It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney officer resigns due to actions in pool party video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: texasgirl

You're completely missing the point here. You're claiming that our perspective is the more correct one based on what one girl said. You are however only repeating statements that reflect your preconceived notion. Hey, if you want to delude yourself into thinking it's on the up and up and devoid of hypocrisy that's your call. Personally O agree with several other posters in that both sides or rather all 3( attendees of party, residents of the community and the actions of the police) are completely at fault for the end result. Every one of them needs to own their responsibility here.

I said "in my opinion". I didn't state it was the correct one.

But maybe you're right; I have a personal stake in defending McKinney as being a racist town because I have many clients who live there, a couple in Craig Ranch, and they're all lovely people. They're white, black and Hispanic clients who all get along with their neighbors. Again, I have said there may be a few racists but it's not the norm. So I hate that everyone has pushing the racist agenda against this town without knowing more of the story. NAACP is shouting "Race!!" And holding marches with "black lives matter."

But I agree this pool party got way out of hand and everyone needs to own up to it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So one teen is dumb enough to say what she said while the adults may be smart enough to not broadcast that?

Still seems like a he said she said.

What I have noticed, is anyone defending the officer wants to talk about everything but what he did to that 15 year old girl.

I agree it sounds like the cops needed to come and break things up, I agree that the cop had reason to pull his gun like he did when those two kids did what they did.

What I do not agree with is how he man handled that girl for talking back.

Nothing can justify how that happened.

Not sure why you're responding to me. I agree that what the officer did was wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The core issue is that parties were wrong on BOTH sides.

And the officer in question acted out of line.

I honestly don't know why this is getting so much media attention.

Oh wait, I do. The whole "Black Lives Matter" movement and the good Rev Al Sharpton gotta stoke the fires of race hate to line their pockets.

Exactly. I'm sure the good reverend has already booked his flight. Sadly the peaceful protest with both whites and blacks, holding hands and praying, n front of the precinct will get little more coverage than the few seconds it was shown on the news this morning.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

If that's the case then the position of the police becomes even more egregious as they have every right to use the pool and the only ones at fault are the girl who organized such a haphazardly organized event and the DJ who was sending Twitter invites to it. The impression I got was that many of them were not from the local community who was authorized to access the pool, hence the fence jumping. If they lived there they would have just used their swipe card to access the pool area no? If these kids were from the community and were entitled to be there the police had no right to make them leave.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: maybee

What they're not reporting is that homes in the sub-division have been vandalized, and people living there are getting death threats.

But yeah, "peaceful" protests.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Ya the last part wasn't directed at you, just started typing away.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Is it possible that the people that were protesting were not the ones doing vandalizing and threatening?

Crazy idea I know but it just might be true.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Is it possible that the people that were protesting were not the ones doing vandalizing and threatening?

So it's just a coincidence that this incident happens, protesters show up, and home's just mysteriously get vandalized and people get death threats?!

Nah, they couldn't POSSIBLY be connected!

Come on now.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Facts have no place at a witch hunt, my friend.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Really, everyone is to Blame here.

The girl's party got out of hand and probably wasn't the best idea and it pissed people off and the police probably did need to be called.

There were plenty of racist slurs thrown out during the chaos. That's never okay. If a black guy punches me on the street for no reason. He's just a bad guy, never any need to hurl racist insults at him.

The cop was way out of line and should have been fired if he didn't resign. I can de-escalate a party better than that without throwing a punch or touching anyone. Although, as I said previously, I do like the barrel roll. That was boss.

There are no winners here. Everyone acted like an a$$.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It is possible sure.

Or people that had nothing to do with the protest were the ones that did it.

Why is that not just as likely?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Personally, I don't have a problem with the barrel. It is a elementary technique taught in basic Judo when you are first learning how to fall properly. It definitely saved him from a painful faceplant. And yet, the obvious deduction from the video was his inattention to his most immediate problem of putting one foot in front of the other, successfully. He was too "lost in the moment" of asserting his "AUTHORITI!" I don't even have a problem with him continuing in police work somewhere else...as long as he truly learns he signed up to be a Peace Officer. If he wants to be an instrument of war or licensed to kill enlist as a Soldier in the Armed Forces. Hopefully, we are all humans here on THIS EARTH and we individually admit we are prone to mistakes. We have to allow everyone to move on in this journey of lessons...that includes Convicts who have done their time.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

So it's just a coincidence that this incident happens, protesters show up, and home's just mysteriously get vandalized and people get death threats?!

Nah, they couldn't POSSIBLY be connected!

Come on now.

Yeah Railgun they didn't do nothing you know.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It is possible sure.

Or people that had nothing to do with the protest were the ones that did it.

Why is that not just as likely?
There are few coincidences that would be on the scale as this one, if true.

I think the officer was out of line, but I won't apologize for people who vandalize and make threats either.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It would seem more that the event its self was the trigger of the vandalism and the threats.

Are you saying those would not have happened if the protests didn't?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It would seem more that the event its self was the trigger of the vandalism and the threats.

Are you saying those would not have happened if the protests didn't?
I'm saying the national attention given to this relatively minor spat is causing undesirable people to descend onto the community under the guise of being protesters and stir up the pot. If the protesters weren't there, I doubt there would have been vandalism and death threats against homeowners in the subdivision. Of course, anything is possible, these are just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ok I somewhat agree with that.

I just don't see how we can blame the protests when it is event its self that is causing the people to be mad.
Feel like that is what caused those undesirables to come down, not the people protesting the event.

The protest isn't want got the attention, it was the cop throwing the girl down by her hair that did.

I dislike blaming people exercising their rights for something they may have no hand in what so ever.
Also curious, where did you hear about the vandalism and threats?

edit on thWed, 10 Jun 2015 16:01:33 -0500America/Chicago620153380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

CNN reported it in a thirty second blurb this evening (This morning for you U.S. people) when I arrived at work, and a few websites of ill-repute. (Like Breitbart).

edit on 10-6-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: clarified time frames

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

While I don't doubt the possibility of it happening, have anything to back it up?

I mean 30 seconds and Brietbart and we want to judge the protesters on it?

www.cracked.com...

For some perspective.
edit on thWed, 10 Jun 2015 16:22:17 -0500America/Chicago620151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Okay, this needs to be cleared up concerning the vandalism: The homeowners reported bottles thrown at cars and cars being vandalized on Saturday, the day after the pool incident. Those who have chosen to speak out about what they felt really happened are receiving death threats.

The protest march didn't happen until several days later. I haven't heard anyone saying they've been vandalised because of the march so maybe I missed something?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join