It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth the Center of the Entire Universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Well...big bang in all likelyhood is invalid. Thats not to give credence to this guy...by no means.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
"ancient" times had many myths and fairytales, today we know there's lots of intelligence "out there" and have been visited by aliens via hi-tech blackop
and intel operations

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yes

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It would be more believable if they had said our galaxy was the centre of the universe. Our solar system orbits the centre of the Milky Way, just as the Earth orbits our star....so if they are orbiting, they are moving around an object in the centre, therefore our sun can't be centre and the Earth certainly can't.
edit on 23/6/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
"ancient" times had many myths and fairytales, today we know there's lots of intelligence "out there" and have been visited by aliens via hi-tech blackop
and intel operations

I think someone may have had a bit too much kool-aid....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Well...big bang in all likelyhood is invalid.

Was your Ph.D. in physics, astronomoy or cosmology? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Well...big bang in all likelyhood is invalid.

Was your Ph.D. in physics, astronomoy or cosmology? Just curious.

hehe...none of the above. I do however have a degree in human stupidity. I come from a long line of stupid, that split in groups and populated the world...my parents were stupid, and their parents were stupid. I know stupid.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: enament

According to the latest data, we are kind of away from the "center" of the our Universe.

Just like Earth is not in the core of our galaxy, but in one of the arms.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
No. Just no.

Maybe the center of our know universe. Nah...probably not that either.

BTW, Where the heck is Phage at on this one? He loves smacking down this kinda riff raff.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Technically my head is the center of my observable universe and your head is the center of your observable universe.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm with Phil Plait on this one: www.slate.com...

Saying that, I'd like to see an examination of the film's claim that galaxies seem to be arranged in shells around the Milky Way. Shame that the film is only available at cinema theatres or on DVD - there's no way to examine the claims without paying some money. That, alone, rings warning bells that it's pseudo-scientific woo. Like the Electric Universe "theory".

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Why is everyone here so quick to disclaim this. Don't get me wrong, if this is made up of a bunch of bull, then sure, go ahead. It is obvious most who replied have not even watched the videos tho. And because this goes against their personal beliefs, they are trying to crack jokes about it. It is as if most people replying to this thread have a personal agenda they are trying to force everyone else to follow.

I would love to see actual proof against this data. It seems impossible, but I will hold off judgments until I can view the evidence.

I have seen much evidence building proof for the simulated reality arguments and I do worry that this is adding to it. The theories do scare me, but the evidence it rising more and more.

Even tho the fact that this could be true does scare me, I will not lower myself to make flippant derogatory comments without finding proof about the lies that may be within this work. I will always show others and their beliefs respect until they can be proven wrong. And I refuse to attempt to force my beliefs and conclusions on to others unless I am positive it is correct.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazielBlaze
I would love to see actual proof against this data.

Well, the post above shows that our galaxy is on the edge of a giant Laniakea supercluster.

In fact, at almost every scale, we seem to end up being on the edge of something. The Solar System is almost on the edge of the Milky Way. The centre of the Virgo Supercluster, where our galaxy is located, is near the Virgo Cluster rather than our galaxy's Local Cluster. And, as already mentioned, we're right on the edge of Laniakea.

So yeah, tell me about the Milky Way being at the centre of everything...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Well, the post above shows that our galaxy is on the edge of a giant Laniakea supercluster.

In fact, at almost every scale, we seem to end up being on the edge of something. The Solar System is almost on the edge of the Milky Way. The centre of the Virgo Supercluster, where our galaxy is located, is near the Virgo Cluster rather than our galaxy's Local Cluster. And, as already mentioned, we're right on the edge of Laniakea.

So yeah, tell me about the Milky Way being at the centre of everything...

This is not proof against the data he is presenting, no where does he talk about this.

If I remember right this was made by the Hawaiian scientists showing the pathways of our galaxies.

The data he is referring to is the background microwave radiation. To this is what I would like to see data against.
edit on 23-6-2015 by RazielBlaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to: RazielBlaze

Why is everyone here so quick to disclaim this.

Because it's obvious rubbish.

If this is made up of a bunch of bull, then sure, go ahead.

Well, ask yourself: if Earth is the centre of the Universe, how come it goes round the Sun?

How come the Sun goes round the Galactic centre?

It is obvious most who replied have not even watched the videos tho.

One of them is the trailer for the film. The other is just the article content spoken out loud by a man in a suit. Besides, no-one needs to watch a video to know that Earth is not the centre of the universe. Copernicus already explained that, around the year 1508 or so. That's more than five hundred years ago.

See my second and third lines above.

I have seen much evidence building proof for the simulated reality arguments and I do worry that this is adding to it. The theories do scare me, but the evidence it rising more and more.

There is nothing to worry about. There is absolutely no evidence that reality is simulated, any more than there is that Earth is the centre of the universe. Relax and get on with your life.

I will always show others and their beliefs respect until they can be proven wrong. And I refuse to attempt to force my beliefs and conclusions on to others unless I am positive it is correct.

I would reconsider this attitude if I were you.

A belief is either worthy or respect or it is not. It doesn't matter whether or not the belief is true. It depends on whether or not the believer insists on his belief in the face of clear evidence to the contrary, and it also depends on the nature of the belief. Some false beliefs are stupid, some are wicked, some are both; but a great many of them are simply the result of ignorance, and ignorance is only contemptible when it is wilful.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The data he is referring to is the background microwave radiation. To this is what I would like to see data against.

If I understood the bit in the video right, he says that the fact that the background microwave radiation seems to come at us from all directions means that we're at the centre of the universe. That's bull.

Let's face it, he's just a Creationist trying to manipulate science into supporting his dogma. The fact that he used prominent scientists in such a dishonest way says it all really.

But yeah, it would be nice if the full film was available freely for analysis. It would be great if we wrote a peer-reviewable paper on this topic. I'm sure there would be some scientists who would love to take a close look at it and give their judgement. But, as it stands, the only way to get the full story from him is to pay some money into his pocket.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
How can the Earth be the center of the universe, when there's galaxies that are far older than it that came first.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: enament

It is the centre of our universe.

That is why we look outward - for more information as to the hows and why's.

You know - the big questions.

Compartmentalized types are looking for glory.

Big questions demand non ego driven research.

Feeling this aint it .

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
the epicenter of the multiverse, including the observable Universe... would logically be where the Creator resides and passes out Judgment ~~ namely from the Throne Room in a larger area called Heaven or (3rd heaven)

a place we call "Heaven" is a little different from religion-to-religion, see for yourself on the link below, where 9 varied Heavens are explained as a place that humans go to as a reward

see: www.viralnova.com...

philosophically, I can agree that heaven would be the 'center-of-the-universe' not Earth

And, in concert with that idea is that in a theoretical-academic sense.... Earth in the material universe might just be at the "Lagrange Point" between the center of the Creation and the Abyss (i.e.: heaven - hell)

see: www.physics.montana.edu...
edit on rd30143505722623002015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join