It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Viruses Demons?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: cooperton

...And yet it's never been duplicated. Funny, that.

It's also never been unsuccessfully duplicated

see also: proof of a negative

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Legman
The Virus did not go through a quartz plate.

Yes it did: www.cheniere.org...

Artist rendition of the experimental setup: www.cheniere.org...

You have to understand cheniere.org is Tom Bearden's site.

Tom gets a lot of science wrong.

The same Tom Bearden that stuck a magnet on a transformer and claimed it was a free energy device? What did he call it? MEG? That explains a lot.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The Virus did not go through a quartz plate.

Yes it did: www.cheniere.org...

Artist rendition of the experimental setup: www.cheniere.org...

You have to understand cheniere.org is Tom Bearden's site.

Tom gets a lot of science wrong.

The same Tom Bearden that stuck a magnet on a transformer and claimed it was a free energy device? What did he call it? MEG? That explains a lot.

And he would have gotten it to work if only the Yakuza hadn't stolen his only supply of degenerate semiconductor wire.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If something is hard to believe that does not make it false.

You're right. It's the facts that it's not scientific, and that it's utter rubbish that make it false.

"Quantum molecular sensing, communication and processing by photons"
"molecular and biomolecular communication: waveguides and possible role of microtubules"
"molecular sensing and processing on photons"
"electromagnetic biostimulation of living cultures for biotechnology, biofuel and bioenergy applications"
"on the nature of grwoth and new growth based on experiments designed to reveal a structure and function for laboratory space..."

Kaznacheyev's experiment is titled "Apparent information transfer between two groups of cells"
- He also tested glass and the virus could not transmit through it. He concluded that this was because glass blocks certain spectral transmission of UV and Infrared waves.

Im not one to gang pile a dude... I also keep a free mind. I still know the jargon of molecular and virology. Let me find these journal papers and digest them.

Viruses do have weird behaviors at times. I seriously doubt a virus can pass through a solid object to otherwise the skin barrier to pathogens and viruses would be a non-factor in evolution.

But who knows. Im off to read.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I hate it when that happens. Damn Yakuza.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Kaznacheyev's experiment is titled "Apparent information transfer between two groups of cells"
- He also tested glass and the virus could not transmit through it. He concluded that this was because glass blocks certain spectral transmission of UV and Infrared waves.

This is profoundly different than saying that the viruses literally migrated through a glass plate.

I don't understand what you are saying. In the experiment, they passed through a quartz barrier, but could not pass through a glass barrier.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong...the actual experimental detail is somewhat interesting.

He didn't say the viruses literally beamed themselves across space into the other petri dish. The question was, given what was being observed, HOW was the death of one bacterial colony affecting the growth of another that was physically isolated and could NOT be infected by the virus?

That merits some speculation, and the guy said he could replicate it, and it would be interesting to see if it COULD be replicated, and if so, if others could get the same results/non-results.

We actually punted this around a few years back but I couldn't drum up a convincing business case to spend money on it.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

This is profoundly different than saying that the viruses literally migrated through a glass plate.

I don't understand what you are saying. In the experiment, they passed through a quartz barrier, but could not pass through a glass barrier.

Actually, that isn't at all what the conclusion was, though it was equally ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

If something is hard to believe that does not make it false.

You're right. It's the facts that it's not scientific, and that it's utter rubbish that make it false.

"Quantum molecular sensing, communication and processing by photons"
"molecular and biomolecular communication: waveguides and possible role of microtubules"
"molecular sensing and processing on photons"
"electromagnetic biostimulation of living cultures for biotechnology, biofuel and bioenergy applications"
"on the nature of grwoth and new growth based on experiments designed to reveal a structure and function for laboratory space..."

Im not one to gang pile a dude... I also keep a free mind. I still know the jargon of molecular and virology. Let me find these journal papers and digest them.

Viruses do have weird behaviors at times. I seriously doubt a virus can pass through a solid object to otherwise the skin barrier to pathogens and viruses would be a non-factor in evolution.

But who knows. Im off to read.

The idea was that it traveled as a biophotonic wave (which are electromagnetic) through the quartz, and was unable to travel through glass because glass blocks certain spectrum of EM radiation that quartz is able to transmit.

Don't get me wrong...the actual experimental detail is somewhat interesting.

He didn't say the viruses literally beamed themselves across space into the other petri dish. The question was, given what was being observed, HOW was the death of one bacterial colony affecting the growth of another that was physically isolated and could NOT be infected by the virus?

Yeah but the mysterious thing was that the colony on the other side became infected with that virus, hence the conclusion that it traveled as an electromagnetic wave through the quartz and rematerialized on the other side. Aren't you glad I posted this in paranormal studies rather than the science & technology section?
edit on 7-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That's because you didn't understand the original study. I don't know if you got a synopsis from a whack site that got it wrong, didn't read it at all, or misunderstood the work.

It's never claimed that the virus left the petri dish.

What Kaznacheyev believed that he had found was that the two cultures interacted in some way. Not that the virus teleported from one to the other. In fact, Kaznacheyev went to great lengths to prevent any physical cross contamination.

The central question of the study was, why does an uninfected culture respond to the destruction of another, when they are isolated from each other?

Not "how do demon viruses beam from one container to another"

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The idea was that it traveled as a biophotonic wave (which are electromagnetic) through the quartz, and was unable to travel through glass because glass blocks certain spectrum of EM radiation that quartz is able to transmit.

Not at all. There wasn't the slightest implication that a virus had literally traveled as a "biophotonic wave".

Kaznacheyev believed that the two cultures communicated the information of the destruction of one colony to the other as some sort of light emission in the UV. NOT that the virus had teleported in a literal fashion.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Not at all. There wasn't the slightest implication that a virus had literally traveled as a "biophotonic wave".

Kaznacheyev believed that the two cultures communicated the information of the destruction of one colony to the other as some sort of light emission in the UV.

light emission in the UV is a form of electromagnetic radiation....

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yeah but the mysterious thing was that the colony on the other side became infected with that virus, hence the conclusion that it traveled as an electromagnetic wave through the quartz and rematerialized on the other side. Aren't you glad I posted this in paranormal studies rather than the science & technology section?

It wasn't infected, and Kaznacheyev never claimed it was.

I often find that when I come across something like this in a fairly dubious site (cheniere doesn't even get this part wrong) I try to back up to the root work and read the paper myself.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The physical is a manifestation of the mental. Negative minds create violence, hatred, and destruction. So, viruses are a reflection of negative minds

There are studies that show that being optimistic and happy increases endorphins and improves the immune system. So, this is an example of a physical reflection of a positive mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton]

I was under the impression that the virus infected the physically isolated colony. So the biophotonic information of the sick cells (infected with a virus) was passed through the quartz electromagnetically and infected the healthy cells. Research biophotons if you haven't they are pretty fascinating.

Your impression was mistaken.

You might note above that I stated I had actually pitched this to the group years back. There's old posts here on ATS about it as well somewhere. So, yeah, I am a bit ahead of you on the 'biophoton' front.

Where did you read that the control colony was literally infected? Not even Bearden misses this point - it's central to one of his big ideas.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It wasn't infected, and Kaznacheyev never claimed it was.

I often find that when I come across something like this in a fairly dubious site (cheniere doesn't even get this part wrong) I try to back up to the root work and read the paper myself.

Oh wow good call. Silly me hahaha. Read it again and realized my mistake. Can you send me the link to the original paper? My subscription to scopus does not include it so I had to go off what the Cheniere site was saying.

I wonder if he even tested to see if the Virus had transmitted as well? If the sick state was transmitted energetically, I wonder if that also manifested the virus on the other side? It's a long shot but.... maybe.

link   

originally posted by: arpgme
The physical is a manifestation of the mental. Negative minds create violence, hatred, and destruction. So, viruses are a reflection of negative minds

Not really, they're little packages of genetic information that subvert the protein synthesis mechanisms of cells to reproduce.

link   
a reply to: arpgme

What? No.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

There are studies that show that being optimistic and happy increases endorphins and improves the immune system. So, this is an example of a physical reflection of a positive mind.

This is in fact true. There are a lot of scientific study that show happy positive people get sick far less than negative stressed out people.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

This is in fact true. There are a lot of scientific study that show happy positive people get sick far less than negative stressed out people.

Yeah meditation was shown to decrease the expression of a certain inflammatory gene.

"Rapid changes in histone deacetylases and inflammatory gene expression in expert meditators"

The link between mind and epigenetics is starting to be revealed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join