It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Viruses Demons?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CretumOrbis
a reply to: cooperton

That might explain why I rarely get sick.

Felt like I was coming down with something last night, but I feel great today.
:

This was the main thing that pushed me to consider that (poor) mindset was the underlying problem behind all pathologies. My own personal experience insists that this is the way it works. There's a reason that the placebo effect exists, and there's a reason that stress exacerbates any illness.

"No squealing... remember, it's all in your head" (that song just came on my computer, had to quote it)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If this is true, then we would have the potential to literally think away ailments.

if you are "thinking away" ailments, its because those ailments were created by thoughts to begin with. psychosomatic, in other words. and if the bible were any good at treating psychosomatic symptoms, the churches would be put out of business. so clearly the bible is a poor substitute for actual medicine. but its not like that was ever actually in question.

edit on 8-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

If this is true, then we would have the potential to literally think away ailments.

if you are "thinking away" ailments, its because those ailments were created by thoughts to begin with. psychosomatic, in other words.

yes.

if you are using a bible to derive solutions to psychosomatic treatments...thats just too damn funny. and you dont even see the irony.

No I discussed EM waves and viral EM expression to suggest a potential cause of psychological illness. I used the biblical accounts as an example of when ailments were cured instantaneously by a change of thought (faith, repenting from mal-adaptive thought, etc)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: TzarChasm

if you are "thinking away" ailments, its because those ailments were created by thoughts to begin with. psychosomatic, in other words.

yes.

if you are using a bible to derive solutions to psychosomatic treatments...thats just too damn funny. and you dont even see the irony.

No I discussed EM waves and viral EM expression to suggest a potential cause of psychological illness. I used the biblical accounts as an example of when ailments were cured instantaneously by a change of thought (faith, repenting from mal-adaptive thought, etc)

whatever you are curing by thought, was inflicted by thought. no paranormal influences necessary or even likely.
edit on 8-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"One culture was infected with a virus, and the other was not. The chambers were air-tight and there was no possibility for transmission by air. Despite this, the uninfected culture became infected over time, as if the virus had passed through the quartz barrier! How? The researchers concluded that they traveled electromagnetically through the quartz via the UV/infrared spectrum."

I live in North Carolina with high summer humidity and I have had to replace two headlights on my truck due to being half full of water. They were not broken nor did they leak, and still were functioning. It's not an uncommon thing, in other words, I'm not the only one this has happened to. The water + the virus......... migrating through a solid object such as glass..... or Quartz

I'm not convinced it didn't migrate through the quartz. Spooks....... naaa, I don't think that's a viable cause. Perhaps it's more about choices.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Ya, being well aware of the placebo effect I just tell it to get out, and it usually does.

Also, we might be listening to the same playlist.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am reminded of this study after reading the experiment at hand.

phys.org...

physicsworld.com...

And another similar experiment:
www.popsci.com...

I am beginning to think by the physical set up of the experiment, they are inadvertently creating a Casimir-effect.

The common factor here seems to be quartz, either in the wafer involved in PCR or in the original poster's experiment cited.

edit on 9-6-2015 by ginseng23 because: added information

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ginseng23

phys.org...

physicsworld.com...

www.popsci.com...

I am beginning to think by the physical set up of the experiment, they are inadvertently creating a Casimir-effect.

The common factor here seems to be quartz, either in the wafer involved in PCR or in the original poster's experiment cited.

So form is encoded in waves of light/photons. This makes sense if all matter is super-concentrated energy (E = mc^2). If the human mind can manipulate light (double-slit experiment), then there should be some sort of phenomenal human potential that we've lost touch with over the ages.

The irony is, when we are told of our unimaginable potential, we don't believe it, so it's rendered useless

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

The linked article appeared in a 1976 fringe-science journal, now defunct. It appears to be very popular amongst lovers of mumbo-jumbo. It has also been cited once or twice by genuine researchers into the possibility of electromagnetic communications (eg light or radio communications) between living cells.

There is evidence (of a sort) to support the possibility of such communications taking place, but it is insubstantial and circumstantial: nothing concrete has been found in nearly half a century of research.

As for the idea that a viral infection may be interpreted as persecution or possession by demons, it is only too common. In the folk culture of my country, disease is often thought to be caused by malefic spirits or 'planetary deities', and various placatory rituals are sometimes performed in hopes of effecting a cure. Nowadays everyone relies on conventional 'western' medicine, but when it fails, as it often does, desperate people (especially poorly educated country folk) sometimes resort to these ancient rituals.

The idea that disease is caused by evil spirits is pretty universal. It is also utterly primitive, and false.

Pretty much this. Viruses are just very simple life forms, and hard to kill.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dr. Hulda Clarke found a parasitic relationship with nearly all dis-eases…

ever see a parasite? they look demonic to me… perhaps an interface w supernatural…

sucking the life out of people and trying to kill them…

sounds demonic…

plus, often sick people have acidic bodies… supernatural are electric beings…

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It is not that viruses are demons. It is that devils are spirits and some spirits can only interact with this world in the form of information. Information travels via acoustic/electromagnetic signal.

Those signals require vehicles for us to perceive them. Read that line carefully.

Viruses are zombies. They are dead, yet they reproduce from the living. A devil has no foothold where there is salvation. Though an army attacks and there are wounded, the battle may still be won. This is faith.

There are those who perform their research and derive their conclusions based strictly upon physical manifestation. This is a good thing.

But there are those who perform their research and derive conclusions AND intent AND meaning. There is a poster in this thread that I admire. That is the one who resigned from this thread.

For the scientist to discard intent and meaning from the equation is proof the scientist is not. Discover empirically and without bias the physical reality, but do not forego afterwards to discern the point of the reality.

Further, for those who say that matter is not energy condensed, don't reveal your ignorance so easily. You use your eyes, but neglect your minds. You assume the Big Bang and its extreme flaws. How can an infinitely dense object exist as a point within an infinite expanse? This is an obvious lie to anyone possessing reason. Anything infinitely dense must therefore possess the whole space, and yet, if the space is infinite, it cannot at the same time. This is an anomaly. Einstein was correct in desiring a finite space-time because that is what is true. His fault was in believing flawed mathematics instead of reality. The logical conclusion is that space-time is a finite object within an indiscernible matrix. Consider a fabric which is infinite and yet is somehow bent by matter. That is obviously false. A fabric that is infinite would not bend because it has no pressure points.

This all to reveal a little. A part of me hopes that you get it now, but somehow I realize I need to break it down further lest anyone manipulates their self with poor vision.

Spirit is energy. Most accurately, it is potential energy. Potential energy possesses intent. Intent becomes kinetic. Kinetic moves matter. We observe matter and its patterns. We define matter by its patterns, but that is false. That is like defining a car by its mileage alone without considering the driver. One old Honda may be utterly destroyed at 150,000 miles, and another go on to 400,000 miles.

Unfortunately for us, we still judge the driver by the vehicle. Therefore, we explain away our results and create niches of science which are literally pseudo-science, while that which reveals reality is called by the same name.

Tesla didn't get everything right, by any means. He was a champ, in a way, though. But he did mention something worth noting, despite his misunderstanding. I don't remember his statement very well, but to me, I interpret it: "Those who are attached to merely their own limited understanding of the physical reality will never understand reality."

Looking it up, it reads like this: “The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

But we know that the People will continue to follow bias.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

Dr. Hulda Clarke found a parasitic relationship with nearly all diseases

Hulda Clark (note spelling) is a quack who has been in trouble with the law in Mexico and the USA. Her doctorate is in zoology, not medicine.

ever see a parasite? they look demonic to me… perhaps an interface w supernatural…

Orchids are parasites. Do they look demonic to you?

What about yeast? That's a parasite too.

sucking the life out of people and trying to kill them…

I don't think you really understand how parasites work. The most sophisticated ones, like roundworm or Toxoplasma gondii, don't kill their hosts — though the latter do manipulate their rodent hosts' behaviour to cause them to be attracted to cat urine, so that cats will eat them and the parasite life-cycle can continue.

sounds demonic…

No, sounds perfectly like the way the whole natural world works. Except for plants (and not even all plants) and bottom-of-the-food-chain scavengers, everything that lives exists by eating other living things.

You're religious, I believe. I've always wanted to ask a religious person how they felt about this — how they feel about the way the world has been designed. Wasps that paralyze caterpillars and lay eggs in their bodies, so that the little wasp larvae have live food to eat while they're growing. Viruses that hijack living cells and convert them into factories to make copies of themselves, until the cell is packed so tightly with viruses that it ruptures, releasing the viruses to attack other cells. Cancers — parasites created from the cells of our very own bodies.

If there is a Creator, He thought these elaborate, extravagent cruelties up and designed living things to perform them. How can that possible square with the proposition that God is good?

edit on 9/6/15 by Astyanax because: of Clark quackery.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

This makes sense if all matter is super-concentrated energy (E = mc^2).

I believe it has already been explained to you, in another thread, by another poster, that matter is not super-concentrated energy. Why do you keep on making the same error when you have been corrected?

Are you actually participating in a conversation here, or just yelling with your ears stopped?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

phys.org...

physicsworld.com...

www.popsci.com...

So form is encoded in waves of light/photons. This makes sense if all matter is super-concentrated energy (E = mc^2). If the human mind can manipulate light (double-slit experiment), then there should be some sort of phenomenal human potential that we've lost touch with over the ages.

The irony is, when we are told of our unimaginable potential, we don't believe it, so it's rendered useless

You, uh, don't have a strong background in science, do you?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

phys.org...

physicsworld.com...

www.popsci.com...

Bu..Bu..But that's what Deepak Chopra said!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Thank you for making me almost snort bourbon out my nose. Holy hell, that stings.

Note to self: Don't read ATS posts whilst sipping liquor.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't say viruses are demons but mosquitoes/parasites/viruses REPRESENT demons or something that does not give out what it receives evenly but feeds on life force until there is nothing left. As above so below as in the heavens so on earth

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

On a side note, you should read Daemon by Daniel Suarez. Excellent book on this subject even if it is fiction.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

phys.org...

physicsworld.com...

www.popsci.com...

We can't manipulate light because we need to excerse force over objects to do so. In atomic scale the ammount of energy would be ridiculous high.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

This makes sense if all matter is super-concentrated energy (E = mc^2).

I believe it has already been explained to you, in another thread, by another poster, that matter is not super-concentrated energy. Why do you keep on making the same error when you have been corrected?

Are you actually participating in a conversation here, or just yelling with your ears stopped?

Can you explain to my why it is not? Or are you just hurling insults without actually participating in conversation here? It was argued in this forum, and he did not give a reason as to why, just an incomplete analogy. Although I would like to correct "matter" to specifically mean "mass".

The energy emitted during nuclear fission is proportional to lost mass times the speed of light squared. Particle collisions, such as proton with an antiproton, also are consistent with this energy equivalence.

"Einstein's relationship (Energy equivalence) is separately confirmed in two tests... (and our results) indicate that it holds to a level of at least 0.00004%. To our knowledge, this is the most precise direct test of the famous equation yet described."

Rainville et al. (2005). A direct test of E=mc2. Nature.

a reply to: Bedlam

Thank you for making me almost snort bourbon out my nose. Holy hell, that stings.

Note to self: Don't read ATS posts whilst sipping liquor.

Maybe you should stay out of your parent's liquor cabinet altogether?
edit on 11-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join