It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK bans teaching of creationism in any school that receives public funding

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: NavyDoc

Now it depends on if they are in primary school or secondary school.
In primary it is just science class with a bit of everything in and at secondary it gets split into biology physics chemistry etc.
Oh and what has people shooting smack to do with the subject are you being obtuse on purpose?.

So the answer is, basically, you don't know.

It's not being obtuse, it's pointing out the vary salient fact that the UK school system has a heck of a lot more problems than a few schools catering to a vast minority of people. It amazes me to see people going on about the couple of places that teach creationism for a couple of hours a week when the majority of schools have crime, drugs, truancy, illiteracy.

If you came up with "creationism is gone, algebra and calculus to replace" I'd be all for it.

However, it was "creationism is gone and sod those religious people."

"Well, what's gonna replace it then?"

"I dunno--science and stuff."

"What science? Physics? Geology?"

"I dunno--science--beakers and sh!t. Yay, I hate those religious wankers."

edit on 25-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Of course the time saved going on about creation is going to be used in a science class if that is where it was taught before.
Like I said it will be science class for primary pupils and biology for secondary students.
Creationism isn't gone at all it is just taught in the re lessons.
I just think you do not understand our schooling system because if you did uou would understand the very simple concept of less creationist teachings on a science class equals more time to teach science.
Make a thread if you want to bleat on about the problems all schools have but it is off topic and you know so.
edit on 25-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Hey, My bad!!

Must have gotten mixed up in the thread responses. Please forgive me and if we ever shall meet, I'll be happy to share some nice 21Yr + single-malt to show that I mean it.

You are on.

I've got a bottle of LochDhu I've been holding on to. It'll make a man of yea.

Wow, I had to look that up. You evil doer, now I have something else to lust for….

Just wondering, does it taste similar to the smokey taste of Laphroaig?

Also, just so you know, my real name is not Caitlyn so I probably won't change much after the scotch….

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Of course the time saved going on about creation is going to be used in a science class if that is where it was taught before.
Like I said it will be science class for primary pupils and biology for secondary students.
Creationism isn't gone at all it is just taught in the re lessons.
I just think you do not understand our schooling system because if you did uou would understand the very simple concept of less creationist teachings on a science class equals more time to teach science.
Make a thread if you want to bleat on about the problems all schools have but it is off topic and you know so.

I'm well acquainted with your schools. I've not been pulling Swansea and Manchester out of my arse.

For that reason I find it rather laughable.

You've got a minority of religious people. A minority of them believe in creationism, much less care if it is in school or not. You've got a minority of school that teach that subject and they teach it for a minority of their week.

It is laughable an illogic to state that banning by law teaching of something a minority of time in a minority of schools that cater to a minority of a minority of people will have any effect at all on the British educational system other than making people like you feel good.

Meanwhile sixth form kids are stoned on Wind Street, but thank Odin they didn't have creationism in school otherwise they might not turn out well.

edit on 25-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Hey, My bad!!

Must have gotten mixed up in the thread responses. Please forgive me and if we ever shall meet, I'll be happy to share some nice 21Yr + single-malt to show that I mean it.

You are on.

I've got a bottle of LochDhu I've been holding on to. It'll make a man of yea.

Wow, I had to look that up. You evil doer, now I have something else to lust for….

Just wondering, does it taste similar to the smokey taste of Laphroaig?

Also, just so you know, my real name is not Caitlyn so I probably won't change much after the scotch….

It goes beyond smoke--char is more like. The inside of the casks are charred before the whiskey is put in to age. It is as dark and smoky as a peat bog.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What ever man appears to me you have a bee on your bonnet about something.
No point conversing with you on this subject at all.
Night dude.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What ever man appears to me you have a bee on your bonnet about something.
No point conversing with you on this subject at all.
Night dude.

I know, logic and critical thinking are hard for some.

May you have a peaceful and restful sleep and may you have a rewarding and enjoyable tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Looked it up and see that people either like it ( a few) or they really dump on it; that means I'll have to try it for myself.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Looked it up and see that people either like it ( a few) or they really dump on it; that means I'll have to try it for myself.

To be honest, it kicked me in the tail when I first tried it, but I keep it to give out for honored guests.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Look in the mirror you are the one not getting it.
As others have pointed out.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Look in the mirror you are the one not getting it.
As others have pointed out.

I thought you were going to bed. Come back with some logic and specifics once you've slept on it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

What and go around in circles until you understand?.
Nope.
edit on 25-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

What and go around in circles until you understand?.
Nope.

The only one going around in circles is you. So far you have not answered with any specific plan to replace the evil course nor have you been able to explain hos banning something that involves a small minority will effect the British educational system in any way.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I never realised ATS was filled with so many religious extremists.

I can see why you religious wackos wan't creationism taught in schools, it's a lot easier to indoctrinate children compared to an adult.
edit on 25-6-2015 by HenryLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm ok with them teaching creationism in schools. If they're pointing out all the flaws with the "theory" and teach kids why it's a load of ignorance.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Wish they would do this out here. Good on the UK Government and the BHA for bringing back a little bit of sanity into people's lives.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You seem to think you now about evolution......can you elaborate on how it requires creationism?...

Oh I don't know.....Maybe because there needs to be a reason for something to exist before it can evolve....That's a good start! We may have evolved, but God created us before we could evolve.....

Who created God? God had to come from somewhere to exist.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Who created God? God had to come from somewhere to exist.

Who cares? The bigger question is who made god's god?!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

American freedom is about just that freedom. Whether you choose to believe in god or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Good, they need to primarily aim this at the Islamic schools that are totally below par with regards to standards and are seemingly existing to indoctrinate pupils, while at the same time receiving a ten tonne of funding from the state! How does that work?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join