It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: verschickter

I never thought you were intolerant, or you never seemed that way to me

a reply to: Annee

I don't want to come off as a Spoiled Brat thinking that we(GLBTQ) are the only ones being discriminated against.. but i guess if it's selfish of me to want Equal right for Everyone than so be it

How is wanting the same rights as others spoiled? It's not.

Those holding on to their own "privilege", but denying others are the Spoiled Brats.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I just didn't want to read as someone who is self centered when issues are happening all around us.. i mean, yeah my focus is on GLBTQ issues, because those are my world, but my scope exist outwards towards everyone

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

First, I am a savage. Nice'ness isn't my main focus for the day.
Second, unless you can read my mind, your assumption of me making statements to just piss people off is an assumption.

So.....

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Adding fluff and sugar to something isn't going to happen with me.

It is what it is. If I wanted to add an insult or slur, I would do just that.

As I have said before, each person is free to do what they please. My issue is the statement that Bruce is the new normal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The numbers of people getting sex changes are not even 1%.

Bruce is not normal. Regardless what he views as normal, it isn't normal. Within science and the makeup of a human, wanting to change sexes is not normal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

The numbers of people getting sex changes are not even 1%.

Bruce is not normal. Regardless what he views as normal, it isn't normal. Within science and the makeup of a human, wanting to change sexes is not normal.

As pointed out, normal is subjective. It is HIS normal.

Statistics are for those who value things by statistics.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No, no it isn't.

Very sad to hear that is all you have in regards to this.

His perception is not normal reality.

If this were the case, Manson and his acts would be deemed as normal. Because after all, it is his perception of reality that deems his actions as normal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I guess it's her right to claim she is the new normal, and you would respect her doing as she pleases

i also guess peoples issue is that you claim to know exactly what "Normal is" based on your Proof? or statistics, so.. white, straight with Brown eyes and brown hair is the Normal?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

No, no it isn't.

Very sad to hear that is all you have in regards to this.

His perception is not normal reality.

If this were the case, Manson and his acts would be deemed as normal. Because after all, it is his perception of reality that deems his actions as normal.

Interesting statistics comparing Manson to a Transgender.

How do you write that up?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I see what you do there, instead of dissecting his post word for word, why don´t you answer to him?
Because you know he´s right. Even my niche shakes her head about you.

Darth_Prime
Just because someone has the right to think what he/she wants, does not make that thought right.

You both reside to dirty tactics now because you just answer to have the last word.
Deny ignorance.
edit on 18-6-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't have dirty tactics,I've agreed with him this entire topic, I've also apologized for saying he was using abnormal as a slur.

he is saying he has the right to call her abnormal, i'm saying she has the right to call herself normal, nothing dirty about that.

he also said statistically speaking anyone under the GLBTQ umbrella is not normal, so i assume White, Straight, brown hair and blue eyes are the Normal.. again nothing dirty

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Altering reality comes with a price.

I have a customer. He is a habitual liar. He is, however loaded and has never batted an eye when I submit a bill to him.
At that point, if he wants me to address him as the Queen of England, I am glad to accommodate.
Now, this isn't normal. This is deemed as a mental illness within the real world, but I will indulge in this because he is a customer.
Outside of that, I would not call him Queen of England, as he is not. No matter how much he says it, or you state it is his reality, it doesn't make him Queen.

Same goes for Bruce. He is not a woman. Never has been. To think you are something you are not, in any other instance in the world is a mental illness, except this flavor of the month media driven transgender crap.

He can have all the surgeries and hormone injects he wants, as he is free to do so. It will never make him a woman.

Normal is very easy.
Male has a specific genetic makeup, same goes for female.
That is normal. When this happens with chromosomes, on a large scale and can be defined, they predominate formula and result is normal.

So simple, even a caveman can do it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Bruce and Manson have an idea. Their ideas, while being different, are still ideas outside the normal.
Manson believes one thing, Bruce believes another.
Neither idea makes either of them that which they believe.

Manson is labeled as mentally ill.
Bruce is labeled as a hero.

There is something very wrong here. You do see it, you just refuse to state it as it goes against your want to hold onto Bruce being normal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Of course she has the right to call herself normal. But it´s not true.
I can say to myself all day long it´s normal to sort and place things on my desk in a special particular order but it does not make it normal. Is this abnormal? Yes. Am I abnormal on this point? Yes. Does it mean I am completely abnormal? No.

edit on 18-6-2015 by verschickter because: desk, not desktop

edit on 18-6-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I get and understand what you are stating. It is very much a discussion now, and not a shouting match. I appreciate that.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

And I've agreed with you, we're abnormal.. okay, i don't think anyone is forcing you to call her a Woman, i think it's ignorant but who am i to you? i wont impact your life, and you might never impact Caitlyn's

But Transgender is real, and it's a real issue

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What is normal? this a serious question.. not what you or i think should be normal, but what is normal? who has the normal brain that everyone can be judged against?

you can't say OCD and Transgender is the same thing

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So simple, even a caveman can do it.

Not so simple.

I became fascinated with brain scan science awhile back. That also led me to brain chemical, etc.

The longer I live, the more convinced I am that we are all "born who we are". Instead of being who we naturally are, we spend our lives trying to fit into "normal". What is "normal"? That would be what man/society has determined we should be --- which varies depending on the society we live in.

Some brain scan science believes criminals are born. At least the tendency in how their brain is put together.

Then there's the Fruit Flies. That changed sexual orientation by altering their brain chemicals.

The process of creating a human is so complex, that putting them in any "black/white" defining statistic is extremely limiting.

Humans are not Fruit Flies and I'm aware this article is from 2007. However, it does support the effects of brain chemical.

Homosexuality Turned On and Off in Fruit Flies

www.livescience.com...

edit on 18-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
First, I did not say my behavior and transgenderism is the same. That was you wanting to read that out of my post.
I really thought you might have understood by now.

adjective
conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
serving to establish a standard.
Psychology.

approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
free from any mental disorder; sane.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I surely will never be a glimmer in Bruce's eye, or even a thought.
He can call himself a she. I can call him Bruce.
The sun will set this evening and I am starting to get hungry. Life goes on.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join