It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Freedom Of Speech Should Racists Be Rounded Up And Jailed? War On Racism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So there are alot of racists in America should the government go to war against racism similar to its war on drugs?

There is a real race problem in the US, and it makes me wonder is it time the racists waving confederate flags and collecting weapons for thier race war to be delt with by the government and seperated from the rest of the sane non racists?

It amazes me that the governemt and laws of the land allow people to be so racist in this day and age, and our society is so tolerant of hate groups like the KKK. Should all hate groups preaching ignorant hate be labeled as terrorist organizations?

Should the Confederate flag be banned?

Should it be illegal to be a ignorant racist.

Does the government need to protect its people from people who would endanger thier fellow citizens with racist ideology?

Should the partriot act go into effect to start sifting through social media and e-mails for racist key words.

Should radical racists of the KKK and those who join similar hate groups which wave the confederate flag be arrested?

Do we need a threat level to be assigned to various racists?

Should being a racist make someone an enemy of the people, and should they be considered armed and dangerous, or ticking time bombs?
edit on 20-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
I don't think that is the answer.
Not at all.

People do have the right to be ignorant if they want, we just need to not act like they are not when it happens.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Do we have freedom in this country or not?

Is THAT what you are asking?

In other words.....if the SCOTUS can side with Westboro Church then EVERYHING should be AOK.
edit on 20-6-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Then what...

War on the religious.... War on the Republicans.... The Jews .... War on any ideals that disagree with your point of view?

Nobody likes racists except racists but when you start jailing people for what they say, it will only end when one train of thought rules the country and everyone will live in fear except the "disciples of political correctness".

Not to mention, if you want to stop MURDER, why not start with anyone with a gang tattoo?

Also I learned from my time in the military that there are a hell of a lot of "racists" within the minority community. Know what the strange thing is about that? Well, they can preach hate and actually get applause!

edit on 20-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What amazes ME is that people think the "thought police" is a good idea.

And that the government should legislate morality (like this).
edit on 20-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Left out words. Oof.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
What amazes ME is that people think the "thought police" is a good idea.

And that the government should legislate morality (like this).

Actually as a an LEO don't you already legislate morality?

Oh...I get. It's ok if it's your version of morality......or your masters.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Racism is a horrible blight in this country that comes in all forms and from all angles. But it's not just the US. England has it's EDL, etc. It's a global problem that is simply difficult to understand for those of us who don't engage in it.

However, to paint this spree killing idiot kid with the single brush of "racist" is to ignore not just the racial divide, but a slew of other tremendous societal and environmental failures.

For example, if the mental health system were actually funded in the US with anything near the necessary funds, this kid might have been seen as a legitimate threat years before he, himself, even realized it - offering an opportunity to help him find healthier thought patterns.

His friends, both black and white, are all coming forward confessing that he's been talking about this for awhile. Why did NOBODY see a red flag as a red freaking flag?

His father? Who in the sweet name of God buys their mentally ill, racist, convicted felon of a son a freaking 45 for a present? KNOWING that said son cannot legally own a gun?

It would not surprise me one bit if the investigation ultimately reveals that this kid had a crush on a girl who ended up dating a black guy - and THAT is all it took for this insecure little monster to surface and lash out.

This kid is like the poster child of all that is wrong with America - rolled up into one batsnot crazy, Prozac dazed, media induced, half-educated insecure little self-entitled prick who feels that HIS view is important enough to matter more than the view of others.

Phew...

There is a lot more going on with this dolt than simple racism. Race is simply one pimple on this cratered butt cheek of a soul.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Actually as a LEO I don't legislate anything.

Good try though.

Edit for your edit - why did you feel compelled to edit? Try #1 was a miserable fail so you had to change the spin on try #2? It's okay, I get it. Read my comment again. No need to assign any meaning beyond what's written. It is what it is.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Editing to change our slant is fun!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

If you've ever held an unpopular opinion on something you should know the answers to those questions.

NO

You don't want to open that door.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a template for the new Soviet Union.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Theres racist in every country, and no we cant arrest them for behing idiots.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You're saying something I disagree with.

Should you be silenced?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The war on poverty created more poor people . The war on terrorism created more terrorist .The war on drugs have created more people on drugs .Be very careful what you put into the hands of politicians to deal with . They promise us less taxes but we end up being taxed more . They increase security for us but we are less secure . It seems futile to think they could come with anything other the draconian ways to address issues that we the people need to deal with ourselves .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Your bigotry towards bigots amazes me.

On a serious note

I wonder what the Native Americans think of all this.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Senator McCarthy? Is that you?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This irritates me.

We as individual humans with free will should be free to dislike whomever and whatever we like. We do I have to like Jews, Blacks, Chinese or french people.

Why can I not actively not like them? IF I am not causing violence then all is far in love and war.

Its people who label people that are the stupid ignorant ones. You have all been conditioned to accept the western propaganda of BS. So now a person who stands up and say "I do not like black colored people" gets a nice little label of racist. Yet he is peaceful and respectful he still gets the label.

Next you'll all want anyone who hates religious people to be jailed to.

Grow up. You all take things way to personally and let feelings over look sound judgement.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

So there are alot of racists in America should the government go to war against racism similar to its war on drugs?

Seeing the huge success the war on drugs has been do you really think a war on racism would do any better? And what happened after the war on drugs started? Drug usage went up so a war on racism would just increase the number of sick minded individuals. Until a person has broken a law there is nothing that can be done against them.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
fascism is a self destructive two way street. say you have a fascist doing evil *snip* which causes a reaction by others (say world war two nazi trials). they then end up putting the fascists to death by trial, still the fascists win by creating an opposing fascism. Whether you beleive your good or evil, fascist ideology ends up succeeding but as a polar opposite of how it originated as evil. hence both sides in a fascist (knowing it or not) ends up to be a self destructive ideology and practice.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Who would decide what is racist or not? We have so many hyper sensitive off-the-chart politically correct control freaks in this country, they would be calling 911 every time you turned around.

I don't like thugs...period.

Some would call that a racist remark because they interpret that word through their own racial lens. But, I don't have a racist bone in my body. I call a thug a thug no matter what the color, but some on this very board get all up in your face about using that word.

So...we would have to have a list of words that would be allowed and ones that would not. We would have to have rules about using phrases, even in jest. Would there be exceptions like when blacks call each other n***a, but whites can't tease their friends with that name.

Can you imagine!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You know, I read that manifesto supposedly written by Roof. It has some truth in it, like the parts about resenting what appears to be "reverse racism"... I know quite a few people who feel that way. It has some historical myths, like the once-believed correlation between skin color and intelligence. And it has some parts that read like something out of a slave-trader diary or something that was penned by Hitler himself.

It's pretty scary. But it's also revealing if its authenticity is to be belived. Even the truths I spoke of are rooted to a large part in ignorance. We don't have a racial problem here; we have an ignorance problem. How does one combat ignorance? With knowledge of course. How does one acquire knowledge? Through communication. How does one communicate with others? By speech.

So yeah, let's restrict speech some more. That'll solve the problem.

Let's get rid of that mean old flag too. That'll show people we're serious! Stop them from being able to take pride in their heritage, so they'll finally decide others should take pride in their heritage. That won't breed resentment.

While we're stirring the pot, let's make sure people are afraid to communicate, by making a slip of the tongue a legal offense. Let's make opinions that don't fit well with the minority du-jour criminal. Let's make people afraid to speak. We won't wipe out racism, but we'll identify a lot of racists, because everyone who speaks will be racist.

I hope, I pray, that the OP was a practice in sarcasm. Because if it wasn't, it shows we have truly passed the point of no return. We have regressed as a society to the point where we can no longer make intelligent decisions. We are become animals, fighting amonst each other for a chance to become alpha in a pack hierarchy where no alphas can exist save those running the show behind the scenes.

I said a long time ago, on this very forum, that the next Civil War would be worse than the last one. In the last one, one pretty well knew which side a person was on by where they lived; in the next one, the only way to know your enemy will be when the knife is sticking out of your back. Your own family members will become suspect. I fear that kind of war, but it appears it is closer than I had hoped.

So yeah, go ahead. Pass a law against "racism". Might as well get this over with.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join