It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

At least 4 judges got it right.

link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, it doesn't make it correct. Period.

Then you must not live in the United States. Here in the United States we have this document called the Constitution that not only guarantees that no specific religion be honored by the state, but that all rights and privileges extended by the government are extended to all people regardless of minority status. I know it sucks for you that other people have the same rights and privileges as you, but oh well. That's how our country works. May I suggest you move to Iran or Saudi Arabia? I hear they aren't as nice in the rights and privileges department. Oh riiiight they are also intolerant towards Christians as well.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: kitzik

Exactly!! we can start with you if you want?

all sarcasm aside, Work place discrimination, we can get fired in many states just for being gay, those states that allow discrimination, blood donation, adoptions, conversion therapy etc

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yes, to be as protected as all other Humans

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

5 voted yes dear, you were one off

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

At least 4 judges got it right.

Hey Freenrgy2, There's only one letter missing for your Avatar name to be "Free n r gay 2"

edit on 26-6-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: JohnFisher
a reply to: xuenchen
Well, congratulations to Democrats. They finally managed to beat a concept that they themselves helped propel in the 90s with a heavily bipartisan bill called DOMA. At least we've relearned the nature of political flip-flop. Harry Reid, Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, and so on and so forth...

Have fun America. Let's see how long before churches get the pressure to conduct same sex marriage.

Churches are not public accommodations. The government cannot force churches to conduct marriage ceremonies. Besides, who would want have a ceremony officiated by an unwilling participant?
I don't disagree, but I am aware the very distinct possibility, if not probability, that there will occur changing sentiments and interpretations of laws and first amendment protections. While they were unsuccessful we observed certain trends arising in Idaho and Houston, TX. Then the dissenting opinions of SCOTUS express great concern for the future of religious liberties on several fronts, all stemming from the ruling today. How foolish would it be to completely disregard these things?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I must admit I don't like seeing the exhibitionism at the Parades. Folk think all gay people are like this. There are things I've seen that should have been kept behind closed doors and it's cheap.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

Not foolish at all. Again I bring up the Loving v Virgina ruling in 1967. How many religious liberties have been trampled since then in reference to that ruling?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gee...'bout time you guys caught up.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ted Cruz says this has been the darkest 24 hours in US history... lmfao!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Man, he must have a pretty low opinion of Pearl Harbor. Or the Bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Or 9/11. Or the Tuskegee Experiments. Or smallpox blankets. Or the Witch Hunts.

Okay I'll stop.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Ted Cruz says this has been the darkest 24 hours in US history... lmfao!

Gotta love the hyperbole from Right Wing politicians lol. The darkest time in US history would be the day SC seceded from the Union.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No, it doesn't make it correct. Period.

You disagree with the 14th amendment? What's "wrong" about the SCOTUS ruling?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dear ANGRY Christians,

I will pray for you in these troubling times as I am sure you are anxious and upset about this decision to legalize same sex marriage everywhere.

I feel for you, I do but you will get over it and be ok. The sky has not fallen yet nor will it. If it it makes you feel better I promise you that I am one LGBT member that won't be violating your sacred ceremony again. I probably did that the first go around when the ceremony was in the parking lot of a Target.
edit on CDTFri, 26 Jun 2015 15:33:49 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago26-05:00Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:33:49 -050033 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 26 Jun 2015 15:36:57 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago26-05:00Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:36:57 -050036 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I was curious when my favorite Transgendered Princess would show up to the party! Where have you been? The punch is warm now.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

My condolences to gay people today, since they have already suffered enough. jk

Glad that is over and done with, and a Supreme Court decision put it all to rest.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
LOL I'm fabulous as always and I almost didn't show up but I'm bored.

t reply to: ScientificRailgun

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Louisiana won't recognize same sex marriage despite SCOTUS ruling and some state clerks in various states are refusing to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples... so what's the process when a state violates the Constitution? Or do they not realize that they are now violating the Constitution?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JohnFisher

Not foolish at all. Again I bring up the Loving v Virgina ruling in 1967. How many religious liberties have been trampled since then in reference to that ruling?
That's different. Interracial marriage is not against biblical principles, and the churches largely fixed the apostisy within the church thereby mitigating any infringements that might have otherwise come to pass. There is however clear and concise teachings about homosexuality and what marriage is. Though some churches willingly ignore these teachings, it does not negate how obviousvthe teachings are.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join