It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: raedar

I know what transhuman means, thank you.

I'm just afraid that only humans will be chipped and transhumans will be somehow "enhanced". With your ability to look into the future, I guess you will remain to be "human"

Please share with me where I exhibited the ability to look into the future.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I really just want to know why there appears to be a conflict between the 14th and the 10th for THIS ruling but not the one for interracial marriage. It's literally the SAME thing and same series of events leading up to it.

I mean I have an idea. It's clearly because the poster knows they are being hypocritical if they support the interracial marriage ruling and not this one and if they DO come out against it, they'll look like a racist.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
clashdaily.com...#
‘WE WILL NOT STAND BACK': Black Pastors Vow Civil Disobedience In Gay Marriage Ruling

There's nothing for them to disobey. They are not being asked to marry gay people. They simply don't understand that religion and state are not the same...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The states will be increasing their revenues on the licenses, later sadly like with any marriage be between women and men or same sex the divorce lawyers will be reaping their fair share of income with the divorces that will follow after.

Yes I am joking, hopefully those that are getting marriage are lifetime couples that now can finally make legal their unions. hurray and settle once and for all their financial affairs.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: Darth_Prime

At this stage Transhumans is mostly Sci-fiction, but I don't believe that LGBT movement wasn't a part of a bigger agenda for transforming of human nature. Besides the immediate gains, like probably it will reduce population if more unnatural pairs will be formed, it has wider implications.

As previously stated, I was born as a lesbian - so it would be going against nature for me to be with a man.

But I realize you are not able to comprehend that at this point in your life.

You hinted that you believe this has an aim at population reduction. Are you serious? Aren't we near 7 billion on the planet Earth? Has it not occurred to you that perhaps nature is self-repairing? Has it occurred to you that I still have healthy ovaries and could reproduce if I so choose? Has it occurred to you the thousands of children adopted into loving homes by gay couples?

WOW.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
When put to a VOTE, not a meaningless POLL, faux marriage referendums failed 30 out of 33 times.

Maybe you can provide a link to this statement, because I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Getting behind the curtain of the voting booth and away from the screaming harpies, your neighbors voted deviance down.

??? What? LOL!

link   
a reply to: kitzik

Sigh... ok

You know what might reduce population ?

straight couples having Gay Children *Gasp* oh the Straight Agenda

link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Earnest, honest question.

How does gay people getting a little slip of paper saying "These people are married" impede your ability to practice your religion? You keep going on about that "Congress shall make no law" stuff, but this decision doesn't even remotely affect you, or your religion.

So tell me exactly how it prevents you from practicing your religion, and is, therefore, unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What they going to do? fast? Not go to Church, nothing they do legally will have an effect on the rest of society.

We have a London Gay Pride and each year there is a relgious group like WBC protesting. Every year we all sing hymns to them, but for the last few years another church protest next to them in support of LGBT holding banners apologising for the nut jobs.

It's a shame as there are a lot of proper Christians on this site, but the more vocal right wing Christians (by name only) are giving all of them a bad name. The so called Christians on this thread are so far away from the teachings of Christ it's astounding!

They are doing the same damage to Christanity as ISIS is to Islam!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Scott Walker

I believe this Supreme Court decision is a grave mistake. Five unelected judges have taken it upon themselves to redefine the institution of marriage, an institution that the author of this decision acknowledges “has been with us for millennia.”

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

Let the persecution begin in earnest. I weep for our children.

— Austin Ruse (@austinruse) June 26, 2015 - See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

If you thought the cultural purge over the Confederate flag was breathtaking -- wait until you see what LGBT activists do with Christians.

— toddstarnes (@toddstarnes) June 26, 2015 - See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

This decision will go down in infamy. It is a devastating blow to the legitimacy of the S.Ct. It is also a blow to the First Amendment.

— E.W. Jackson (@ewjacksonsr) June 26, 2015 - See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

June 26, 2015: a date which will live in infamy.

— Bryan Fischer (@BryanJFischer) June 26, 2015
From a moral standpoint, 6/26 is now our 9/11.

June 26, 2015: the day the twin towers of truth and righteousness were blown up by moral jihadists.

June 26, 2015: I saw Satan dancing with delight, the day the music died in the United States of America.

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

I guess some have an issue with this ruling....

Hey, congrats gays around the USA! I am happy you got what you wanted, now please since this has passed please keep your love-life behind closed doors! You got what you wanted now just act appropriately....Actually straight people reading this do the same! I don't want to see your love-life in public areas either...

Congrats gays!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

If you were reading my previous comments, you would notice that I wasn't against adopting children. Or in your case even for "unnatural for you" intercourse or completely artificial insemination. But I think with time going forward there will be more "natural lesbians" since it is still 90% nurture and 10% nature behavior. As a result there will be probably less normal pairs and probably statistically less kids.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

No, sorry not sorry i will not be kept behind closed doors, unless you support an oppressive dictatorship way of life?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yay,

Anyone who says the ‪SCOTUS‬ ruling is about "love" is a liar, idiot, or both. This is America and I am allowed to marry my shoe, have my goldfish conduct the ceremony, and live the rest of my life as Mr. Right protected under the first Amendment.
The ruling is about definition of marriage in the tax code and certain power of attorney rights.

The current tax code will be abolished to a flat tax in the next 5-8 years which makes this a moot point and the largest, fake, "civil rights" propaganda, in current history.

All I heard today was "Supreme Court Rules the First Amendment to the Constitution is Constitutional".

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: Seamrog

Why are you mad when today was a win for equality and love.

Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

God is Love, so the fruits of those who actually follow God would be Love. If the Seed (foundation/spirit) is Love, then so is the Fruit (action/attitude/behavior).

When he gave the quote about the narrow path, he left out a verse, the actual verse that describes what God's Law is. I added the verse in bold

Matthew 7:12-14
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Narrow path is to treat others as you would like to be treated, that is, with compassion. Many people quote the narrow path verse but not the compassion is God's Law verse which is the previous verse before it.

Love conquers all, and Love always hopes and never fails because God is Love, so it is not surprising that The Justice of Love would come and through those who live through the spirit of Love, to restore equality and allow gay marriage to be legal, and The Justice of Love is to bring freedom through equality, and the Constitution supports freedom of religion and expression equally to all legal citizens, gay and straight.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Kali74

They are doing the same damage to Christanity as ISIS is to Islam!

I wouldn't go that far. Christians aren't beheading gay people, or throwing them off buildings, no matter how much they disagree with them. That's not to say bigots haven't committed hate crimes against homosexuals. That's certainly true, but I think equating them to ISIS is part of the reason why Christians are so afraid of stuff like this. We demonize them, and sometimes rigthfully so, but we also push them further into their corner every time we say stuff like that. Every comparison to ISIS or calling them hateful bigots that should die out, gives them more fuel to add to the fires of persecution.

Love your Christian brothers. Unconditionally. Lead by example.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
NEWS REPORT:

Weddings happening everywhere.

Texas, Georgia, ...

Oh noes! Am I gonna catch the gay?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Annee

The states will be increasing their revenues on the licenses, later sadly like with any marriage be between women and men or same sex the divorce lawyers will be reaping their fair share of income with the divorces that will follow after.

Yes I am joking, hopefully those that are getting marriage are lifetime couples that now can finally make legal their unions. hurray and settle once and for all their financial affairs.

Shocking, there are gay lawyers.

Everyone wins LOL.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What's blowing my mind currently is the people dragging Congress into this or the 1st Amendment. There weren't any laws written and passed. They were removed. It's like they are trying to latch onto any concept involving government and just blindly whine how that institution has been usurped by this ruling.

Amen. It's the same people who constantly complain about to many laws doing the most fussing.

Nothing was added.

No one got "special" aka "extra" rights or privileges.

If we're going to have a country that shares space with a bunch of religions, we need a government that doesn't involve itself in those religions.

This isn't a Christian nation, but rather a "Christian flavored" nation insofar as that the people creating the government may have had Christian influences in their personal lives. That it. End of story.

There is no official state religion, and the government's laws and decisions are not based on the Bible. It's that black and white.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

No, sorry not sorry i will not be kept behind closed doors, unless you support an oppressive dictatorship way of life?
I think what he's saying is: You got your way. Can we stop having it shoved down our throats?

I'm being completely honest, I completely support gay rights, LGBT rights, Hell I'd support people who sexually identify as a horseshoe crab.

But I don't like seeing people making out and generally engaging in PDA of any sexual orientation. It makes me uncomfortable. Stuff like holding hands, hugging, the occasional peck is fine, but all to often (thank god not here in JP), I see people pretty much dry-f***king on the streets and I'm like.... why...?

You do you, man. I'm super hyped that the U.S. made this ruling, equality for all. But can we stop with all the PDA and blatant "ACCEPT US" public stuff now? I know it'll take time for things to calm down. I'm not expecting a change overnight, of course. But hopefully this leads to less pride parades, and other "SUPPORT LGBT" stuff, and quietly, slowly, we all just live as normal people, completely equal to your neighbor. That is my dream.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

No.... There are American Christian groups in Africa, lobbying governments to make homosexuality illegal. In Uganda they wanted to introduce the death penalty for being gay because of these Right Wing "US" Christian Groups. The Ugandan President visited a universty either in the UK or US and was asked about his countries treatment of LGBT people. He told the group his country was fine about gay people until the U.S. Church's showed up and used cash to lobby the governments. Google it...

That being said, they may not be killing people with their own hands but using cash to get someone else to do it for them. With this in mind, I stand by my point that there are elements in Christainity akin to ISIS but using cash instead of weapons!!

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join