It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Freedom Of Speech Should Racists Be Rounded Up And Jailed? War On Racism?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: tothetenthpower

We are discussing your objection to the term ''white European''.

The content of the research is another thread.

The term "White European" is about as relevant as saying ginger cat.
Every single citizen in Europe is the result of migration and immigration over hundreds of thousands of years. You are manufacturing a race based solely on aesthetics, and that is BLATANT racism of the most pathetic kind.

SNIP

edit on 24/6/15 by JAK because: Personal comments removed. Please remember to go after the ball, not the player. Thank you

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm fed up with the insane notion that only White people can be racists.
Seems like someone very racist of a different color came up with that whopper.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

[snipped]

I am well aware of the origins of ''white Europeans'', I have written threads on it.

The content of the research and the origins of white Europeans are another thread.

As I said, the discussion is about [snipped] objection of the use of ''white European'', which is a term of ethnicity used extensively here in the UK and Europe, like it or not, this isn't America we aren't wearing reality blinkers and was quoted in some research. It is a valid term. Being white is not a matter of shame.

The issue is that if certain people object to the term ''white European'' being used then unless they are racist they should also object to ''black African'' being used.

So there we have it another [snipped] that doesn't like the word white being used in ethnicity but probably isn't about to go tell all the organisations using ''black' as their foundations for existing to go remove it.

It is called hypocrisy.
edit on 24-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jun 24 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed.... Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Some examples of race and ethnicity being used in reality.

Obviously this is something those denying the existence of race and ethnicity finds objectionable.

en.wikipedia.org...
The Identity code (IC) system used by UK police.

www.clininf.eu...
Ethnicity Recording In General Practice Computer Systems - Study based on the Individual Patient Registration Profile (IPRP) Project

www.biomedcentral.com...
Even the US uses race and ethnicity in science.
New race and ethnicity standards: elucidating health disparities in diabetes

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My wife is of mexican descent....which box does she check?

Its a farce

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

But i do object to "black african".
Its ridiculously inane.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't worry too much about it. That's the official name given them by the Department of Redundancy Department.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Race and ethnicity monitoring and categorizing is done for many purposes.

For medical research, for E&D, best practice, statistics, descriptions, forensics, healthcare, insurance etc.

Here in the UK we also have the 16+1 ethnicity self assessment which means a person ticks whichever category they feel they belong to.

It isn't used for racist purposes, in fact the opposite.

If there wasn't the differentiation for example in medical research, there wouldn't be the cures for known illnesses prevalent in certain races and ethnic groups.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Quite a few years ago I worked in a state prison. There were three racial catagories for inmates. Asian, Black and White. Anyone who wasn't Asian or Black was listed as White.
I have no idea if this is still the same today. This was in 1996.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

It is.

That is why i ask: which box does my wife check, being latina?

And why does what the UK government does legitimize this? The UK government comes from a very, very long history of racial oppression. It was was known as "Imperialism". I mean, they aren't the only government. The Spanish government stripped my wifes people of their culture entirely, and relabeled them as whatever nationality the Spaniard foisted upon them.

Which makes this even stranger....now my wife is being told that the fake culture thrown on her when the Amerind culture was forcefully removed...it no longer seems to count. Because now she is not even latin. She is "white".

If skin color mattered, this would probably piss her and I both off. But skin color...is like paint color. I may find a red sportscar more attractive than a yellow or green one. But aesthetics aside, it matters nil. A lambo is a lambo.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If you are referring to the self assessment then it would be the 16+1 ethnicity coding which is on the Ethnicity Recording In General Practice Computer Systems - Study based on the Individual Patient Registration Profile (IPRP) Project.

The UK uses various systems depending on the situation, some forms are basic and there are a few choices, others are the more detailed 16+1.

The choices are based on the largest ethnic groups in the UK, of which there isn't as much of a Hispanic / Latino contingent as the US, hence not being specifically mentioned on the less detailed forms, as you can imagine there are many ethnic groups in the world and they can't all be on the form. Here in the UK there is a larger Indian and Chinese migrant groups that contain ethnicities within each group that would be more relevant to add to the forms if there was increased detail.

However, on the 16+ 1 ethnic coding system, a person of Mexican ethnicity might identify themselves as a 9FG Latin American or if they identified as white there are many choices in white ethnicity in the 16+1 ethnic coding.

clinicalcodes.rss.mhs.man.ac.uk...

www.clininf.eu...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Im not british

But my point is that the UK government isnt the authority on race, the US government doesnt recognize the same racea, thus it is all just arbitrary, variable, and subjective.

I can see that you and your government take this whole race thing seriously. It just baffles me as to why.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

All developed nations use ethnic monitoring, for the purposes I already said, such as for medical research, for E&D, best practice, statistics, descriptions, forensics, healthcare, insurance etc.

The US just uses another set of categories, they are similar.

Such systems exist because there are variances in genetics etc that are used in medical research, and because most ethnic groups in the world are fiercely protective of their ethnicity.

Also because there are laws about discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity therefore to ensure organisations and individuals are keeping legal there is monitoring.

You can blame the US for spreading the litigious nature of societies. Perhaps you would see the point of ethnicity if ever you encountered discrimination because of ethnicity.

Are you suggesting you don't agree to ethnic monitoring, race base medical research, and organisations using race as their basis for existing?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There is only one race and thats the human race period.

Racism needs to be called out as hate speech as that is exactly what it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If "white european" was really a thing, wouldn't it be acknowledged by other nations, like the US ?

British Imperialism sought to categorize all humans, and usually in a category that was lesser than them. COuld the current UK system just be a throwback to this imperialist mindset?

Besides, while racial demographics may be maintained for medical reasons, it is not medical reasons that causes worry about the extinction of "white europeans". At least, not outside fertility and potency studies, maybe.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think there is a growing concern in America and in other countries around the world that racist groups are dangerous. Homegrown terrorism based on a racist ideology may be the biggest threat the country may have to face in the future.
edit on 28-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

So if you stop them from talking, will that stop the hate?

Maybe shutting them up builds up the steam and blows the lids higher.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

So if you stop them from talking, will that stop the hate?

Maybe shutting them up builds up the steam and blows the lids higher.

Every great journey begins with a single step. It would put a wrench in thier recruitment of youth.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

White European is used by other nations including the US.

People should stop equating white Europeans with imperialism and expecting guilt. Go look at Africa, China, South America, they have appalling records of all sorts of things but their ethnicity isn't slandered like white Europeans.

As I have said before if you object to the term ''white European'' then you should unless you are a hypocrite object to all definitions of ethnicity and most especially to organisations using them as their basis for existence, such as all those organisations just for black people or asian people.

www.cdc.gov...

WHITE (100-199)

White
101 White
102 Arab
103 English
104 French
105 German
106 Irish
107 Italian
108 Near Easterner
109 Polish
110 Scottish
111 Armenian
112 Assyrian
113 Egyptian
114 Iranian
115 Iraqi
116 Lebanese
117 Middle East
118 Palestinian
119 Syrian
120 Other Arab
121 Afghanistani
122 Israeli
123 Californio
124 Cajun
125 EUROPEAN
126 PORTUGUESE
127 ALBANIAN
128 CROATIAN
129 CZECH
130 RUSSIAN
131 UKRANIAN
132 CZECHOSLOVAKIAN
133 BOSNIAN
134 KOSOVIAN
199 Multiple WHITE responses

www.cdc.gov...&%20Ethnicity%20Background%20and%20Purpose.pdf

Race and Ethnicity Code Set Version 1.0
Prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention March 2000
Background and Purpose
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has prepared a code set for use in coding
race and ethnicity data. This code set is based on current federal standards for classifying data on
race and ethnicity, specifically the minimum race and ethnicity categories defined by the U.S. Office of
Management and Budget (OMB) and a more detailed set of race and ethnicity categories maintained
by the U.S. Bureau of the Census (BC). The main purpose of the code set is to facilitate use of federal
standards for classifying data on race and ethnicity when these data are exchanged, stored, retrieved,
or analyzed in electronic form. At the same time, the code set can be applied to paper-based record
systems to the extent that these systems are used to collect, maintain, and report data on race and
ethnicity in accordance with current federal standards.
Race and Ethnicity Concepts
The code set consists of two tables: (1) Race and (2) Ethnicity. Concepts in the Race and Ethnicity
tables include the OMB minimum categories, 5 races and 2 ethnicities, along with a sixth race
category, Other race, and a more detailed set of race and ethnicity categories used by the BC. The
OMB minimum categories for data on race are American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or
African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and White. There are two OMB minimum
categories for data on ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, and Not Hispanic or Latino. More information on
the OMB minimum categories and federal standards for classifying data on race and ethnicity is
available at www.whitehouse.gov... The categories used by the BC
adhere closely to the basic classification framework provided by the OMB standards, with the notable
exception of a sixth race category, Other Race, used to collect and tabulate decennial census data.
The BC also collects more detailed race and ethnicity data in its decennial census by asking
respondents to self-identify their race and ethnicity in a series of categorical questions and free textdata fields. The BC’s summarization and categorization of these responses provide a detailed set of
race and ethnicity concepts, grouped in accordance with the OMB standards. The detailed concepts in
the Race and Ethnicity tables are based on the BC’s summarization and categorization of responses to
the March 1998 dress rehearsal for the year 2000 decennial census.

edit on 28-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join