It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth the Center of the Entire Universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I found this and found it interesting and thought I would share it.

Apparently this man puts forward evidence that the earth in particularly may be at the very center of the entire universe. If that is true that would be so amazing.

Earth at the Center of the Universe?

In the link there is two videos talking about the evidence they have found to substantiate the findings. Aparently very controversial.

Thoughts ?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

I didn't have time to really dig into this one,I found the article while I was heading off to bed. I hope to discuss and learn more about this tomorrow.

I can't wait for this doccumentry to come out and be available for me to watch .

edit on 22-6-2015 by enament because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well, if the Universe is infinitely large (goes on forever) then everywhere and anywhere is the center of the Universe.

You are the center of the Universe.

And theres only one you.

Don't let it go to your head. Everyone else is singularly unique, too.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So in 5 minutes you read the entire article? And watched a 5 min and an 11 min video?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

In an infinite system, everywhere would be the centre. Because from your point of view. the distance would be the same and equal in every direction.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is this a joke? Even the scientists who appear in that film are pissed off, because they didn't know their appearances would be edited to make it seem as if they support the ridiculous geocentric premise.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I believe they are talking about the observable universe.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Aparently so, but I am here to deny ignorance and keep an open mind, I don't necessarily believe anything. I do however find it interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Interesting? Perhaps, in a way, but entertaining antiquated, false notions of geocentricity isn't exactly what I would call 'denying ignorance'.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thats like basing our understanding of the known electromagnetic spectrum on just the part we see; color.

edit on 22-6-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
lets hope its not true cause if we are the center of the universe and its relying on us then the universe is f**ked.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: enament
a reply to: anonentity

Say our most powerful telescope for arguments sake can measure a maximum 1 light year. Whichever way you point it, you're only going to see 1 light year in all directions. So we map everything 1 light year in all directions eventually you'll have a light 'sphere' around you, a 3D map if you will of everything mapped. Because of the limit of the telescope it appears we are bang in the center when in reality we are not.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I remember this. It is kinda funny (in a sad sort of way) that this nitwit was able to dupe all of these prominent physicists, and a Starfleet captain!

www.npr.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Sounds like some creationists bs.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Un-scientifically speaking in general terms...we are the centers of our own universe(s). Each of us. From our place/space/location moving outward and away from us.

In that sense...WE are OUR centers moving away in all directions...and Earth too...is the center of ITS universe as a point and place in time as a center where everything is moving away from EARTHS point of origin.

The greater issue is how many Universes...BILLIONS...moving away from their points in space in all directions...give us an incredibly unfathomable image of all of us everywhere in the cosmos...as the center of SOMETHING....even BIGGER!!

It boggles the mind!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think that this guy might have found something but is making the wrong conclusion

Lets think for a minute like the greek Eratosthenes of Cyrene who proved that the earth was a sphere

scienceblogs.com...

What if the universe is actually a sphere where our horizon is 13.6 BLY in each direction, to us it would appear that we are at the center of the universe, to a person that is about 6 BLY away from us it would also appear that he is in the center of the universe because his horizon would be 13.6 BLY in each direction.

Maybe what this scientist proved is that the universe is a sphere and we can probably calculate the size if we knew the curvature, I think that we might have discovered the curvature of the universe according to this

www.skyandtelescope.com...

So if we know the distance 13.6 BLY and the curvature over that distance we could use a mathematical equation to find the size of the sphere that makes up the universe

Hmmmm....

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
While I don't personally jive with the fundies and their big old book, if there's anything to the simulated reality argument, then the contention that our Earth is the literal center of the universe could just be right.
Hey, it could have been created 6000 years ago in six days by a guy with a white beard too for all we know. Or we could be a dream of the Great Old Ones. Or a bored kid playing a video game one afternoon in the year 2754.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It just wouldn't make sense. Earth is not at the center of the solar system, our solar system is nowhere close to the center of our galaxy, and our galaxy is unremarkable when compared with other galaxies. Christian fundies may think they have a reason to believe they are at the center of everything, but in my opinion the bible does not indicate that in any way. Sure, Earth is "special" among planets in the same way YOU are "special" among humans.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Aparently so, but I am here to deny ignorance and keep an open mind

Then find out what the movie is actually saying, find out who John Hartnett is, what his research interests actually are, and whether or not he's actually claiming what the movie says he is.

I'm sure you are already aware what CBN News is; but just in case you've missed it, here is a link to its home page.

As for the filmmaker,

Sungenis, who writes the blog Galileo Was Wrong, also has a history of anti-Semitic writings and Holocaust denial, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. Source

edit on 22/6/15 by Astyanax because: of more info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join