It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ok guy and I like how you intentionally go out of your way to slip in those pronouns that offend people, really I'm impressed it is so witty of you. I'm cool and secure enough to not let you bother me and I really hope that going around saying things to intentionally hurt, piss off, offend or whatever other manner of disrespectful language you choose works out for you on the day to day basis in face to face interactions with people.

You seem like a real nice guy, not smug and abrasive just for the sake of it at all. May the universe give you all that you deserve.

a reply to: macman

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

This" is who i am. i am 'X' and i'm also a Human same as you

Problem is finding the right way to do it without trying to shove own opinions down the throat of others.
I mean, by doing the "this is who i am thing" you may annoy people that think completly like you on the issue but think "yeah, and now?".
What changed?
Example:
Do you want marriage with same sex for religious reasons,
for money profit or for just having a label to give to yourself and show others?
If you find other reasons you can add them of course.

but without a Label we are nothing,

You mean like normal* people to the outside like most people?
Look for example, it´s not common for people to see drag queens in real life.
Are you mad at them because they may take a closer look at you? Out of curiosity?
You percieve it as staring, the others may think you want to be stared at. Others might look at you and do not think you are offended by looking at them. They think if you have the guts to dress like that you have the guts to take the looks/critics.

*normal as in common, high percentage NOT what you might think.

There is a word for exotic dressing/living people in germany and it´s not a rude word:
paradiesvogel
it just means he/she has exotic look/behavior. A paradise bird is something beautiful yet exotic.
Would you be offended if I call a drag queen a paradise bird? Or would you be pleased because I aknowledge your differences?
double edged sword everywhere.
edit on 16-6-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I would be pleased for a drag Queen to just be acknowledged
i do go out in public in Drag, it's not for attention, it's because it fulfills a part of me... not only as a Drag Queen, but my Genderfluidity... i don't get offended if people look at me, or stare.. i am different, we all are different.. but i'm also Human

I personally don't plan on getting married,but i'm fighting for same-sex marriage for equality, and those that do want to get married and deserve every right to do so. people are fine claiming their positions on things, and claiming their religion, is that not shoving their opinion down everyone's throats?

No matter what we do people are going to say we are shoving our opinions down everyone's throats, i think back to what Harvey milk said, if we all come out and stand together we have strength in numbers. if we say we are part of the GLBTQ community, and we exist, we are school teachers, and doctors, we are policemen and firemen, we are athletes musicians artist etc

being this way doesn't mean we are not capable of existing, but we are who we are.. i can't see how it's a bad thing?

No, i mean without that "Label" we don't exist, so what are we fighting for? why are we fighting for equality if we are afraid to claim our truth. and who are we fighting for? if we are fighting for GLBTQ equality and no one wants to be that Label what are we fighting for?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

You equate Mental Illness and Genetic abnormality.... but i'll apologize if i mistook it as a slur

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not ignoring the rest of your post but

but i'm fighting for same-sex marriage for equality, and those that do want to get married and deserve every right to do so.

Why? Is marriage not a tool for building a family? With kids and such? To give the kid stability?
Not saying a kid from umarried couples will suffer or such. Just think about it.

Do you really need it for your relationship?
Or do you need it because you want it just so you have it?

That´s what I dont understand. What´s the point? Couldnt you just buy a ring or whatever and swear you will be there for the other your whole life? Why having it recognized by "authority" when it´s not about the money and benefits that are mainly for family? That you cannot have the natural way?
Just so it is? For equality? What does it buy you?

So much questions and please don´t think they are to offend you.
I´m going to bed now it´s getting late here awaiting your answer and will read it tomorrow.
Could be the first time EVER someone can explain that to me.
Reallife conversation could not!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think people have different reasons why they want to get married so i can't speak for everyone... a lot of it has to do with the fact that we are not allowed just because we are Gay and it's discrimination. others for Tax Benefits... also to be able to Visit your spouse in the hospital

www.huffingtonpost.com...

thinkprogress.org...

www.americanprogress.org...

Also some truly believe in 'Marriage' the same as a Heterosexual does, that the ring and ceremony binds them together witnessed by authority.

why do straight people need to get married? why if every straight person was no longer allowed to get married, why should they want too? same-sex or opposite-sex doesn't mean the reason is different.

as far as

Is marriage not a tool for building a family? With kids and such? To give the kid stability?

why can't a same-sex couple build a family? why can't we be as stable as a Hetro Family?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Nothing. That is the thing.

It just isn't normal.

That has been my whole point from the start. And repeated time and time again.

It is normal for the person who is Transgender. It is their normal body/brain/chemical makeup. It is how they were born.

Would there be as strong a need for physical changes to match what the brain "sees" in a non-judgemental society? I don't know.

Is majority measured by comparative "normal"? Or is it just the majority?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It´s not tomorrow (could not sleep)..

Not being able to visit your spouse in hospital is bad, I see that (did not think of that).

why can't a same-sex couple build a family? why can't we be as stable as a Hetro Family?

Because same sex couples cannot have children the natural way. I know of cases where kids were raised under same sex couples saying they had everything they needed and did well. There was a yt video about that some months ago. Of course no child will step out in front of their parents and tell the world how aweful it all was to be ridiculed all the time. See that, too?
How do I write this so you don´t get me wrong (again)?

Please do not deny that the kid will face ridiculling and joking.
This is not primary the fault of the couple of course. It´s because it´s not natural and thus I can see the concerns regarding that. And of course there is bias from parents.

But keep in mind, I think most of the people that do not want same-sex-couples to adopt children or in case of a lesbian couple to be vertebrated, fear the child will miss something.

I never advocated the idea that same-sex-couples are NOT as stable. You implied that from my sentence when it was meant to be giving stability through family. That does not exclude same-sex-couples. Big difference here.

If you ask me, you just want everything at once. You want to be accepted and have all the rights at once. That´s not going to happen realisticly seen. Be patient is my advice. Let the generations grow up and by time, homo/bisexuality will one day be accepted by the broad masses. Then let´s talk about marriage and creating children.

This is not tactic it´s how I percieve it. Your kind (in lack of words, no attack) has gone a long route to being accepted and not prosecuted and such. It´s getting better.

The next thing. I hope you got the gist that I am not against homo/bisexuality. I hope you remember my niche.
Why I am worried about same-sex-couples having children?
Because I feel, when ever it´s possible, a child should grow up with a father and a mother. Of course there are enough single-mom and dads doing great. Count me to them. But no doubt. No doubt that the child is missing something.

See my mother died at birth so I know how it is firsthand to have a parent missing in life. I always wished to have a mother like other kids had. Now the same thing repeats. My children lost their mother to MS 18 months ago. The youngest one will not remember that much memories except for what we tell him about. It´s repeating itself. My niche lost both her parents in an accident. It was a long way, after my wife died that I can keep her under my roof and legal parentship being a single dad. I know all the struggles believe me. God bless my wifes sister can help out when time is critical or more woman like skills are needed.

I do not deny the influence I had on her. She´s into cars and markswomanship and no doubt she got that from me.
Shes getting into her 20s now and begins to live her own life.

Some times I come across cynical but it´s not my intention. I try hard to function every day for them. It´s not easy for them growing up missing one gender believe me or not.

Have a nice day/evening whatever timezone you are

edit on 16-6-2015 by verschickter because: shifted the paragraphs, one got way down where it should not be.(connection to text lost)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Maybe we can't have children the Natural way... if by natural you mean Sex.. in which case we "Can" have children the natural way. what about Women who can't get pregnant? what about Men who can't have children? are they not a Stable family to raise children even if they are Opposite-sex?

Children can get ridiculed and bullied for anything and everything, do some children with Same-Sex parents have a harder time? i'm sure many do, and many don't i'm sure you can find stories supporting both sides, but i think with loving parents you can be their for your child.

i was raised by a mother and a father.. well.. if you have to call them that they and i can't explain in one single post the abuse i went through until i was kicked out at 18. some parents are bad parents

i'm sure there are studies that say Children need a Male and Females influence, i don't know the exact "Science" behind these studies, but they paint a broad picture for everyone to fit under. and i believe children can thrive just as much with single gender parents, or single parents

you're right, i do want everything at once i want our Equality and acceptance.. i guess for selfish reason i want it while i'm still young (23) but i have no problems fighting for it for the next generation. but i can't help but wonder.. why not? why not Equality, what is stopping people from just granting Equal rights to everyone?

why do we have to wait for the world to catch up? why do we have to suffer? and when i see we i mean everyone under the GLBTQ umbrella, every Race that gets discriminated against, Gender discrimination.. any kind of discrimination.. why do we have to suffer

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Please do not deny that the kid will face ridiculling and joking.

And so what!

I was ridiculed because my mom was disabled. My friend was ridiculed because he was a late life baby and his mom was old. Another friend was ridiculed because her mom was fat, another because she wore a lot of makeup.

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

why do we have to wait for the world to catch up? why do we have to suffer? and when i see we i mean everyone under the GLBTQ umbrella, every Race that gets discriminated against, Gender discrimination.. any kind of discrimination.. why do we have to suffer

I have no answer to all your questions. However, being nearly double your age, I´ve seen some decades and I can tell you it´s getting WAY better regarding human rights. Way back before I was born, but not too far, human rights situation towards any dark skinned people was, well they would have been lucky to dream about having the rights you bitch about that are not enough.

That is what I mean. I´m not saying you have to wait, I´m just saying the world is not ready for THIS yet.
I embrace difference. Wrote that before. You are still young and when you get older an see some decades fly by, you will see it´s getting better. Fight for it but be aware you are in a minority and because of that, you will have a hard time. The greater amount of people that run this world are heterosexual. Until the greater part of that enlightens...
...I´m sorry.

Other than that, we as a humanity have far greater problems like that. You fight for marriage and rights to adopt/give birth to children, other people fight for their lives when they get outed. YOU/WE ALL should first focus on that before you overstep in your paradise called first world. If you think about it this way, your wish for everything at once indeed looks very selfish. But before we focus on THAT, let´s rescue the people that get killed and opressed for nothing. You might get insulted, others get killed for just being in the wrong place.

Think about that for a while.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

MY GOD!!!

Just because you suffered through it, others do not have to.
Exchange ridicule with beating and you may get it.

I just deleted everything, not worth the rage. You nitpick as always and completely ignore other points.
It´s what I observed in your posts over the years. Always trying to sidestep on a tiny little point just to evade others.
Not going to play that game with you.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

to be fair i fight for everyone's discrimination and equality, i mean i have a vested interest in things GLBTQ so that may be a main focus, but it's not the entire scope of my view.

I grew up 18 years of pure physical and mental abuse, and after that almost 2 years on the streets, i've been beaten up, concussed, broken ribs and other such injuries just for being alive.. and i was in Hollywood. i was lucky enough to live while others have died, or succumbed to suicide

i know it may read selfish of me to want it all now, i am very humble, i had Zero in my life but i understand my herstory and the struggles that many people had to fight for.. Human rights have been a lifelong fight that Generations continue, i agree there will always be those that discriminate and those that oppress. but i have hope

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I was not talking down to you, just trying to show (without knowing your full background) that other homosexual people get killed just because. And that´s something the umbrella community should focus on.
Not to derail the thread, just as a advice to even the dirt before building a house on it. I am pleased that you, unlike the other poster, refrain from tactics. You may have read my post I edited. It really got me raging. Because it´s what happens everytime with this poster wherever something is discussed, is my personal view.

Maybe this helps you understand me:

When someone does something I dislike, I always try to figure out the driving reason for that.
I try to see it from their point of view, in this case the broad heterosexual community that thinks like the way I discribed.
Doing that, I may look like I defend them, when in reality, I try to bring their point of view across to see WHY they think that way.
Some points I agree, some points not and some points I say are not right nor wrong.

Maybe someone is rude because he had a real bad day. Maybe the guy that trampled across my feet has far bigger problems and did not watch his way because of that. Or maybe someone is just an asshole, happens too.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

MY GOD!!!

Just because you suffered through it, others do not have to.
Exchange ridicule with beating and you may get it.

I just deleted everything, not worth the rage. You nitpick as always and completely ignore other points.
It´s what I observed in your posts over the years. Always trying to sidestep on a tiny little point just to evade others.
Not going to play that game with you.

What game?

Did you or didn't you reason ----- same sex couples shouldnt have kids bectause they will be ridiculed?

Nit Pik? Pulling "points" out of long rambling posts.

I think often posters ramble to camoflage what they don't want to fully admit they are saying.

edit on 16-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sometimes people say things out of anger which are insensitive to people, but i wouldn't label them a "Bigot" i understand that, it's when it's directed at people in a negative, or attacking way that it becomes something beyond "Bad Day"

i try not to resolve to name calling or tactics, i try not to be hypocritical and i try to be honest, i really love discussing topics with people and discussing opposite view points, as long as it's not in a hateful or attacking way.. i just can never understand how someone can think a group of people less than them based on their Sexuality,Gender,Race etc

i can't even began to think how someone could look at another Human and believe they are second-class, or abominations, or Mentally Ill just because we are not "Straight" or "White" or "Male" or "Female" whatever they base their prejudice on

i'll try to look at it from another's view point, but i can't understand hate, i can't understand discrimination...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Last answer to you ever, I promise.
No I didn´t. At least not as a single point it was one of many that you picked out. Lines of reasoning and own experiences you choose to ignore.

So what do you accuse me that I don´t want to fully admit?
That I want them to be denied of kids because I hate them?
Your funny. And did not even try to understand any of my posts.
did-not-even-try

But I do not wonder, as most of your posts just involve 4-5 lines with a quote that will serve your point. Way to go bravo. It´s like you have a template. Bye

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

i know it may read selfish of me to want it all now, i am very humble, i had Zero in my life but i understand my herstory and the struggles that many people had to fight for.. Human rights have been a lifelong fight that Generations continue, i agree there will always be those that discriminate and those that oppress. but i have hope

It is NOT selfish for you to want the same equal rights as heteros. It's selfish for them to deny you those rights.

You deserve them NOW!

Of course, to make them permanent and secure you have to go through the legal system ---- which moves like molasses.

And about this generation thing, I'm just shy of 70. There is no excuse for hanging on to antiquated idealism. Especially, if it's because it makes someone feel uncomfortable. Too bad. Rights are being denied.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

For a very long time I had Mr.T as my avatar. I think it says alot. I don´t know if you´ve seen any his cartoons and the message he brings.. You might read some people call me T, Mr.T in connection to that on older threads. One day, I had a poster that thought I was black because of that.
Due to one of my jobs in the past I´ve visited hundreds of elderly, mentally ill and disabled people in their special care / retirement homes on a daily basis checking the smoke detectors. I always treated them like everyone else, even let me hug by the mentally ill and disabled and touch. No problem for me. I talk to them, listen to them.
I´ve helped people I did not know with money (50€) after pulling their car through the snow to the next gas station at the autobahn. All written down in this forum over the years.
So if anyone thinks I´m intolerant or such, he is on a very wrong route.
We´d spend our christmas evenings on the street, dishing out soup for free.
Organizing collections of goods that went directly to the ones that needed, right in front of the eyes of the giver.
All written down here somewhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I never thought you were intolerant, or you never seemed that way to me

I don't want to come off as a Spoiled Brat thinking that we(GLBTQ) are the only ones being discriminated against.. but i guess if it's selfish of me to want Equal right for Everyone than so be it

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join