It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney officer resigns due to actions in pool party video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Good. One more coward cop off our streets.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I am with ScientificRailgun on this. By her own admission the girl who hosted the party and her mother broke HOA rules, and other kids trespassed into the pool. Whether or not there were fights, drugs, underage alcohol, etc. between kids and the local residents depends on whom you ask. Both sides probably did things inappropriately, to what extent there is not much evidence. According the police chief, the cop was 1 out of 12 that responded and overreacted / escalated rather than de-escalated. Arguably, the cop / police station is whom the protests should be oriented towards.

Why then, were the protests marching through the neighborhood, if it was the behavior of the police they were protesting? Why are there death threats being levied against folks in the neighborhood to a point where some of them have left? Why were there instances of bricks going through windows, vandalism, etc.?

Sure - it could be coincidence, but the significant uptick in these events at this one neighborhood right after this event suggest otherwise. Whether or not it was some of the protestors, or outside agitators, the point is the media has once again put innocent peoples lives in danger because of their driving home this divisive race narrative.

Many others have made this point, but in my opinion this situation could be chalked up to kids get out of hand throwing party against the rules, kids misbehave and have altercation with residents who are upset, cops are called, one cop overreacts for whatever reason (ninja roll included), and ends up pinning a young person for mouthing off to him.

The cop has already resigned, which in my opinion should be sufficient. They need to leave the peaceful, diverse community out of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

And the vandalism was before the protest, so it was the event that caused that, not the protest.

I agree that it very much sounds like the cops needed to be there, I have said that over and over again.
Doesn't negate how they one cop acted.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Cry me a river. If he was that emotionally drained he should have let his superiors know.
edit on 6/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's sad to see that, despite both a former assistant director of the FBI and the police chief over the officer involved saying the officer was out of line, people are still essentially saying "but... but..."

No. This thread is a sad display of that very behavior.

There was no excuse for his behavior. The fact that this officer resigned before internal investigation says it all.

The thread is about the officer, not Mr./Ms. X/Y/Z/etc other person there.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yup, and from what I understand a resignation before an investigation would allow him to go off and get another police job in another town/state. Considering how many people are defending him, I wouldn't imagine it would be hard for him to find a job offer.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Ya they just want to talk about everything but his actions.

And those speaking against him are libtards that are scared of the PC police.

It is pathetic indeed.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Okay, this needs to be cleared up concerning the vandalism: The homeowners reported bottles thrown at cars and cars being vandalized on Saturday, the day after the pool incident. Those who have chosen to speak out about what they felt really happened are receiving death threats.

The protest march didn't happen until several days later. I haven't heard anyone saying they've been vandalised because of the march so maybe I missed something?
Thanks for clearing that up. Kinda puts an end to it being the protesters, in my mind. If the vandalism happened before the protests, I apologize for assuming the vandals came with the protesters.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
It's sad to see that, despite both a former assistant director of the FBI and the police chief over the officer involved saying the officer was out of line, people are still essentially saying "but... but..."

But haven't you heard, they're just pandering. Apparently the only reason someone would conclude that this former officers actions were inappropriate is by ignoring facts, accepting widely spread lies, misinformation/total lack of knowledge, and the media made them do it. This former officer was a shining example of quality police work.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Sad state of affairs... everyone is focused on the cop like he killed or maimed a dozen teenagers...

Nobody died, nobody is maimed, as far as I can tell nobody was hurt..

Yet residents get death threats... Cop gets death threats, his family gets death threats... Homes and cars of the residents are vandalized, all because the media focused on the cop cuffling a girl.

The media portrayed the area like an arian nation vacation community and caused this massive over reaction and Innocent people are now scared and feeling alone...

But by all means continue to focus on a cop that did not hurt or kill anyone in this incedent..
edit on 11-6-2015 by Irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

edit on 11-6-2015 by Irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Okay, this needs to be cleared up concerning the vandalism: The homeowners reported bottles thrown at cars and cars being vandalized on Saturday, the day after the pool incident. Those who have chosen to speak out about what they felt really happened are receiving death threats.

The protest march didn't happen until several days later. I haven't heard anyone saying they've been vandalised because of the march so maybe I missed something?
Thanks for clearing that up. Kinda puts an end to it being the protesters, in my mind. If the vandalism happened before the protests, I apologize for assuming the vandals came with the protesters.

Don't apologize. I read Breitbart and it claims they talked with the homeowners after the protests and that's what they said. I, personally, think it's a misunderstanding but I could be wrong. And bricks were thrown through windows and someone kicked a door in while the homeowner was away. It's disgraceful. In my mind, this is just as bad as that girl getting thrown to the ground by the cop.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You know, I'm not certain there wasn't any vandalism during the protest march. I did not know the Nation of Islam group and the New Black Panthers showed up for the march. And, yes, there was at least one professional protester there, too. Deray McKesson. This guy was also at Ferguson and Baltimore. (Hannity interviewed him on Fox)
edit on 11-6-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There are going to be two different groups outside the The McKinney PD tomorrow evening. There's a another protest march called "March Against Police Brutality" and there will be another protest group (protesting the protestors) called "Back The Blue" at the exact same place and time supporting the police. This will be much larger than the police supporters at the last march and is circling on facebook.

There are also rumors that Al Sharpton is in town.

I don't know, but I have an uneasy feeling about this.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Sad state of affairs... everyone is focused on the cop like he killed or maimed a dozen teenagers...

Nobody died, nobody is maimed, as far as I can tell nobody was hurt..

If I'd ambled up to Casebolt and popped a couple of kokyunage's on him just for fun, if he didn't die or wasn't maimed, would that be ok?

It's not that he didn't end up hurting anyone. His behavior was unacceptable, out he goes. He wouldn't have quit if he didn't know he was about to end up on the short end of the investigation. HE knew he'd #ed up. His BUDS knew he'd #ed up. And his boss knew he'd #ed up.

What the video shows you is more this is the way this guy acts all the time. It's not limited to this particular incident. He's showing you how he behaves. And this putz is a trainer.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Can you point to where I said he shouldn't be investigated?

The media has portrayed this as racial, families have gotten death threats over this.

People on this site have talked about him losing any shot at providing for his family, and folks here are cheering this fact.

Was he over tge top yes... So demote him and give him a second chance, after some additional training.

We have cops that have killed people that have gotten multiple second chances.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
The barrel roll is what pushes this story over the top.

That barrel roll had me chuckling from the instance I saw it.

Think I might have to watch Super Troopers now.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Well, good for that chief! One officer out of control, and he called it for what it was. I;d have liked to see some of the cops on scene say something to the guy, but this is something, at least.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Can you point to where I said he shouldn't be investigated?

Can you point to where I accused you of that?

HE'S afraid of being investigated, it's why he bailed rather than face the music.

The media has portrayed this as racial, families have gotten death threats over this.

People on this site have talked about him losing any shot at providing for his family, and folks here are cheering this fact.

No, no he should be able to get a job. Just not as a law enforcement officer. The gates of employment are open wide for him to do something else. He could teach Krav Maga, maybe, but he doesn't seem to be able to take a healthy 15 year old...

I posted on one of these threads that he ought to be decertified. I still hold to that. He obviously has issues dealing with stress. And yet he's a trainer. The problem is, and it's my core issue with LEOs, that he has tremendous leverage to ruin other people's lives. The system is geared to give him the benefit of the doubt. To hide his shortcomings behind the blue wall. And yet, he has just demonstrated that despite having a couple of service stripes, he's a putz. It took 10 years to get him to THIS point, why assume he'll EVER do any better? You're asking to turn the natives over to a donkey, who after 10 years in the saddle has just showed the world he's incompetent. Substandard. I don't think you're going to wipe the 5' 4" off this guy with a sensitivity course. This pool thing was a minor challenge. But he failed it with a bang.

Was he over tge top yes... So demote him and give him a second chance, after some additional training.

We have cops that have killed people that have gotten multiple second chances.

And that's a big issue right there. People are starting to notice. Political pressure will begin to mount. And eventually, LEOs will face a big kaizen movement. You will be monitored every minute you're on the job. It won't happen right away, but it'll happen. It'll be to HELP you.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Try reading some facts...

theconservativetreehouse.com...-102081

Excellent data there, thanks. That Grace girl looks trashy herself, and she's not being honest. Her dad even altered what she said, claiming several people made "racial" comments, when she said ONE did. The party organizer is even more full of it, unable to even look directly at the camera through most of her little speech. If she and her mother are residents, I hope the HOA has them removed for such a gross violation of the rules. And I say that as someone who doesn't care for HOAs. Look what they have done for that community! The political analyst on the news report is an idiot. Wh all of the attention on the roll the cop did? He fell, recovered beautifully, and moved on. Nothing AT ALL wrong with that! He didn't do a roll for show. She pushes the racist stuff too much as well, and won't acknowledge that could bave come from the pool crashers as easily as from the residents. The one trashy white girl even says she called someone else "white trash", and says fighting occurred, not really who started it. The video doesn't show that clearly. Where is the start of that fight? Missed, or edited off?

Edited to add - the stills of the bit just before the cop pulls the gun show things a bit better than the video. I must therefore correct my earlier comments on another thread, that he wasn't really threatened. Seems he easily could have been.

That girl, Grace, who is the party promoter's friend, even admits on twitter that she called a resident 'white trash.'

Yes, and how hypocritical. I don't believe she's honest at all.

a reply to: maybee

What they're not reporting is that homes in the sub-division have been vandalized, and people living there are getting death threats.

But yeah, "peaceful" protests.

Now that's quite interesting. We have these party organizers, in from Chicago, who apparently do this for money, prompting carloads of non-residents to be brought in, fighting breaks out after many break into the pool area, a single cop geets out of control, and now residents are attacked, and some are leaving? One might not be amise to wonder of a forced change int he neighborhood wasn't planned. I smell a rat, or several.

a reply to: SonOfThor

You hit the same pont, I believe, as I did just now. Why target the neighborhood, for the actions of one guy, who apparently wasn't having a very good day? No, that doesn't excuse his behavior, but it does explain it somewhat. Except for the sitting ont hat one teen so long, anyway.

On that note, and to all, what would the national reaction be had that girl been white? Would we even be hearing about this? Bad action on his part, no matter who the girl was, but you have to wonder.

I am curious as to how differnt that area will look in a couple of years, because of all of this. Starting to feel there is a lot more than what we see going on.
edit on 11-6-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: forgot something

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Who cares what she said

If we want to leave race and what was said racially out of it then it works both ways.
Either it wasn't racially charged, which works both ways, or it was and what we have to take everyone's account of what was said.
Just because one girl admitted what she said doesn't some how negate that anyone said anything to them

The vandalism took place before the protest.

None of that changes what the cop did.

I will agree the cops needed to be called, but it doesn't excuse his actions.
About the only thing I agree with is how he acted when the kids did what they did while he was assaulting the girl.
Those kids were bone heads and very lucky they didn't get shot.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join