It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Yes agree to disagree , but as a person that is gay I can assure you it is NOT a choice. I can't even manage to find a reason anyone would choose it. I grew up in the 80s and those were not gay-friendly times.

My mom accepts me at the same level you described, maybe a bit more, but not 100% and it's because of her religious convictions which I accept, and me and God are a-ok.

At least now in the USA I can walk among my peers and feel equal.

Edit to add- a big part of a woman's life is being able to learn from mom, seek advice, share relationship successes and misses, just like sons and fathers. That's the missed percentage of the relationship with my mom that is at times heartbreaking.
edit on 26-6-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2015 by raedar because: Typo on my edit

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So Bobby Jindal Louisiana is refusing the USSC decision.

There are issues where I will disagree with Supreme Court decisions. And others where I will agree.

The Supreme Court is not infallible. They are the third branch of government. I mean, we disagree with the other 2 branches all the time and openly state that we would not obey their dictates!

Just look at TPP, Freedom Act, NDAA. . . etc.

This is simply a decision that people will either agree or disagree with. And with anything else, some will refuse to honor the demands of this branch of government.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It won't hold.

Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and his attorney general, Buddy Caldwell, are refusing to allow same-sex couples to wed in The Pelican State.

"Current state law is still in effect until the courts order us otherwise," a Jindal spokesman told the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

What do they think happened today??? The Courts ordered them otherwise.

Seven same-sex couples in Louisiana already filed a motion seeking to force state officials to enforce the Supreme Court's decision. Meanwhile, Jindal slammed the high court's ruling and said it should be abolished.

Poor Jindal... www.advocate.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If this is all good now, why is polygamy illegal?

If women have the right to their own bodies concerning pregnancy why do I as a male not have the right to my body to do as I wish with it?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

No surprise there.

No.

Expected at least one idiot.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Wow that guy is a piece of work isn't he?.
You can bet he is doing it to gain votes from the religious right who live in the country seeing he is running for GOP presidential candidate.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I know there are a couple that vow to do away with Same-Sex marriage if they get elected, but i can't believe that would be good for their chance at election?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

While I do not accept your lifestyle as natural or normal (please don't take that in an offensive light, as it was not meant that way) in my view of the world, I will defend your right to live that lifestyle as a free person.

That is what freedom means to me. While we may not agree with, or support someone else's choices in life, they should have the right to make those choices and not have to hide it, just as anyone else should have the right to disagree with those same choices, and not have to hide it.

(It shouldn't have to be qualified, but I will do so because I know the nature of ATS all too well ... Those freedoms should not include the choice to commit murder, or other heinous -and hopefully obvious- crimes)
edit on 6/26/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So Jindal is going to pick and choose which laws are to be obeyed??? How does that work?

He wasn't going to get my vote anyway, this just kinda seals the deal... What a tool.

Y'know, all the reading I've done on this issue, which is I admit not as much as it might have been, since I made up my mind on the issue many, many years ago... I still don't see what harm this is going to do.

The only issue I have with this SCOTUS ruling is that it shouldn't have had to go that far. Doing the right thing shouldn't require SCOTUS, or legislation...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I know there are a couple that vow to do away with Same-Sex marriage if they get elected, but i can't believe that would be good for their chance at election?

It's easy to say, but hard to do.

So if a GOP'er gets elected, all marriage licenses, al insurance paperwork/claims, all adoptions, all legal documents become invalid for hundreds of thousands of people?

Not going to happen.

Enjoy the day.

Enjoy the fact that it is now marriage instead of gay marriage.

You have it easy. I have to deal with family and church and friends calling me a liberal weenie.

Me.

A liberal!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly, this should have been "Legal" from the beginning... the point that it had to go this far, and even farther still is just ignorance

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Now that will be the End Times Beezzer... you coming 'Out' as a Liberal!!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

It's easy to say, but hard to do.

So if a GOP'er gets elected, all marriage licenses, al insurance paperwork/claims, all adoptions, all legal documents become invalid for hundreds of thousands of people?

Not going to happen.

Enjoy the day.

You have it easy. I have to deal with family and church and friends calling me a liberal weenie.

Me.

A liberal!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
My Liberal Bunny! C'mere. You need liberal huggles.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I just LOVE that! No more "gay marriage"!!!

Me.

A liberal!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aw, man! I'm sorry! LOL! That's gotta be tough for you. You have my sympathies...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

It won't hold.

Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and his attorney general, Buddy Caldwell, are refusing to allow same-sex couples to wed in The Pelican State.

"Current state law is still in effect until the courts order us otherwise," a Jindal spokesman told the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

What do they think happened today??? The Courts ordered them otherwise.

Seven same-sex couples in Louisiana already filed a motion seeking to force state officials to enforce the Supreme Court's decision. Meanwhile, Jindal slammed the high court's ruling and said it should be abolished.

Poor Jindal... www.advocate.com...

But when Obama goes against the courts decisions you defend his actions don't you? Everything is Me me me! (with you)..

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Now marriage instead of gay marriage!.

Everyone has to start using that.
Marriage for all
!!

(Not me though not again).

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Now marriage instead of gay marriage!.

Everyone has to start using that.
Marriage for all
!!

(Not me though not again).

Aw, go for it! I've done it three times, and each time ... I was just a bit older, and poorer than the last one...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Three also.
Thing is I go for redheads so....

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Three also.
Thing is I go for redheads so....

Never married a redhead, though I have the beginnings of my own mini United Nations... 1 Irish, 1 Portuguese, and 1 Chinese, and a kid with each of them.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join