It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X just revealed by Google Sky? Black swath gone, ‘winged disk’ visible

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO
Please clarify, is there something, described as "The Winged Disc" in google sky?

If this object is in google sky, hasn't all these objects been named?

So if this object is real in google sky, what is it's name?

This has been talked about in this thread, but I imagine that 10+ pages can be a bit too much to go through, so I'll post this here for your and everyone else's convenience:

The "winged disk" shown in the OP video is a distant star, surrounded by a reflection nebula (basically some interstellar dust that reflects the light of that star). This star has several names, but the shortest one is GLMP 119. It is a T Tauri type star, meaning it's still in the process of being formed and hasn't reached the main sequence yet.

This star has been known since at least the 1950s, and it doesn't represent any danger or concern to us at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Gee thanks,Yea I was looking, but your right, a bit long.

So this is just bull, still you wonder, cause you know they would not tell us.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO
a reply to: wildespace

Gee thanks,Yea I was looking, but your right, a bit long.

So this is just bull, still you wonder, cause you know they would not tell us.

They wouldn't have to tell us in order for us to know. You can examine the old Palomar Sky Survey plates for yourself. Of course, that means doing a bit more work than just firing up google sky, which is usually as far as any youtube researcher ever gets.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: planetxapproaches

I heard this site was a good place to discuss ideas but its beginning to look like a fail.

Well share some of your ideas,

So far you have said nothing really, other than repeating other online claims.

You ask for opposing theories yet have nothing other your wrong interpretation of Harrington's theories.

You want to discuss ideas on how everything from my keys going missing to earthquakes and volcanic activity and heating of other planets is connected to one unseen planet or brown dwarf or whatever then provide something to discuss.

How is it all connected?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Maybe aliens!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargazers
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Maybe aliens!

Ok, that's three posts in a row, in a three different threads, that are only one or two words each, and contribute nothing to the conversation. Next one I see is getting reported.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We can discuss ideas. But astronomy is a science, and requires the application of scientific method, i.e. reliable data and repeated experiments (in this case - observations). Saying that some distant planet is responsible for sinkholes or animal deaths on Earth is not enough; you need to provide the explanation and mechanism by which that planet can create such effects.

It has been said so many, many times here and other forums - if there's a previously unknown planet in the Solar System, give us its celestial coordinates, so that the army of amateur astronomers could point their very good equipment (which regularly detects tiny asteroids and comets) there and make the news verified and widely known. If people can see and film it with their iPhones and webcams, surely the amateurs with their dedicated astronomy equipment can find it too?

So there's an idea for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

From www.evawaseerst.be... (some chapters are translated)
In the site above you can find a link to the following site:
wise.ssl.berkeley.edu...
Note that the Oort cloud reaches to 100.000 AU from the sun (some scientists go to 200.000 AU).
The article says Wise cannot see a Jupiter sized body up to 26.000 AU from the sun.
The diameter of Jupiter is about 11 times bigger than earth’s. There are more than 1300 earth’s that fit into Jupiter. It must been said that some confuse mass with volume but nevertheless planet X must be a dwarf compared to Jupiter (in volume).
I even think there is more than one planet X hiding in our solar system.
But I believe, just like evawaseerst: those planets will stay far away. Much further than Pluto anyway.
I’m sure about one thing: the real rulers of this world are hiding a lot and maybe they have the right reasons to do so.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Hi,

Someone mentioned that the swath is not in the same location. I didn't check that statement, but if you're curious, you should double check to see if the swath is in the same location. If it is in the same location, the question is why? Occam’s razor is my ultimate conclusion. It’s probably nothing.

S + F for your post because this is a conspiracy site. We’re here to discuss highly speculative topics. It is okay to speculate. One thing I hate about ATS is how arm-chair scientists and so-called science students (with their awful grammar) like to come on here and belittle everybody.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting this tone, but I was annoyed with this comment:

Like I said, anyone can post links to science sites but not everyone can understand what the site or article or paper on the other end actually means - so it's better to ask ngchunter, wildspace or i since we are astronomers and all of us understand basic physics

Yuk. Arrogance. I know the tagline is “Deny Ignorance” but it still doesn’t change what this site is. It’s a frakking conspiracy site. Conspiracy. Fringe. Not mainstream.

Also, it would be nice if people actually stayed on topic.

Anyway...

Black Fox, if you are interested, Phil Plait is one my favorite science advocates. Here’s a good article on Nibiru/Planet X/Nemesis. He tends to be a little arrogant, too. However, he's not arguing on a conspiracy site, and he's very thorough.

The Planet X Saga: The Scientific Arguments in a Nutshell

edit on 6/29/2015 by starlight88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: starlight88

It’s a frakking conspiracy site. Conspiracy. Fringe. Not mainstream.

Yes this is a conspiracy site, but it also isn't a place that wants to promote ignorance.

You see the OP started this thread on the premise that google sky was hiding something that is supposed to be planet x, and upon further research done by some of the resident amateur astronomers showed that the premise of the thread is a lie and therefore is showing ignorance.

And that is where the Denying Ignorance comes into play.

Seems strange at first, but the longer your here the more you come to understand why it gets said.

And welcome to ATS.

And to stay on topic here...Phil Plait is a good one to listen to.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Yes this is a conspiracy site, but it also isn't a place that wants to promote ignorance.

Fair enough. I just don't like it when people are mean about trying to prove their point. Why do that? I don't think the OP was lying, just uninformed. The title is phrased with a question mark, which indicates a question not a statement. So let's discuss the question without pulling rank. At some point, we were all uninformed. I think it's possible to share and discuss knowledge without being a jerk about it. Granted, there will always be people who will shirk facts. I understand that can be frustrating, but arguing is pointless. ATS shouldn't be about who has the bigger soap box. When that happens, the conversation becomes a "shouting match" and that makes denying ignorance moot.

Idealistic. Lol. Thank you for the welcome.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Fair enough. I just don't like it when people are mean about trying to prove their point.

And to be fair to those who are passionate about astronomy get upset when people try and push the well debunked winged planet BS.

I don't think the OP was lying, just uninformed.

Wasn't actually calling the OP a liar, just what the thread was supposed to be about. And yes uninformed is right.

At some point, we were all uninformed. I think it's possible to share and discuss knowledge without being a jerk about it.

Yes we were, but sometimes tough love is the only thing that works.

Granted, there will always be people who will shirk facts.

Which makes Denying Ignorance that much harder...which is why some get upset.

Thank you for the welcome.

No problem we were all new at one time.

Enjoy your travels through the forums.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I always read the the planet X threads, but never comment. But had to break that rule in order to welcome you to ATS. I always enjoy the banter in threads like these, as it is the best way to get to know the members here. I actually learn some thing also.

Have fun.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

And to be fair to those who are passionate about astronomy get upset when people try and push the well debunked winged planet BS.

All right. I concede this point. The Planet X thing doesn't bug me; which is why I'm more patient with the topic. I think it scares people, and that's why it's popular. I'm very passionate, too, not just about physics and astronomy. I'm also passionate about education. I've taught math and astronomy. However, I have been extremely frustrated with astrology advocates.

Wasn't actually calling the OP a liar, just what the thread was supposed to be about. And yes uninformed is right.

Clarified.

Yes we were, but sometimes tough love is the only thing that works.

I disagree with you here. I still think the comments were made with more than "tough love" in mind. Some of the comments were arrogant and meant to belittle. However, I will reiterate my concession to your first point.

Which makes Denying Ignorance that much harder...which is why some get upset.

True. But those who are willfully ignorant won't change. So again, why argue?

Enjoy your travels through the forums.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlight88
One thing I hate about ATS is how arm-chair scientists and so-called science students (with their awful grammar) like to come on here and belittle everybody.

originally posted by: starlight88
I disagree with you here. I still think the comments were made with more than "tough love" in mind. Some of the comments were arrogant and meant to belittle. However, I will reiterate my concession to your first point.

If you think any of my posts were arrogance intended to belittle others, then by all means report it to the mods and it will be dealt with. Can we please stop the bickering? I don't like it, but when people like you start complaining that I post here on a conspiracy site and beg for the topic to be left alone by "armchair scientists" (I'm a professional scientist by the way, not armchair, not a student) and start fighting about my mere presence here I feel the need to defend myself and then it really does turn into a fight. Let's just drop the personal assessments of each other. If you want to complain about a post, use the report function, I'm sure the mods won't mind deleting any inappropriate posts.
edit on 29-6-2015 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I haven't been on ATS for a long while, however I have been researching Nibiru for over two years now. I have seen evidence that Nibiru will pass close to earth by March 27 2016. This planet pass in our obit every 3,600 years. It is very real, most scientist will not talk about it and they are order not to. If the United States Government makes an announcement it will cause a great panic and the world economic system will shut down. Folks these are facts and anyone can do their own research for them self's.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
Hi everyone. I haven't been on ATS for a long while, however I have been researching Nibiru for over two years now. I have seen evidence that Nibiru will pass close to earth by March 27 2016. This planet pass in our obit every 3,600 years. It is very real, most scientist will not talk about it and they are order not to. If the United States Government makes an announcement it will cause a great panic and the world economic system will shut down. Folks these are facts and anyone can do their own research for them self's.

After twenty years (that I know of) of failed Nibiru/PX predictions it's starting to feel like the constant failed predictions for the second coming of Christ.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Where is this planet now? Why can't amateur astronomers see it?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

It is very real,

No. It is not.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join