It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

By the way. You labeled me OCD just because I said I like to place things in an order and consider it not normal for everyone. True OCD is some levels heavier. So I could say, you labeled me because of one trait. You are not better

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We are not fruit flies........nor are we discussing the a persons perception. Nor are we waxing on the theory of what "is" really means.

Chromosomes are set. They determine the sex of a person.

While there may be different brain chemistries that alter a persons decisions and such, it doesn't change their chromosomal make up.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

That is true, hell i wont even be a shimmering in Her eye...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Never said i was better, i'm trying to figure out what Normal is.. i have no problem being labeled abnormal now.. but i'm curious legitimately curious what normal is..

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Let me help you try figure out what normal is

adjective
conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
serving to establish a standard.
Psychology.

approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
free from any mental disorder; sane.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Okay, can you give me some examples of Normal people?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Your problem is you take the word normal and try to pass it on the whole person.
I thought, after my second time quoting that you might get the concept that one can be normal in one aspect but abnormal in another.
Stop trying to think in absolutes.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

We are not fruit flies........nor are we discussing the a persons perception. Nor are we waxing on the theory of what "is" really means.

Chromosomes are set. They determine the sex of a person.

While there may be different brain chemistries that alter a persons decisions and such, it doesn't change their chromosomal make up.

Chromosomes determine the physical gender. The "packaging" of a brain that is in every way the opposite of the physical "packaging". Sexual orientation and Gender are not the same thing. Which has previously been pointed out.

From Ted Talks, 2013. Fruit flies are used in science.

Now, in genetics, it's a little counterintuitive. We tend to infer the normal function of something by what doesn't happen when we take it away, by the opposite of what we see when we take it away. So when we take away the dopamine receptor and the flies take longer to calm down, from that we infer that the normal function of this receptor and dopamine is to cause the flies to calm down faster after the puff. And that's a bit reminiscent of ADHD, which has been linked to disorders of the dopamine system in humans. Indeed, if we increase the levels of dopamine in normal flies by feeding them coc aine after getting the appropriate DEA license — oh my God -- (Laughter) — we find indeed that these coc aine-fed flies calm down faster than normal flies do, and that's also reminiscent of ADHD, which is often treated with drugs like Ritalin that act similarly to coc aine. So slowly I began to realize that what started out as a rather playful attempt to try to annoy fruit flies might actually have some relevance to a human psychiatric disorder.

www.ted.com...

edit on 18-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So no one is completely "Normal"? so why do we base "Abnormal" against "Normal"?

i am trying to understand

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: TrappedPrincess

First, I am a savage. Nice'ness isn't my main focus for the day.
Second, unless you can read my mind, your assumption of me making statements to just piss people off is an assumption.

So.....

Savages so often end up in chains or worse...historically speaking of course.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Me......I am soooooo normal it isn't even funny.

How about this.
10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 arms, 2 hands, 2 eyes, mouth, teeth, nose, 2 nostrils, etc......

Because we have moved from Bruce mentally "acting" transgender, and have come into the "it is his makeup", then normal comes down to physical makeup, not how one acts.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

So then it is a mental thing for Bruce....since we all know, by your admission, that physically he is a male.

The chemical brain soup is what drives him to want to be female.

2 steps forward, 10 leaps back I guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Nah....killed, used as mercenaries, tucked away until deemed a necessity.....
There are many uses and needs for people like me.

I make no qualms that I am a savage. I am not built for life behind a desk, so I must medicate myself to allow my brain to function in society driven by memos, excel spreadsheet reports and grocery runs.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
See we have that in common, maybe we will meet one day. See I was offered merc work when I first got out as a matter of fact. I turned it down because I had no desire to actively pursue a career based on death and violence in the name of corrupt imperialism. I chose to pursue a life of bettering myself and growing as a person, see the idea of killing people that I have never met in exchange for lucrative compensation did not sit right with me.

The fact that you attempt to justify your bitter negativity by saying that people like you are needed is ignorant and antiquated at best. The world does not need more people like you quite the contrary actually, we need more thinkers, builders, educators, scientists. We certainly do not need anymore violent ignorant thugs, we have plenty of those.

a reply to: macman

Im also curious if you could provide an example of what you deem a savage is exactly.

edit on CDTFri, 19 Jun 2015 08:39:14 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago19-05:00Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:39:14 -050039 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 19 Jun 2015 08:39:59 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago19-05:00Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:39:59 -050039 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

I also find it disgusting that you refer to being violent, nasty and disrespectful as medicating and I have the problem...riiiiiiight.
edit on CDTFri, 19 Jun 2015 08:47:17 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago19-05:00Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:47:17 -050047 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I and the others like me have a place on this world. We are required at times.

Has nothing to do with your sofa-based psych eval of me being bitter towards anything.

Funny, within this whole thread, you and another have made more assumptions about me and have shown to have more biases then I ever could state.

So....I am negative and bitter. DO go on.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess

I also find it disgusting that you refer to being violent, nasty and disrespectful as medicating and I have the problem...riiiiiiight.

Not only do you have issues with judging those that don't agree with you........you also seem to have a reading comprehension issue.

At what point did I state being those things was my medication?

Honestly. At this point, the only person from your side of the fence that is being in any form logical or wanting a discussion is Darth.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

, so I must medicate myself to allow my brain to function in society driven by memos, excel spreadsheet reports and grocery runs.

There you are, MOUTH!!!! Oh your so cute playing the misunderstood victim. I'm not angry, violent or aggressive at all yet your bloodlust and bitterness oozes off your words. You are a joke, a clown with an inflated sense of self worth and importance. Society does not need you at all despite how you feel about your self. I make no assumptions about you, only observations and you are a bitter, negative little man that can't see his own nature.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I must medicate myself........this is not very difficult to understand.

Stratera......I must medicate myself...

Good hell. Hey here is a suggestion. How about you stop playing the role butthurt transgender/gay/trapped person and actually READ what people have typed.

Honestly....how is it that you have progressed as far in life as you suggest?

As for playing the victim?? You seem to hold claim to that crown there princess.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i love how this thread started as "stuff we should have been paying attention to while bruce "caitlyn" jenner was important" and turned into "bruce "caitlyn" jenner is important".

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess

I'm not violent or aggressive at all

I never stated such things.

I am very much aggressive and do like physical violence (with willful partners).

Here is the differences between us. I embrace and make no excuses nor do I pretend I am not an aggressive savage, who likes violence. I am not hiding behind a "trapped" label. I don't force others to my viewpoint and try to make everyone accept me. I KNOW that I am not the cup of tea to most people in the world. And.....I don't care.
See, I have a place. People like me have a place in this world. The fact that you keyed on that, and then went off on some fictional based tirade means that I have touched a nerve.
My place may be small....but at least I have a place.

So.....yeah......um Bruce Jenner, not normal.

Many other things that the media could be focusing on.

For me??? I am able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join