It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Freedom Of Speech Should Racists Be Rounded Up And Jailed? War On Racism?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This thread has zero to do with if your a European, Chinese, South American, African, or your from the moon. It is about hate speech period please discuss the topic of the thread or make another thread about what Europeans are and have at it.
edit on 28-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I say no, we don't need more laws to deal with this issue. Communication that calls for violence to be done is already illegal. If you think something should be done, how about encouraging your local District Attorney to do his job? Or the Dept. of Justice for that matter?

I think this is a major problem in this country, that racial/ethnic issues are not more openly discussed, for fear of offending some ethnic group. What we need in the USA is to be more engaging on this issue, and I will take this opportunity to encourage all of you to engage people of differing cultures in these types of discussions whenever you can. It is something I have made a practice of in my travels: engaging folks of varying culture on the topic of our varying cultures. You should all do the same whenever the opportunity presents itself.

What you seem to have been missing from the other posters' replies, is that banning racist speech is essentially banning culture altogether. Every culture has their ugly side. Do you ban Christianity because they used to advocate the execution of witches and adulturers? Those verses have not been removed from the bible...It seems that if we were to demonize every culture that had some undesirable aspect we wouldn't be left with any by the time we got done.

Calling for violence is already illegal, racially motivated or not. We should all be free to express ourselves, however. If I don't like white people or black people, that's my right to feel that way, even if it is an ignorant point of view.

If you want to make a difference personally, you should make an effort to reach out to those bigots and oppressees in your local area. Help them reach across the dividing lines, if you can. I personally believe that the "racism problem" in this country is mostly an engineered one. Most people that I know of varying culture are just people, they're really not caught up in this whole race blah blah thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have yet to read this thread...but I WILL say right now that ANY time I see the words: "XXXXXXX should be rounded up and jailed!" it makes me pretty nervous. NOBODY except criminals that have been proven guilty without a doubt should be jailed.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
People that advocate mass hate speech need to go, because they are breaking the law period.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Only white people don’t see race or differences. Blacks, browns and Asians sit back and laugh.

In South Africa white people are being hunted down. The rest of the world can see race and can be as racist as they want. They can form enclaves in their new country and multiculturalism tells them they can make their new country just like their old one.

Delusional white people from many different countries and racist non whites could not be happier.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Like I said before those who advocate speech need to be prosecuted because its illegal. I think our goverment has a responsibility to not allow such cancers to fester.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Like I said before those who advocate speech need to be prosecuted because its illegal. I think our goverment has a responsibility to not allow such cancers to fester.

Another power mad progressive. Hate speech is anything Progressives say is hate, including dissenting opinions.

Am I right?

LOL
edit on 2-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

power mad

Exactly, power mad. This type of person wants nothing but power. It isn't even about hate speech, if you have gone through the thread the op only wants whites who he deem are haters to pay, no mention of any other race. Even though all races participate in hate speech (as is their right). I asked a few questions on the matter and was completely ignored, because only white people create hate speech, only the kkk exist to hate etc...

Have you ever seen The Mist? The op reminds me of the Mrs Carmody. People think she is looney so they ignore her attempts to sway them. People didn't notice that she was creating a groupthink atmosphere until it was too late. I worry that the op is the same type of person. He calls for laws on hate speech all the while promoting hate against whites.

Narcissistic to the extreme. Mentally unable to see past himself to the destruction that he leaves behind. So preoccupied with hate that he can't even acknowledge that he is a part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustACoincidence

Only white people don’t see race or differences. Blacks, browns and Asians sit back and laugh.

In South Africa white people are being hunted down. The rest of the world can see race and can be as racist as they want. They can form enclaves in their new country and multiculturalism tells them they can make their new country just like their old one.

Delusional white people from many different countries and racist non whites could not be happier.

So true. In the USA, racism against whites is quietly and systematically carried out, while the whites are being indoctrinated to be color blind. A bigot is a bigot, and they are not all white skinned, I can assure you.

Isn't it interesting that the media can blast us with stories of white on black violence, yet racially (or culturally, if you prefer) motivated attacks on white people are largely ignored. It would seem as if they wish us to believe that culturally (or racially, if you prefer) motivated attacks are only evil when they are perpetrated by white people. If we are to make a big deal about unwarranted violence that is racially motivated (as though that somehow makes it worse than other unwarranted violence), then we as a society should be even handed in our demonization of such acts. The media is not even handed in this regard by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

So it's not just people saying it, but anyone who advocates for freedom of speech needs to be rounded up as well?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout

originally posted by: JustACoincidence

So true. In the USA, racism against whites is quietly and systematically carried out, while the whites are being indoctrinated to be color blind. A bigot is a bigot, and they are not all white skinned, I can assure you.

Isn't it interesting that the media can blast us with stories of white on black violence, yet racially (or culturally, if you prefer) motivated attacks on white people are largely ignored. It would seem as if they wish us to believe that culturally (or racially, if you prefer) motivated attacks are only evil when they are perpetrated by white people. If we are to make a big deal about unwarranted violence that is racially motivated (as though that somehow makes it worse than other unwarranted violence), then we as a society should be even handed in our demonization of such acts. The media is not even handed in this regard by any stretch of the imagination.

Very true and that lack of even handed coverage and examination of the problem of targeted black on white crime is contributing to the balkanization of the US. Its hardening the race lines, the idea of "them v. us" and it makes any meaningful examination of the larger problem near impossible. One of the biggest effects I see on a daily basis is the huge increase in lack of trust of the "other".

Frankly, I don't see any solution on the horizon. We're in a Cold War here.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No more wars on anything. We've seen what the war on drugs and other like-minded efforts has produced; profits.

It may sound noble and all; however, it usually ramps up the state's power, and when the emergency crisis is over, those powers don't diminish back to pre crisis levels.

I do believe in the freedom of speech, but when it's bought and sold in today's times, and held for ransom by the political class, in my opinion poses the gravest danger; when you can buy protection of constitutional amendments ( free speech) meant for individuals, not corporations or even organizations that spout superior and inferior political speech against another race using subsidized platforms.

Having said that, no more wars, just take their wallet and let them say whatever they wish, bought and paid for of they're own accord.

That should eliminate quite a few...

edit on 3-7-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Very true and that lack of even handed coverage and examination of the problem of targeted black on white crime is contributing to the balkanization of the US. Its hardening the race lines, the idea of "them v. us" and it makes any meaningful examination of the larger problem near impossible. One of the biggest effects I see on a daily basis is the huge increase in lack of trust of the "other".

I think that the best approach that we as Americans can make to a real solution is open dialogue on a person to person basis. It appears as though we won't be seeing any sense from the mainstream media on this topic any time soon; but, that doesn't mean that we can't cut through the crap we're being fed with the people we encounter in our day to day lives.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but it was built one brick at a time. Large movements can happen in this way: one person talks with another, they each talk to a few others, and so on. Before you know it we could be waking up to a different world. Perhaps a better one, if we aim to make it so.

Again, to all of those of you who care about countermanding this cultural tension being engineered for us to wallow in, reach out across the lines when you can. I have done this countless times in my travels and I can honestly say that I have been pleasantly surprised more often than I have been disappointed.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I think that the best approach that we as Americans can make to a real solution is open dialogue on a person to person basis. It appears as though we won't be seeing any sense from the mainstream media on this topic any time soon; but, that doesn't mean that we can't cut through the crap we're being fed with the people we encounter in our day to day lives.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but it was built one brick at a time. Large movements can happen in this way: one person talks with another, they each talk to a few others, and so on. Before you know it we could be waking up to a different world. Perhaps a better one, if we aim to make it so.

Again, to all of those of you who care about countermanding this cultural tension being engineered for us to wallow in, reach out across the lines when you can. I have done this countless times in my travels and I can honestly say that I have been pleasantly surprised more often than I have been disappointed.

Very nicely put. Well done.
Its an approach that won't work for everyone, nor will it work in uncivil situations, but where its appropriate, it should be engaged.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If racism were illegal, the old testament would have to be banned. If people want to be racist and believe they are the "chosen" race, that is freedom of religion, but they do not have the right to harm others physically or make discrimination against other races the law.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So it's not just people saying it, but anyone who advocates for freedom of speech needs to be rounded up as well?

You dont have the freedom to shout fire in a movie theatre, and if your advocating for those doing such things causing mass hysteria and such sure. So if someone lets call him John was advocating for some group promoting lets say genocide of other races, passing out genocide pamphlets, waving genocide flags, and allowing his home to be used for a genocide doctrine to be carried out at some point in the future. . . Then yes I would think John would have to be taken in as one of the genocide bunch. Just like if someone was passing out ISIL fliers and havving ISIL rallies at thier house would be suspected of being part of a known terrorist organization. No they dont have the right to preach terrorism, nor should anyone reguardless of race.
edit on 6-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Very nicely put. Well done.
Its an approach that won't work for everyone, nor will it work in uncivil situations, but where its appropriate, it should be engaged.

Good point, there are plenty of situations where "reaching out across the dividing line" would certainly be the wrong move, or make no difference. On the other hand, a few well placed words can sometimes defuse a dangerous situation.

I meant it more in terms of day to day interactions. I'm not suggesting that anyone jump in the middle of a race riot or brawl. Even day to day, though, it won't work for everyone; nor in uncivil situations, as you say.

Hatred can be a powerful thing. Sometimes all of your lack of hatred will not be able to counteract the hatred projected at you.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I thought I'd reply to you to sort of give you my take on the whole thought crime concept, too. We haven't really gone there in this thread yet, so I might as well be that guy.

There's a big difference between the thoughts I think and the actions I take. I think that's probably why most of the more extreme groups in our country aren't just hauled off to prison, despite their hate speech. Not only does it violate the first amendment, it more importantly violates my rights to protection from illegal search and seizure, for where else should I be more secure than within my own mind?

Under the law, I should be able to write some f'd up manifesto of how the world should be, post it in public (or online), and there shouldn't be a damn thing anyone can do about it as long as I don't try to implement this manifesto. "engineercutout's F'd Up Manifesto" we could call it, where we take the (insert your least favorite ethnic group here)'s round them all up and (insert horrific act here) them, just because they're (whatever they are). My point is that having a horrible idea or fantasy isn't the same as trying to implement it. Maybe I just wrote the manifesto to explore the idea, or as a joke, or was having a bad day; or I go to a seminar the next week that makes me decide "well I don't know what I was thinking with that f'd up manifesto, that was just silly."

When someone has or expresses a thought, that is essentially all that they have done. Taking their freedom for it will always be wrong, in my opinion. This is one of the major flaws with bulk data collection and analysis, in my opinion: it only evaluates the data that has been submitted. You who are reading this don't know what the next thought in my head was after I wrote this post, you only know what I submitted to this forum. It will always be an incomplete picture.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Make ignorance illegal and we'd all be in prison.
Somebody has to pay the taxes around here.
I don't know where you're from OP but your perception of the US must come from the MSM.
The reality of who and what we are is the complete opposite of the stuff they show as "News"

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I thought I'd reply to you to sort of give you my take on the whole thought crime concept, too. We haven't really gone there in this thread yet, so I might as well be that guy.

There's a big difference between the thoughts I think and the actions I take. I think that's probably why most of the more extreme groups in our country aren't just hauled off to prison, despite their hate speech. Not only does it violate the first amendment, it more importantly violates my rights to protection from illegal search and seizure, for where else should I be more secure than within my own mind?

Under the law, I should be able to write some f'd up manifesto of how the world should be, post it in public (or online), and there shouldn't be a damn thing anyone can do about it as long as I don't try to implement this manifesto. "engineercutout's F'd Up Manifesto" we could call it, where we take the (insert your least favorite ethnic group here)'s round them all up and (insert horrific act here) them, just because they're (whatever they are). My point is that having a horrible idea or fantasy isn't the same as trying to implement it. Maybe I just wrote the manifesto to explore the idea, or as a joke, or was having a bad day; or I go to a seminar the next week that makes me decide "well I don't know what I was thinking with that f'd up manifesto, that was just silly."

When someone has or expresses a thought, that is essentially all that they have done. Taking their freedom for it will always be wrong, in my opinion. This is one of the major flaws with bulk data collection and analysis, in my opinion: it only evaluates the data that has been submitted. You who are reading this don't know what the next thought in my head was after I wrote this post, you only know what I submitted to this forum. It will always be an incomplete picture.

A good example of what I think shouldnt be allowed is a genocide manifesto driven by racial hatred, reccommending mass shootings of kids and such, ethnic or religious genocide manifestos. These things should be taken very seriously, as the world cant wait for a smoking gun to take a terrorist in after he shoots up a movie theatre, scooh, or church. These crazy people need to be spotted and stopped before they commit crimes against our fellow people.
edit on 8-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join