It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney officer resigns due to actions in pool party video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: damwel

originally posted by: Edumakated

Try reading some facts...

theconservativetreehouse.com...-102081

You aren't going to get any "Facts" there.

No, just the scrubbed Twitter messages telling about how the girl kicked the white ladies ass and who sponsored a party without permission for profit and is now crying about how abused she feels. But she's cute with big knockers so everybody is going to believe her side without question.

That girl, Grace, who is the party promoter's friend, even admits on twitter that she called a resident 'white trash.'

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

You aren't going to get any "Facts" there.

So go ahead and explain which parts you don't believe to be factual.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree with article. The whole issue is being blown WAY out of proportion, and the party organizer and teens that attended are genuinely at fault for disrupting the peace in that community. They needed to be removed from the premises.

However, the officer acted out of line in enforcing that removal, and deserves punishment.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree with article. The whole issue is being blown WAY out of proportion, and the party organizer and teens that attended are genuinely at fault for disrupting the peace in that community. They needed to be removed from the premises.

However, the officer acted out of line in enforcing that removal, and deserves punishment.

It is easy to say someone was out of line when you aren't the one trying to handle the situation. Go to worldstarhiphop and look at all the videos of supposedly 14-15 year olds getting in fights, etc and then try to put yourself in a situation where you are trying to apprehend a girl running off at the mouth while being surrounded by dozens of other unruly teens.

Look, I am not saying all cops are good, nor do I subscribe to this BS that cops are the gestapo that get promoted on these threads. They have a tough job and all this internet quarterbacking is not good. An environment is being created where cops are not going to be willing to do anything for fear of reprisal. Why take the risk now?

Mouthing off at police is never a good thing. Ever. It unnecessarily escalates a situation. I recall back in my crazy youth days of attending Freaknik in Atlanta when I was a college studetn. If you don't know what it is, look it up. Complete pandemonium. Police were on edge because the entire city of Atlanta had basically been overrun with partying college students (and thugs).

I was the designated driver in a car full of drunk college students and we got pulled over at a road block. I wasn't drinking. However, a few of the passengers had open containers. The cop basically just said pour out the beer and was going to let us go since I clearly had not been drinking. One of my idiot friends decided he wanted to debate the law of open containers in a car. WTF? Next thing you know I could see the situation starting to get out of control, but fortunately we were able to get the idiot to STFU and pour the beer and we were told to go on our way. We could have been thrown in jail for the weekend all because one drunk idiot didn't know how to STFU. It was not the time nor place to be debating with cops when they were already on edge.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
I would not be at all surprised if he has been offered police work elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Sorry, but to the people in this thread defending Supercop's actions: at what point was the barrel roll necessary?

He was trying to act like an action hero. End of story.

Now was it a barrel roll, a ninja roll or a trip, either way it was ridiculous. I'm sure someone will try and defend it on here though. That seems to be the order of the day, don't blame the police blame the 14 year olds in their bathing suits, because they must be dangerous

At the end of the day both share some blame but that in no way excuses supercops antics..why weren't the other 11 cops doing superhero moves and acting all billy badass..because they probably realize you cant de-escalate a sitiation by running around like an idiot.
edit on 10-6-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

So now we get into whos account was correct.

We have people that were there saying different things, what makes the account you just put any more credible?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod very diplomatic response.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So now we get into whos account was correct.

We have people that were there saying different things, what makes the account you just put any more credible?

We don't have anyone admitting they used the term section 8 housing as was claimed.

We do, however, have the teen saying she called a woman white trash.

In my opinion that makes it a little more credible.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The same unimpeachable witness you so adore also says that the self same individuals who called the police and complained about curse words in the music then demonstrated their level of adult behavior by cursing out the kids they took issue with and using derogatory racial comments. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this instance. If you're going to use part of her statements, include all of them when forming your opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

The same unimpeachable witness you so adore also says that the self same individuals who called the police and complained about curse words in the music then demonstrated their level of adult behavior by cursing out the kids they took issue with and using derogatory racial comments. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this instance. If you're going to use part of her statements, include all of them when forming your opinion.

What the heck are you talking about? The mainstream media has been pushing this agenda of McKinney residents being racist. I am pointing out that there's more to this story than is being officially reported and that these "innocent children" were not exactly all innocent.

I have pointed out I think the officer was in the wrong in previous posts.

There's no "adoring" on my part but thanks for trying.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The core issue is that parties were wrong on BOTH sides.

And the officer in question acted out of line.

I honestly don't know why this is getting so much media attention.

Oh wait, I do. The whole "Black Lives Matter" movement and the good Rev Al Sharpton gotta stoke the fires of race hate to line their pockets.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex
a reply to: amazing

I could be mistake, but I remember hearing this senior officer was also an instructor for the PD. This must be the newly adopted (from the Military) OFFICIAL policy of "Shock & Awe" in the American streets.

I must admit that I love the barrel roll and hope all police departments adapt that as policy!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Things are not what they seem.............Up is down and left is right. The police chief and Mayor make me want to vomit as they fall all over themselves apologizing.......What are they worried about this is not the getto.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You're completely missing the point here. You're claiming that your perspective is the more correct one based on what one girl said. You are however only repeating statements that reflect your preconceived notion. Hey, if you want to delude yourself into thinking it's on the up and up and devoid of hypocrisy that's your call. Personally I agree with several other posters in that both sides or rather all 3( attendees of party, residents of the community and the actions of the police) are completely at fault for the end result. Every one of them needs to own their responsibility here.
edit on 10-6-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The core issue is that parties were wrong on BOTH sides.

And the officer in question acted out of line.

I honestly don't know why this is getting so much media attention.

Oh wait, I do. The whole "Black Lives Matter" movement and the good Rev Al Sharpton gotta stoke the fires of race hate to line their pockets.

why weren't the adult white women that assaulted the black teenage girls arrested?...or at least placed in handcuffs?
edit on 10-6-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You're completely missing the point here. You're claiming that our perspective is the more correct one based on what one girl said. You are however only repeating statements that reflect your preconceived notion. Hey, if you want to delude yourself into thinking it's on the up and up and devoid of hypocrisy that's your call. Personally O agree with several other posters in that both sides or rather all 3( attendees of party, residents of the community and the actions of the police) are completely at fault for the end result. Every one of them needs to own their responsibility here.

you do know that the attendees of the party were mostly residents of the community, right?...they didn't parachute in from the ghetto

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So one teen is dumb enough to say what she said while the adults may be smart enough to not broadcast that?

Still seems like a he said she said.

What I have noticed, is anyone defending the officer wants to talk about everything but what he did to that 15 year old girl.

I agree it sounds like the cops needed to come and break things up, I agree that the cop had reason to pull his gun like he did when those two kids did what they did.

What I do not agree with is how he man handled that girl for talking back.

Nothing can justify how that happened.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

You're completely missing the point here. You're claiming that our perspective is the more correct one based on what one girl said. You are however only repeating statements that reflect your preconceived notion. Hey, if you want to delude yourself into thinking it's on the up and up and devoid of hypocrisy that's your call. Personally O agree with several other posters in that both sides or rather all 3( attendees of party, residents of the community and the actions of the police) are completely at fault for the end result. Every one of them needs to own their responsibility here.

you do know that the attendees of the party were mostly residents of the community, right?...they didn't parachute in from the ghetto

Bingo. Many of them were residents, yet the cop came in, acted like he was in a rambo movie, and lumped all the black teens together. Did he think to try and investigate the situation? Nope, he saw a bunch of black kids, instantly TROUBLE! Those poor white folk, no need to investigate this further. And then there was his handling of some of the kids. This here is the main issue that forced him to resign in the end. Everything else, the talk of people climbing over fences, white ladies smacking black girls, the kids threatening the cops, all hearsay.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
From the news conference apparently he had been on two suicide calls earlier that day.

www.theguardian.com...

A lawyer representing the Texas police officer who threw a black girl to the ground and waved a gun at other teenagers during a pool party has defended her client, saying the video “depicts only a small part” of his actions that day.

Eric Casebolt resigned from the police force in McKinney, Texas, on Tuesday, and officials were quick to place full blame on him, calling his “out of control” after video footage spread and protesters descended upon the town at a time when relations between police and communities of color are under increased scrutiny.

Attorney Jane Bishkin addressed the media on Wednesday, saying that on the day of the incident, Casebolt began work at 6pm and responded to two suicide calls, which “took an emotional toll on Eric Casebolt”.

The Counted: people killed by police in the United States in 2015 – interactive
The Guardian is counting the people killed by US law enforcement agencies this year. Read their stories and contribute to our ongoing, crowdsourced project
Read more
Turning to the video, Bishkin said that when he arrived on the scene of the pool party, his actions “were were only an attempt to investigate a report of violent assault.”

“He believed that those who fled were possible suspects. He was not targetting minorities,” she said.

Dan Malenfant, president of the McKinney fraternal order of the police, described Casebolt as a top performer in the department who has received death threats since the incident.

Bishkin said he and his family have left their home, and the death threats are why he would not be appearing in public himself on Wednesday

edit on 013030p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join