It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
Still thinking, by calling him/herself a GLBTQ member all the time, is some form of bordering behind walls.
You are a human goddamn. No more no less.
It´s the drawer-thinking that "GLBTQ members" dislike?
Then stop writing your name on the drawers.

And for the discussion about the abnormal, why don´t you leave it at that? There is no winner here.
-Abnormal fits per definition
-But abnormal sounds so negative so lets refrain from using it

See it? You win, he wins.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess it is therefore subjective, and normal, to want to have a limb cut off. Or maybe an eye removed, because of a feeling.

I guess. If that makes someone happy, then I don't really care if they do it. I won't make fun of him or make him feel like an outcast for doing it. It's his body, his decision.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

No it is not.

Normal is very much objective and is very definable on this type of thing. We are not talking about the choice of vanilla ice cream vs chocolate.

It is not normal, for a male to want to change into a female. The genetic code is already established for male and female. The chromosomes told me so.

Normal is ALWAYS subjective. There is no objective way to define normal. Ever.

Defining gender by chromosome is a fail. There are women that have XXY chromosomes. There are men that are genetically XX but have a male outer appearance and organs. There are men with two Y chromosomes. The existence of all these different ways chromosomes can pair up shows that gender isn't so cut and dry as to say XY is male and XX is female.
edit on 16-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

Why would someone beat anyone in this scenario?

How was that jump?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Give it a rest all ready. Unless your badge reads "Thought and meaning police", all you have is some unrealistic self gratifying feeling that what I state is a slur because of my intentions.

Honestly, you and this type of thinking is exactly why we are where we are. And yes, this is the butthurt I have talked about.

And stop blaming others for the suicides of people that fall in the categories you have provided and defined. That is a personal choice.

If I wanted to make slurs at you, there are much easier words to state, all that cut directly to the point and don't need someone to incorrectly interpret it as something it is not.

This is exactly why you don't get people to discuss this crap. When it goes against what you back, all you have left is to call them mean/hateful/**insert what ever*phobic and so on.

You don't want a discussion. You want everyone to just nod their head and agree with you.
Last time I checked, Ed McMann may need some yes work between his delivering of overly large checks and balloons.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And who in this thread is making fun of Bruce?

My question was is that normal. Not does it make them happy.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So an addition to the chromosome. How often does that happen?

Where there is a straight XX or XY, what is produced?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So an addition to the chromosome. How often does that happen?

It's not common. If that is what you are getting at. But you could argue that it is a mutation and mutations are VERY normal things.

Where there is a straight XX or XY, what is produced?

Like I said, not always a male or a female. There are males with XX chromosomes and females with XY chromosomes, but you wouldn't know it without a DNA test.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And who in this thread is making fun of Bruce?

My question was is that normal. Not does it make them happy.

My point is that normal is relative. It's normal that mutation with a very small chance of occurring can change the direction of a species' evolution (since it happens all the time). In that case, we are looking at a small subset of the total population. We could call that subset abnormal, but in the grand scheme of things they will eventually proliferate that mutation and become normal. That is how evolution works.

Who are you to say that this isn't another way that evolution adapts a species to its environment? To me, that would make it VERY normal indeed. If there is one thing about nature, it will try anything, because it may work out.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So, wanting to change sex or chop off a limb, or claim to be black when you are white is now evolution.

Your really grasping.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Well it is more of a suggestion. I have no proof of this supposition, just hypothesizing. Nature spreads out in all directions. Is it really unreasonable to assume that thinking behaves the same way? Thinking is, after all, an evolutionary mutation.

But really, your entire problem resides in your rigid belief that "normal" is objective, when it isn't. I'm really just showing you how normal is subjective. The hypothesizing was just a side effect of trying to explain myself in a different way to get you to see this point.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I am well able to understand your point.

In this instance, Bruce's want is not normal.

The numbers as a whole verify this.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I am well able to understand your point.

In this instance, Bruce's want is not normal.

The numbers as a whole verify this.

You have persuaded me, I agree with you wanting to do this is comparatively abnormal. What now boss...???

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree here because neither of us are looking like we are going to budge on our positions.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Nothing. That is the thing.

It just isn't normal.

That has been my whole point from the start. And repeated time and time again.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wheew I'm glad were past that. I guess we can go about our business nothing to see here then right?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I didn't call you anything, i have never stated you were anything hateful, i said you are ignorant and arrogant on these issues clamming to know how everyone's Chromosomes are lined up.

America is this way because people are trying to control other peoples lives, and each group is now fighting back. i have the right to get offended by whatever i want.. i'm sorry if you think fighting for equality and a little bit of tolerance is the demise of America..

In fact i agreed with you, we are Abnormal, i never asked you too agree with me. i said you are using Abnormal in a shameful way, a safer way of making it a slur

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

i wouldn't call it hiding behind a GLBTQ wall, yes we want to be seen as Human Beings, but without a Label we are nothing, for the moment we have to stand behind our GLBTQ community to have a voice, to be loud and say 'This" is who i am. i am 'X' and i'm also a Human same as you

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

That has been my stance the entire time.

I could care less what he does. But, suggesting it as normal is the issue I have.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Please show me, and be specific, where I used it as a shaming mechanism.
Examples are a must. Pics if you got'em.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join