It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK bans teaching of creationism in any school that receives public funding

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is zero legal precedent for revoking an American citizenship because they are atheist.

No American citizen has ever been kicked out of America because they are an atheist.

And you know what would happen if someone tried? They'd laugh you out of the courtroom. At this point all you're doing is arguing language, as it has ZERO legal application in the United States. I'll declare from the highest mountain tops that I'm an atheist. I honestly, truly want you to try to bring a case to court to revoke my citizenship.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Good stuff. It makes me happy to hear that they won't allow people to shove religion down people's throats as an alternative to teaching evolution. That notion has been utterly stupid since they first tried to do it over here in America. If you want a world religions class, I have no problem with that, but it must be fair to each religion equally, as each one is just as valid (or invalid) as another since they are faith based. Teaching religious belief in a science class should never ever happen. Creationism / ID has never been even remotely close to science. The US should implement a law like this if they haven't already. I thought it was currently handled individually by the states, but it shouldn't be, since it directly contradicts separation of church and state, one of the primary concepts this country was founded on.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, go look up what a negative liberty is in regards the bill of rights. Take a 6th grade civics class. You couldn't be more wrong on this.

It is willful ignorance and a complete disregard for American ideals of freedom and prosperity. There is no where left to run. Real Americans will fight you.

You are out numbered outgunned out classed and also dead wrong.

I haven't slept in 3 days. I will start that thead. But not today.

It was all your fan boys saying Yeah Yeah bring this moral decay to America! That started this.

I'm here to tell you, you're barking up the wrong tree. Our Constitution is not dead yet, although you'll win in the end, and there will be no free world or anyone capable of envisioning, let alone leading one.

If you guys kept it UK I'd never have posted here. You brits are mostly ignorant to the principles of American governance and that is fine for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I for one would like an example by the creationists of something being created out of nothing. I mean that is their theory right that God created everything from absolutely nothing.

Where are the examples of animals, cells..etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Better to be ignorant of American governance than actual science.
Not slept for three days? no wonder you talk bollocks.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I hope to God (Man I'm good at that.) that creationism is BANNED in U.S. Public Schools. If they receive state or federal funds, religion has zero place under that roof.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst stop trolling this thread. Unless you have something to add to the thread otherwise sod off

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst
It is willful ignorance and a complete disregard for American ideals of freedom and prosperity. There is no where left to run. Real Americans will fight you.

I hope you know that I'm a veteran.

I haven't slept in 3 days. I will start that thead. But not today.

AHA! Now I see. Everything makes sense then. You may want to go get some rest then. Your talking points are insane.

It was all your fan boys saying Yeah Yeah bring this moral decay to America! That started this.

My fan boys? I didn't know I had groupies. Wow that's cool!

I'm here to tell you, you're barking up the wrong tree. Our Constitution is not dead yet, although you'll win in the end, and there will be no free world or anyone capable of envisioning, let alone leading one.

"Our Constitution"? Heh. By the way, America isn't really one of the places I'd think of when imaging free places to live. We only have the highest incarceration rate in the world (you know thanks to religious assholes dictating their morality to the rest of the populace?)

If you guys kept it UK I'd never have posted here. You brits are mostly ignorant to the principles of American governance and that is fine for you.

I'm not british... I thought we already established that when you pulled up my state's Constitution... Seriously go get some sleep. I don't think you are capable of adequately following a conversation in your current state.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

Nope. Not the contention at all. There never was nothing, all there was was god.

Just call the sum of all matter God. Easy peasy, doesn't change any of your beliefs, except you have to use a word you hate. Now to be an American, you have to also believe that your rights are NATURAL. That means they were not created by man they are inherent to the universe, and not to be taken by man.

Don't get so hung up on the Abraham god with a beard in a cloud, this is America, it could be anything you like that guarantees your right to live as a free human being.

Why is this hard. It's just a 3 letter word that you can define however you want. In MD, the only unacceptable answer is null. If you have no God, you have no rights as an american, because in America we believe that is where our rights originate. The bill of rights is a list of things that the federal government cannot do. They are the only group affected by the bill of rights. God gave us those rights and we wrote it down that the federal government has no say on those rights. Negative federal liberties. That is what the bill of rights is.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Also what you think the USA is would make it the worst Theocracy on earth...worse then the Taliban so again BOLLOCKS.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Must have next to zero faith in that scientific backing if you need to legislate away competing theories.

Just an FYI, there is no competing theory with evolution. All known evidence points to it, there isn't a single alternative theory with evidence. Creationism isn't competing with anything as there is ZERO objective evidence to suggest it is factual. If creationism wants to be recognized and taught as valid in school, then it is on the creationists to provide evidence, models, and mechanisms that show how it works. The truth is, it isn't a theory, nor is it even a hypothesis at this stage. It is essentially a faith based guess and nothing more. It's almost like asking for ancient astronaut theory to be taught in science class, and that has way more evidence than religious creationism.

Two theories, no evidence that favors one over the other. I'd like to ask science how it chose which one was correct, do you have his email?

That statement must be a joke because there are MOUNTAINS of evidence for evolution, and there is ZERO for creationism.

I guess I was a little late to the party, however. Krazyshot and others have already brought these points up and they are definitely in the right here.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

a reply to: krosnos

Nope. Not the contention at all. There never was nothing, all there was was god.

Just call the sum of all matter God. Easy peasy, doesn't change any of your beliefs, except you have to use a word you hate. Now to be an American, you have to also believe that your rights are NATURAL. That means they were not created by man they are inherent to the universe, and not to be taken by man.

Don't get so hung up on the Abraham god with a beard in a cloud, this is America, it could be anything you like that guarantees your right to live as a free human being.

Why is this hard. It's just a 3 letter word that you can define however you want. In MD, the only unacceptable answer is null. If you have no God, you have no rights as an american, because in America we believe that is where our rights originate. The bill of rights is a list of things that the federal government cannot do. They are the only group affected by the bill of rights. God gave us those rights and we wrote it down that the federal government has no say on those rights. Negative federal liberties. That is what the bill of rights is.

I don't believe in Jack. The only thing I believe is that Science still has a lot of questions to answer, and Religion is running out of safe-havens in the march of progress. There is no God, no matter how you want to believe it's true. Now if God suddenly poked his head into my room and said "Nope, you're wrong. Here I am." I'd be the first to eat a heaping helping of humble pie. But that won't happen. Won't ever happen. I'm an American Citizen, and that means ALL of it. Including my non-belief. If I commited a crime in Maryland, I'd still be afforded the rights promised to me in the constitution. Nobody in Maryland has ever arrested an atheist and said "Well you're an atheist, so you don't have the right to remain silent. You don't have the right to representation. You don't have the right to a speedy trial.

No atheist was ever told in Maryland that he can't have a blog on the internet because as an atheist he has no right to freedom of expression.

You're 100% wrong, and I'd be willing to let you take me to court for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Oooh a veteran. That is really really sad. It would have been really sad had you been hurt or God forbid paid the ultimate price for a country that wants nothing to do with your belief system and which you do not even remotely understand.

Thanks for your service, sorry that you had to do it in defence of God.

Have you looked at our Money? Why do you think it says that. I have told you why. It is very simple. The founders, even the non religious among them were very clear in this point.

Should have stayed in school instead. I am truly heartbroken that there are people who risked it all without understanding one whit of what they were doing it for.

Again, thank you for your service, in your case it was truly altruistic. I cannot thank you enough.

Thomas Jefferson rarely slept more than 2 hours a night, maybe that's why he's my favorite.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You really don't read anything people have said do you? just keep parroting on "la la la la"...ignorance personified.
Anyhow again stay on topic.
Also make the thread or are you scared to do so? you could just copy and paste from this thread take you two minutes.
edit on 25-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Oooh a veteran. That is really really sad. It would have been really sad had you been hurt or God forbid paid the ultimate price for a country that wants nothing to do with your belief system and which you do not even remotely understand.

I blew out my ACL in Iraq.

Thanks for your service, sorry that you had to do it in defence of God.

o.O Well if Bush were to be believed then you'd be right, but Bush also said that we were in Iraq because of 9/11 and wmd's, so yeah...

Have you looked at our Money? Why do you think it says that. I have told you why. It is very simple. The founders, even the non religious among them were very clear in this point.

HOLY CRAP!? You don't even know when and why they put "In God We Trust" on the money?

History of 'In God We Trust'

So what's next? Are you going to try to bring up the Pledge of Allegiance?

Should have stayed in school instead. I am truly heartbroken that there are people who risked it all without understanding one whit of what they were doing it for.

Says the guy who hasn't gotten a single fact about America correct.

Again, thank you for your service, in your case it was truly altruistic. I cannot thank you enough.

Thomas Jefferson rarely slept more than 2 hours a night, maybe that's why he's my favorite.

Thomas Jefferson was also a deist.

Thomas Jefferson and Deism

He was also a notorious slave owner.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yep OF course. Because we believe in a God here that guarantees your rights. Your piggy backing on our faith. That's fine. It is assumed that you believe in something that gave you rights in America. It is the founding principle. There is no document that guarantees your rights here, with exceptions to state constitutions that felt the need to enumerate each, or in some cases just specific rights. The 1st ammendment guarantees you nothing except that 'shall make no law..." not "every citizen has..."

God does that all the time. All the time. Trust me, that one day you'll hear it. Maybe not in this lifetime, but you are the image of the creator. The kingdom of heaven is within. You are God, it really doesn't matter, if you just want to be dust that's fine too, but not all of us are happy with boot prints all over our backs.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Right can you do one please or stay on topic?.
Write your own thread please.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Fantastic. Swap out one fundamentally flawed, rigidly dogmatic view for another under the guise of expanding knowledge.

They taught us evolution in school too, unfortunately they also taught us that in order to pass GCSE biology you had to be able to create a functional hypothesis and chart the stages that lead to the conclusion; having a missing link in there would've been an instant fail.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

In MD, the only unacceptable answer is null. If you have no God, you have no rights as an american, because in America we believe that is where our rights originate. The bill of rights is a list of things that the federal government cannot do. They are the only group affected by the bill of rights. God gave us those rights and we wrote it down that the federal government has no say on those rights. Negative federal liberties. That is what the bill of rights is.

Complete load of BS here. There are atheists in MD that are open about it and do not lose their rights. One of the big rights we have is freedom of religion. That means we can worship (or not worship) any god however we see fit, provided it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. God gave us those rights? The same god that condoned slavery and superiority of men over women in the bible? Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

No such thing as the missing link.
I suggest studying more.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join