It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney officer resigns due to actions in pool party video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

My thoughts exactly, no one rushed towards the cop until he threw the young girl down, which was completely uncalled for. No matter what the girl may have said, the cop is supposed to be the professional, and not go all judge dredd on a bunch of teenagers. It literally seemed like he was running around and trying to arrest every black kid he saw.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Good first step.

Now they need to decertify the guy, so he can't mosey down the road and do this again at the next department.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

My guess is he resigned in hopes it would end the outrage and he could quietly move on to another dept easy enough.
Im still betting he does.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Do these police have access to close air support should another pool party get out of hand or is 12 tooled up officers enough to tackle a bunch of 14 year olds?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's funny... Haven't watched the video.... But i see everyone saying I don't know what she said... But that doesn't matter..

If you don't know... Well what if it was a threat to his family... Or even him..14 yr Olds aren't like they used to be, I've heard some heinous comments out of kids today.

If it was a threat he had every right to restrain her.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Oh please, give me a break. She's half naked 14 y/o girl. He's a grown man with boots, gun, tazer, cuffs, trained and in tactical gear.

If you can't figure out who's got the advantage there you shouldn't be allowed to use crayons without supervision.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry, but to the people in this thread defending Supercop's actions: at what point was the barrel roll necessary?

He was trying to act like an action hero. End of story.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Edumakated

That's all fine and dandy that the event got out of control and needed the cops to be called. It was how the one acted once they got there.

The girl was grabbed for talking back, last time I checked that is not illegal.

With all the championing of free speech we got going on we should know that. As that is exactly what it is for.

I talked with one of my clients who lives in the neighborhood and she said the girl in the bikini hollered that the cop was "going down'. Now, I can't confirm that's what this girl said but it does explain why the cop walked over to her in the street and grabbed her. (And it doesn't excuse the cop's actions)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Sorry, but to the people in this thread defending Supercop's actions: at what point was the barrel roll necessary?

He was trying to act like an action hero. End of story.

Now was it a barrel roll, a ninja roll or a trip, either way it was ridiculous. I'm sure someone will try and defend it on here though. That seems to be the order of the day, don't blame the police blame the 14 year olds in their bathing suits, because they must be dangerous

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I know this sounds like nitpicking and doesn't make much difference but the girl in the bikini is actually 15 years old, not 14. Just wanted to clarify this.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl yeah that was nit picking, she could of been 19 and it wouldn't of made a difference. Not to 12 armed cops. Whether you agree or not the whole thing stinks of prejudice. I wonder if the police response would have been exactly the same had the youngsters been white

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Good first step.

Now they need to decertify the guy, so he can't mosey down the road and do this again at the next department.
Knowing the the national attention this incident has brought, I doubt even a mall would hire this yayhoo as a rent-a-cop.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Try reading some facts...

theconservativetreehouse.com...-102081

You aren't going to get any "Facts" there.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Cops are supposed to be bound to a higher standard for things inc verbal abuse. What some citizen says to me might be legally Harassment (PA), but the same thing to a cop is not considered criminal. Likely it's protected speech.

The girl saying he's "going down" sounds like she intended to file complaints or take legal action, even if it's just expressing herself to her friends. Again, a teen girl basically cowering 25ft away is not committing a crime. The Nazi thugs running around with guns, clubs and chemical weapons trying to break up a citizen assembly are the criminals. When do they start crashing weddings and bar mitzva ?
edit on 10-6-2015 by FlyingFox because: Maybe they will break up the grand opening of a car dealership, lots of questionable activity there.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

My personal opinion is the senior officer blew his duty of Command and was a detriment to the responsibilities we expect from a Peace Officer.

However...

The girl/mother who INITIATED the whole incident by trying to personally profit on someone elses private property w/o prior written approval should be billed for the "manhours" of the local PD's initial incident response. I recall a legal concept that you can't stand up in a movie theatre and start a for-profit BBQ.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Agreed. This is a must read. Officer Casebolt was over the top with his language but that is not uncommon for police anywhere today to cuss out people regardless of age or race. As for pulling his sidearm watch the video carefully; there are 4 or 5 screaming girls on one side pushing towards him while 2 young black guys coming running up suddenly as if to attack him. Pulling his weapon was what his training told him to do. When unknowns are suddenly in your personal space that's what you do.

Making this all about police abuse and racism just doesn't hold water. Some girl decided to throw a party without even getting permission then when those showing up start making trouble the cops got called. It's an integrated neighborhood and now everyone is acting like this place is some kind of Aryan Nations retreat. Kids are going there are vandalizing cars and the bald white guy is being openly targeted if you believe some of the comments on Youtube.

The MSM is pushing this as racism and police abuse and slanting their coverage to make it look like innocent teens getting picked on. Don't fall for it. When the police are in the right we need to back them up.

So everybody is getting riled up over nothing while over 100 bikers sit in jail over excessive bail but that's not on the agenda, right? Talk about screwed up priorities.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: texasgirl yeah that was nit picking, she could of been 19 and it wouldn't of made a difference. Not to 12 armed cops. Whether you agree or not the whole thing stinks of prejudice. I wonder if the police response would have been exactly the same had the youngsters been white

It's stinks of prejudice? Do you think it would've made the national news if the kids arrested had been white?
edit on 10-6-2015 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

No, just the scrubbed Twitter messages telling about how the girl kicked the white ladies ass and who sponsored a party without permission for profit and is now crying about how abused she feels. But she's cute with big knockers so everybody is going to believe her side without question.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here's another side to the whole "pool" incident story and officer Casebolt's actions:

nation.foxnews.com...

Yes, it's Fox news but it's an in-depth interview with Megyn Kelly and another unheard witness, named Sean, concerning the pool incident. This guy was there at the pool in the very beginning:

Kelly: So the residents were called racists for pushing back on the kids who
were jumping the fence. Did you hear any of the residents use any racist
terms?

Sean: I didn't hear anything like that. That stuff I was hearing was towards the
residents of the pool saying you guys don't want any black people here and
you're racist.

Kelly: Well, there was an allegation that somebody there, that a security guard
had said to those jumping the fence, something like go back to public
housing.

Sean: No. I never heard them say anything. Even remotely similar to that.
edit on 10-6-2015 by texasgirl because: Added more

edit on 10-6-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Yessir,,,, to get 'facts' you have to rely on the LIBERAL media,,,,,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join