It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK bans teaching of creationism in any school that receives public funding

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Sorry dude but what? If a two hour class in science is held that is two hours of science not any creationist stuff just science now...
It isn't hard dude I don't understand how you can not understand it.

You want evidence that science is being done in a science classroom?. eh?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

and you have presented no evidence that the time gap will NOT be filled with something more constructive and educational. seems strange that you expect boymonkey to provide that kind of information when you havent provided anything to the contrary. are we operating on the base assumption that the time will be wasted? im sure if the rest of the classes they take are educational in nature, they will have no problem providing the material for an extra 1-2 hours of the same.
edit on 25-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

and you have presented no evidence that the time gap will NOT be filled with something more constructive and educational. seems strange that you expect boymonkey to provide that kind of information when you havent provided anything to the contrary. are we operating on the base assumption that the time will be wasted? im sure if the rest of the classes they take are educational in nature, they will have no problem providing the material for an extra 1-2 hours of the same.

Well, I guess we have here an example of the failure of the UK science classes. One cannot prove a negative. Logically, it is up to those who say that the class must be removed to prove that the time will be filled with more constructive pursuits. So far, no one has been able to demonstrate that the time will be filled with anything in a factual manner.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Per PISA, the UK is hardly " Top Notch " in any critical educational category.

The UK is ranked 25th for reading, 28th for maths and 16th for science

Get off your high horsea reply to: boymonkey74

edit on 25-6-2015 by wyrmboy12 because: N/A

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Anyhow back on topic does anyone agree with me that this is a good thing for the future of science here in the UK?.
We have always been top notch on the subject and continue to push it in our schools.

Yes I agree!

We all know how much scientific good and medical improvements have been made over the centuries from the church! How about advanced technologies such as computers, religion seems to have escaped being responsible for that too. The very medium of this exchange came from science and not religion however, religion is the source of everything and never able to show anything. Great!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wyrmboy12

Still much higher that the educational systems that have been delivered by religious leaders and texts by many many fold.
edit on 25-6-2015 by notmyrealname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wyrmboy12

Not saying it is perfect but we do much better then some and this ruling will help the science class have just science in.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Well, I guess we have here an example of the failure of the UK science classes. One cannot prove a negative. Logically, it is up to those who say that the class must be removed to prove that the time will be filled with more constructive pursuits. So far, no one has been able to demonstrate that the time will be filled with anything in a factual manner.

so that tangent of argument is moot. can we move on now?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Certainly the small amount of time will be devoted to splitting the atom and not texting dick picks on their mobiles.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Certainly the small amount of time will be devoted to splitting the atom and not texting dick picks on their mobiles.

it seems to me that the UK is not the guilty party when it comes to not being constructive. please mind your language, btw. i am asking nicely.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No. That does not even make sense.

He stated that a small minority of people in the UK are religious.
He stated that a small minority of schools teach this.

However, he stated that this law that bans a small minority of schools that cater to a small minority of people in a small minority of their day will create great change. How? Why?

He says that this small change in a small minority of schools that cater to a small minority of people will free up so much time. To do what? replaced with what? to what effect?

His only response is "science!" It seems he really does not know what "science" is. Will they have more math? Chemistry? Physics? Calculus? What? What? What is this mysterious "science" he is going on about?

In all very likelihood, in these few schools, the students will find more time to goof off.
edit on 25-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

However, he stated that this law that bans a small minority of schools that cater to a small minority of people in a small minority of their day will create great change. How? Why?

He says that this small change in a small minority of schools that cater to a small minority of people will free up so much time. To do what? replaced with what? to what effect?

His only response is "science!" It seems he really does not know what "science" is. Will they have more math? Chemistry? Physics? Calculus? What? What? What is this mysterious "science" he is going on about?

In all very likelihood, in these few schools, the students will find more time to goof off.

You kinda remind me of someone that I was in the service with; he called me the devil and has never spoken to me again after he found god in AA. I think he lives in SF now; any chance you two are the same?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

You kinda remind me of someone that I was in the service with; he called me the devil and has never spoken to me again after he found god in AA. I think he lives in SF now; any chance you two are the same?

I don't believe in god.
I don't believe in the devil.
I enjoy single malt scotch, so no.

I do like SF. It is a lovely city.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Sigh it could be any of those subjects. But I would think it would be biology.
You are really looking fir a discussion that means nothing tbh.
If the teacher is ok they can use the time to teach more.
Oh and don't attempt to diss me when you have brought a silly argument to the thread.
edit on 25-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So you don't actually have a point to make. Cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yeah too much of the scotch we all like I suspect.

link   
Hey, My bad!!

Must have gotten mixed up in the thread responses. Please forgive me and if we ever shall meet, I'll be happy to share some nice 21Yr + single-malt to show that I mean it.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Sigh it could be any of those subjects. But I would think it would be biology.
You are really looking fir a discussion that means nothing tbh.
If the teacher is ok they can use the time to teach more.
Oh and don't attempt to diss me when you have brought a silly argument to the thread.

So which is it? What subject has replaced this subject in those few schools? Point it out. I'd love to see it.

How is this going to effect kids shooting up smack in Swansea?

Methinks it is fulfillment of personal prejudice that really won't do much in the overall picture.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Hey, My bad!!

Must have gotten mixed up in the thread responses. Please forgive me and if we ever shall meet, I'll be happy to share some nice 21Yr + single-malt to show that I mean it.

You are on.

I've got a bottle of LochDhu I've been holding on to. It'll make a man of yea.

edit on 25-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Now it depends on if they are in primary school or secondary school.
In primary it is just science class with a bit of everything in and at secondary it gets split into biology physics chemistry etc.
Oh and what has people shooting smack to do with the subject are you being obtuse on purpose?.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join