proposed law has passed both Houses of Parliament and that the necessary certification from the Attorney-General has been obtained.

In summary, the Governor-General has many important constitutional, ceremonial and community duties to perform. For example, the Governor-General:

dissolves the Parliament and issues writs for new elections;
commissions the Prime Minister and appoints other Ministers after elections;
gives assent to laws when they have been passed by the two Houses of Parliament – the Senate and the House of Representatives**;
acts on the advice of Ministers through the Executive Council to issue regulations and proclamations under existing laws; to appoint Federal Judges; to appoint Australian Ambassadors and High Commissioners to foreign countries, to appoint other senior Government officials; to establish Royal Commissions of Inquiry; and other matters, as required by particular legislation;
authorises many other executive decisions by Ministers such as approving treaties with foreign governments.

Govenor Generals role

The question is, do we as an (apparent) independent nation want an obsolete non-elected tourist attraction authority figure, to have such powers over our own political process?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

How about quoting exactly what he said, and state the court case he was supposed to have said it in.... if you can!

umm No I can't (this is why I gave you a link) you know you lot are a funny bunch I provide you with information that you did not know about then you try and attack me what has become of the human race.

I suggest you do the research yourself me I could not give a flying fcuk
I'm a bit more worried about our planet becoming extinct and people being tortured and murdered because they want freedom rather than a system that is used to keep us as slaves I'm also more interested in why the Australian military are giving torture machines which are being made in Adelaide to the Indonesian DM88 police group being paid for by Australian money but of course you will only be interested in trying to discredit it as I can't provide the order number and shipping dockets I suppose.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
It does seem the Queen has some extraordinary powers to dictate how the Australian parliament operates.

Wrong, the only power she has is to appoint the Governor General the PM nominates.

The crown seems to have far more power (in theory) to interfere into Australia's democratic process than even UK's democratic process.

Care to show us the power she has in Australia?

The question is, do we as an (apparent) independent nation want an obsolete non-elected tourist attraction authority figure, to have such powers over our own political process?

Yes we do, when the alternative is a popularly elected personality!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

umm No I can't

Of course you cannot, as it was never said!

I suggest you do the research yourself

So you want me to research something that was never said.... you made the claim, it is up to you to back that claim up!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Wrong, the only power she has is to appoint the Governor General the PM nominates.

Yeah mate......... So who does the Governor General represent? C'mon fella, it's a really easy one.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

The Queen has what is know as " Reserve Powers" These include the power to dismiss a government, which would be carried out by The Governor General on her behalf.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The Queen has what is know as " Reserve Powers" These include the power to dismiss a government, which would be carried out by The Governor General on her behalf.

Wrong....,

The reply from the Queen's Private Secretary, Sir Martin Charteris, dated 17 November 1975, stated: As we understand the situation here, the Australian Constitution firmly places the prerogative powers of the Crown in the hands of the Governor-General as the representative of the Queen of Australia. The only person competent to commission an Australian Prime Minister is the Governor-General, and The Queen has no part in the decisions which the Governor-General must take in accordance with the Constitution. Her Majesty, as Queen of Australia, is watching events in Canberra with close interest and attention, but it would not be proper for her to intervene in person in matters which are so clearly placed within the jurisdiction of the Governor-General by the Constitution Act.[86]

edit on 29-6-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Wrong again....,

Am i ?

The reserve powers are: The power to dissolve (or refuse to dissolve) the House of Representatives. (Section 5 of the Constitution) The power to dissolve Parliament on the occasion of a deadlock. (Section 57) The power to withhold assent to Bills. (Section 58) The power to appoint (or dismiss) Ministers. (Section 64) Those powers are generally and routinely exercised on Ministerial advice, but the Governor-General retains the ability to act independently in certain circumstances, as governed by convention. It is generally held that the Governor-General may use powers without ministerial advice in the following situations: if an election results in a Parliament in which no party has a majority, the Governor-General may select the Prime Minister if a Prime Minister loses the support of the House of Representatives, the Governor-General may appoint a new Prime Minister if a Prime Minister advises a dissolution of the House of Representatives, the Governor-General may refuse that request, or request further reasons why it should be granted. It is worth noting that convention does not give the Governor-General the ability to dissolve either the House of Representatives or the Senate without advice. The use of the reserve powers may arise in the following circumstances: if a Prime Minister advises a dissolution of Parliament on the occasion of a deadlock between the Houses, the Governor-General may refuse that request if the Governor-General is not satisfied with a legislative Bill as presented, they may refuse Royal Assent if a Prime Minister resigns after losing a vote of confidence, the Governor-General may select a new replacement contrary to the advice of the outgoing Prime Minister if a Prime Minister is unable to obtain Supply and refuses to resign or advise a dissolution, the Governor-General may dismiss him or her and appoint a new Prime Minister.

The above powers would be executed by The Governor General as i have already stated.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join