It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Bedlam

just proves the government is evil...who sends a fax?

NSA has a problem reading hand written faxes. Not so much with calls out of BAFB.

HIPPA requires medical records to be mailed or faxed -- no email. A lot of doctor's notes are hand written.

Interesting...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

That must be the face of a Dis-Info agent, who do you think you are fooling? The nerve of you giving me applause, like you really meant it? You were probably sticking your tongue out at me as you clapped!

edit on 6 3 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Maybe they fixed it, but at the time, the safest thing you could do in a hurry was scribble a note on something like wrapping paper and fax it.

Sort of like a captcha, only with some info to it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
Please take this opportunity to share what you know about alien abductions.

Ask the little blue doctors if they'll let you play with the wall-opening gadget. It looks like a weird flashlight.

It would make running new wiring in a house a hell of a lot easier.

I'm intrigued by what you say, but I have never seen a blue alien.
I've seen aliens that were seven foot tall greys, their color was like the belly of a fish, whitish-grey on the front, wearing robes.
I've seen shorter greys. Some brownish tan in color. Wrinkled, not smooth.
I've seen aliens that were like grasshoppers or ants, in a way. With limbs impossibly thin, like broomsticks. In military looking uniforms, some with emblems.
Never saw a nordic, or a blue alien.

But yes, they were "doctors".
edit on 3-6-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

Depends if you are speaking of the ones on payroll or simply off payroll unwittingly spreading cultural mind viruses (memes)
edit on 3-6-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Perhaps you ought to invest in a camera of some sort, since you apparently see aliens all the time. Actually, on second thought, perhaps you should skip the camera and save the money. Psychiatrists can be quite expensive these days.

Maybe they fixed it, but at the time, the safest thing you could do in a hurry was scribble a note on something like wrapping paper and fax it.

Sort of like a captcha, only with some info to it.

That probably still holds true, at least to some extent, however OCR technology has improved drastically in the last few years. Almost scarily so.
edit on 6/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

No, no...what I'm saying is maybe there's something to what you're saying since HIPPA laws require medical files to ONLY be transmitted via fax or hardcopy via the mail. There was something about the security of email.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

HM, what about handwriting analysis?

Faxes are pretty much point to point too. Unless there was a physical tap on the machine itself, or at the telephone company. Hm...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

That's not too surprising. Most email systems are remarkably insecure, at least to those with the proper knowledge.

Cut-out letters from magazines, ransom note style, and carrier pigeons. That's the way to go.
edit on 6/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Depends on what you consider 'disinformation.' Would you consider something disinformation if it was simply in opposition of your opinion? Most people establish fact with references and or are able to philosophy in a credible fashion. No if someone's in here saying,"if you point a loaded gun at your head you won't die," or something to that effect, then you shouldn't be stupid enough to believe it. This is where collaboration and ideas meet. Don't be scared or paranoid just because there are conflicting ideas in here. That really just shows you shouldn't be embiding in a forum that runs at this level yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Nah, how about actually TALKING to someone, in a public bathroom with a portable radio set to static. Or use a locker at a gym as a dead drop for encrypted notes that are written in riddles, stored on micro SD cards hidden inside a pair of running shoes.

I would have made a good spy

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You'd have to assume that you were being trailed, at least somewhat, so the public bathroom thing would only work if you met in completely random bathrooms. If they were to notice a pattern in which bathrooms you go to and when, it would be trivial for them to install a hidden camera, then read your lips.

Now, the encypted riddle on the micro SD card in the running shoes in the locker thing...That's an idea I could get behind.

I would have been an excellent cold war era spy.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Disinformation agents or shills or whatever name you'd like to give them are are not new to media it goes back to the beginning of time recorded or not. defined its a manipulation to either extract information or to guide to a certain belief or conclusion. The entire lobbying industry is just this. Form an experiment-expression in any subject watch the replies pay close attention to language as regards to level of education, references to whom replied and ideologies that just a few to start .

there is a reason the "Storm of the century" is all over your local news, fear stimulates action which in turn stimulates economies.
As far as UFO and aliens Go my close friend lost time and ended up 3 miles and 7hrs later in the middle of a swamp with clean shoes when looking for ways to exit had no options but to get mud up to his knees when he made it back to his car his keys wallet and phone were laid out on the driver seat in a row. ive asked him numerous times to let me know where he was dropped off at he wouldnt or couldnt say i so wanted to go and find that place to see if others came out of that swamp! Cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Ha, I could come up with ideas like that for days...

How about creating a cipher using the nutritional information from a certain brand and product. The person could go to any store that sold that brand of item and get the message.

EDIT: Oh any anyone that knows their spycraft will be able to tell if they grow a tail.
edit on 3-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
EDIT: Oh any anyone that knows their spycraft will be able to tell if they grow a tail.

They run the spycraft class for CAG in and through Washington DC for part of it. Legend has it there are street corners/light posts encrusted with old chalk marks...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

They still use chalk? What is this 1967?

They don't have special dyes that can only be seen with special sunglasses?

Real life, you disappoint me.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Perhaps you ought to invest in a camera of some sort, since you apparently see aliens all the time. Actually, on second thought, perhaps you should skip the camera and save the money. Psychiatrists can be quite expensive these days.

I'll take your word for it. I hope you aren't paying them out of pocket, because they don't seem to be working for you.
Hang in there.
That's all the time we have for today.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

However, you might find this intriguing and I can only say so much about it. A certain, credible member made a series of popular posts and threads and did it all without leaving a trace. Maybe they were a 'paid disinfo agent' or an independent mischief-maker? We'll probably never know because they executed it all without so much as a fingerprint left behind.

That is just wrong . It is the written equivalent of " that movie " that ends and you say wtf , i dont know what just happened , is there more .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The better question ( for any and all ) is: Does it really matter if there are or are not paid posters on ATS? Does their potential presence change anything about the way you behave or post?

It's an important question because, in all reality, if your answer is "Yes, I do behave differently fearing they are here" then they don't even need to be here. Their job is already done. Instead of paying people to be here all that is necessary is for big brother to spread the idea that they're here and, viola', exact conditioned response achieved - for free.

My personal approach is to not give two shakes if they are here or not. I do not alter my posting at all. In fact I don't try to hide. Hefficide is an alteration of my real name and searching it on any search engine will bring up just about everything about who I am in the first couple of hits. If the government ever decides to round us up? I want to be easy for them to find, cuz screw them. There is a reason why John Hancock put a gigantic signature on the Constitution, one that nobody could miss. It was his huge middle finger to the powers of his time. My approach is the same - though obviously he had much more to fear than I do.

As far as ATS debate goes. The format is such that it really doesn't matter if you're arguing against this guy:

or this guy

The approach is the same. Make your point, back it up with facts, avoid being trolled into reacting emotionally and win the debate.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

You know what you will find even more frustrating than a "dis-info" agent?

An ATSer that came to the boards years ago a believer who has had all the same outrageous experiences as the othe believers, and then progressively realized that there is nothing to base that belief upon that has one iota to do with aliens.

They're the worst.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us (to be critical)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join