It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth the Center of the Entire Universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

"Is Earth the Center of the Entire Universe?"

No!
edit on 23-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Results can be cherry picked too in scientific documents too, to get the desired results, it happens all the time. I wish i had more time tonight to really dig into the topic of the satellite data he mentioned.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Prove its not, neither you or I can be 100% all we can do is theorize on it.there is some data that supports it lets talk about that. debate that with me. "no " to me doesn't explain much.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It is the infinitesimal Singularity that is engaged in infinite velocity at infinite angular diversity who's wake generates the infinite expanse where radiates down and inward all future time.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes it is the type of reply I hoped to receive, The notion of the potential of us as a planet or as a galaxy did kind of make me tingle, but at the same token one responder mentioned in his opinion the potential of this potentially backing up the simulation theory, it does make sense.

I wouldn't let those who derail threads discourage you from posting, if you do that then the win. Thank you for posting very much you are appreciated.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Does infinity have a direction?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: enament

Only from the observed perspective of a finite consciousness, and it is many.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

Only from the observed perspective of a finite consciousness, and it is many.

The correct answer you will hate:

The direction is spherical.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Results can be cherry picked too in scientific documents too, to get the desired results, it happens all the time. I wish i had more time tonight to really dig into the topic of the satellite data he mentioned.

But scientific data are always open to further scrutiny (peer review). Opinions aren't.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No, Earth is NOT the center of the universe, far from it.

Science has long known that Earth is in a relatively remote area of a relatively remote galaxy.

To assume that we're the center of the Universe is massively egotistical and just plain wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not just science, but simple observation of the Earth revolving around the Sun should convince you that the Earth is NOT the center of the universe.

If it were, the Sun would revolve around the Earth.

If you're not a troll, and you're expending a lot of time wondering about this and trying to convince others, then STOP.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Explain the satellite data that suggests it then. I want to know too.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

By satellite data are you referring to the CMB?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Im not sure how old you are but I'm about forty and have seen theories come and go and opinions change, heck i could have been ridiculed for declaring pluto not a planet.

Fact is even Einstein's equation E=mc2 is even being dismissed these days, one of the most famous equations of all time. You and I are really not sure and we can be sure of that.
edit on 23-6-2015 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How'd I get through 4 pages of comments, and no one said 'Texas''?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Fact is even Einstein's equation E=mc2 is even being dismissed these days, one of the most famous equations of all time.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but mass-energy equivalence is just as valid today as it was 110 years ago...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Unless you can prove that there are other lifeforms out there with the ability to observe, then the only conclusion that we can draw based on the data available to us is that we are at the center of the universe. Everything else is just speculation and theory at this point.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I actually bothered to visit the website you originally linked to.

Bob Sungenis, executive producer of "The Principle," told CBN News why such a discovery is so upsetting to atheists...

"So if you find center in that big mass, then that means somebody had to make it that way. There's a designer behind it."

Do you not see an agenda here?

But scientists in the film admit their own theories about how the universe works don't come close to fitting with the latest data.

Which is why we do science!!! We're an inquisitive species, us humans, and we want to know about our surroundings! What's wrong with that?

Incidentally, I'm 45 and have seen scientific principles ever further refined. Rarely abandoned, except in extreme cases. Also, Pluto IS a planet of the dwarf variety - nothing much really changed there!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Fact is even Einstein's equation E=mc2 is even being dismissed these days....

Not by any reputable physicist, it isn't; nor by anyone else involved in the 2,053 nuclear tests conducted since 1945, nor the operators of any of the 443 nuclear reactors currently in service around the world.

"Fact" - I do not think it means what you think it means.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Unless you can prove that there are other lifeforms out there with the ability to observe, then the only conclusion that we can draw based on the data available to us is that we are at the center of the universe. Everything else is just speculation and theory at this point.

Every single observer is at the centre of their own view of the universe - from people to bunny rabbits! Your observable horizon moves with you, making you the centre of your own universe. That doesn't mean Earth (or the Milky Way, or the Virgo supercluster) is the centre!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join